Put your bold predictions for the 2018 season here.  

Is this is something that requires facts organized in a logical narrative? Heck. 

No, this thread is all about unrealistic conjecture.  

Now that’s more up my alley. I’ll put on my tin foil thinking cap and see what I come up with. 

Fulmer will have a Carltonesque 1972ish season where he wins 20 of the club’s total of 60 triumphs. 

Tigers win the division. Nick and Cabrera hit 40 home runs, VMart and McCann hit 25. Tigers BP leads the lead in ERA, strikeouts and inherited runners stranded. Tigers win the ALDS but lose to the eventual Series winning Yankees.

• Like 1

Tigers start off 23-15 and are in first on May 10.  There is talk about a new attitude in the clubhouse and Gardenhire is called a genius.  Then they lose 30 of their next 40 games as their pitching falls apart against tougher competition.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Comerica sells out twice.

1. Opening Day
2. The night after the signing of young hot shot Henry Rowengartner.

I was going to say they may sell out if JV pitches at Copa but I just checked the schedule and Houston doesn't come till Mid September during the week.  If it was in the summer and a weekend game I could see that being close to a sellout.

17 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I was going to say they may sell out if JV pitches at Copa but I just checked the schedule and Houston doesn't come till Mid September during the week.  If it was in the summer and a weekend game I could see that being close to a sellout.

If he's lined up to pitch, it will sell out. Even in mid-September. 

But it will be a lot like the early days of Copa. People will show up to clap for JV and watch him tip his cap then everyone will be gone by the second inning. 

3 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Zimmerman loses 20

Now this is bold. Not so much that he'll lose 20, but that he'll be healthy enough to start 20.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Now this is bold. Not so much that he'll lose 20, but that he'll be healthy enough to start 20.

He started 29 last year and 19 the year before that. I think he can get to 20 starts.

17 minutes ago, Keepleyland2 said:

He started 29 last year and 19 the year before that. I think he can get to 20 starts.

Zimmerman sucks

JaCoby JoNes makes the team over Reyes, and Reyes is offered back to the DBacks.

9 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Zimmerman loses 20

I might not sure he’s good enough to do that.

Judge K's 240 times but Boone insists on batting him 2nd, Stanton gets hurt, Casti pounds the crap out of Brett Gardner in a fight.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2018 at 7:52 PM, tiger337 said:

Tigers start off 23-15 and are in first on May 10.  There is talk about a new attitude in the clubhouse and Gardenhire is called a genius.  Then they lose 30 of their next 40 games as their pitching falls apart against tougher competition.  

Quite likely, actually.

On 3/10/2018 at 2:45 AM, cruzer1 said:

JaCoby JoNes makes the team over Reyes, and Reyes is offered back to the DBacks.

This is not bold.  Reyes is that bad.

3 minutes ago, sabretooth said:

This is not bold.  Reyes is that bad.

That seems bold to me. There have been enough quotes this offseason from gardenhire and Avila regarding wanting guys to play every day in Toledo rather than ride the pine in Detroit. And there isn’t much doubt that the three starting OF spots are spoken for. 

A great spring for Jones is better than the alternative. But before throwing away a player, I think they wait and see how Jones does in Toledo. 

1 hour ago, Shelton said:

That seems bold to me. There have been enough quotes this offseason from gardenhire and Avila regarding wanting guys to play every day in Toledo rather than ride the pine in Detroit. And there isn’t much doubt that the three starting OF spots are spoken for. 

A great spring for Jones is better than the alternative. But before throwing away a player, I think they wait and see how Jones does in Toledo. 

IDK, Reyes seems to be a guy that has shown good bat skills but the zero power in a guy 6'3" wouldn't seem to play well in today's game so I'm not sure how committed they should be.

OTOH - Jones has had hot streaks before and then gone cold again. The question with him is always whether he can sustain it when he starts going good - so you can't read too much into what he is doing either.

Reyes does not seem like much, but he's the same guy who they selected with the first pick in the Rule5 Draft.  So, I would think he is probably going to make the team.  Thus, saying he won't qualifies as bold.