Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

Four different players will hit at least 60 home runs, and at least one team will hit 280.

Then we will have the debate about whether this year's MLB HR leader is now the true home run king even though he hit fewer home runs than McGwire and Bonds.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

But wouldn't it be great if they didn't? Nobody says they have to suck.

It is all about the pitching this year IMO.  I think the hitting line up will be ALRIGHT...not great not even very good, but I think the hitting will be middle of the road this year.  I have no idea what the pitching is going to be like.  My gut and guess says they will be very bad...that is going to be the killer this year.  And if the kids fall on their faces (the hitting kids) it is going to be a LOOOOONG year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

It is all about the pitching this year IMO.  I think the hitting line up will be ALRIGHT...not great not even very good, but I think the hitting will be middle of the road this year.  I have no idea what the pitching is going to be like.  My gut and guess says they will be very bad...that is going to be the killer this year.  And if the kids fall on their faces (the hitting kids) it is going to be a LOOOOONG year.

Defense should be good, which will help the pitching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of the several teams to try to acquire MFullmer (if healthy of course) at the deadline the Nats and Angels could be two of them. The Tigs ask for JSoto and LGarcia or CKieboom and an arm (Nats) or KMaitan, RMarsh and an arm (Halos)... Nats may also try for McCann as well if their C position is not solidified by then.

BTW, Duece is not for trade ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Candilerio plays the best defensive 3b for the tigers  of the last 50 years.

Zimmerman experiences ruptured discs in both the cervical and lumbar regions and is on the 60 day dl by June 1.

Dixon plays an adequate 2b and hits 15 hr while batting .275 with a .350 OBP.

James McCann develops back issues and misses 15 games due to back spasms.

Buck Farmer finally becomes a mainstay in the rotation in Detroit.

Tigers start 21-19 and still lose at least 100 games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just so thoroughly uninterested in the Tigers atm that the boldest prediction I could make is:

They manage to put together a team and a system that, by this time next year, I'll be excited for the Tigers future.

I've never been this apathetic about the team before.  :ermm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Turnbuckle said:

I'm just so thoroughly uninterested in the Tigers atm that the boldest prediction I could make is:

They manage to put together a team and a system that, by this time next year, I'll be excited for the Tigers future.

I've never been this apathetic about the team before.  :ermm:

But you still read this and responded so you must not be THAT apathetic. See you at Comerica. See you there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A bunch of guys the Tigers traded or lost as free agents will be good

The guys actually on the team will not

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2018 at 1:20 AM, HeyAbbott said:

Candilerio plays the best defensive 3b for the tigers  of the last 50 years.

Zimmerman experiences ruptured discs in both the cervical and lumbar regions and is on the 60 day dl by June 1.

Dixon plays an adequate 2b and hits 15 hr while batting .275 with a .350 OBP.

James McCann develops back issues and misses 15 games due to back spasms.

Buck Farmer finally becomes a mainstay in the rotation in Detroit.

Tigers start 21-19 and still lose at least 100 games.

I see you, Brandon...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Chili Mac Davis said:

But you still read this and responded so you must not be THAT apathetic. See you at Comerica. See you there.

I'll always be a fan of the Tigers fan, but I'm as tuned out as I've ever been coming into a new season.

This will probably be my first year not going to Comerica in a long time.  I went to two games last year.

The first one was on July 30th with Verlander starting against the Astros.  We won 13-1 and I remember feeling some relief that we kept Verlander amidst the rest of the rebuild.  JV and Fulmer being something to build around.

The second was an 11-1 loss against the Indians on September 3rd.  Just a few days after trading Verlander, and projected starter Michael Fulmer replaced by Chadwick Bell due to injury.  That was the hardest game I ever had to sit through.  The Tigers weren't just bad, they were boring.  I love baseball, but the Tigers were just boring.  I was/am completely deflated as a fan of the team.

I feel this even more strongly with Ron Gardenhire at the helm and looking at top 100 prospect lists nearly devoid of any Tiger. 

There is literally nothing for me to be excited for with this team at the moment and the management/ownership have done nothing to make me actually hopeful for their vision of the future.  This ain't like the Astros or Cubs of a few years ago; it's more like the Red Wings of the last several.

So, again, my boldest prediction is the team proves me wrong on several accounts. 

My son is turning 3 in May; I'd like to take him to his first Tigers game around his 5th birthday in 2020 and give him a glimpse of a team that we'll be watching in the playoffs before I turn 40 (I'll be 36 in July)

It ain't looking pretty atm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×