Casimir

Game 66: Bulls @ Pistons, 03/09 @ 7pm

I really I could have seen Jordan's face when he saw this cover. With his ego I can't imagine there was anything left unbroken in his house.

2 hours ago, Betrayer said:

I really I could have seen Jordan's face when he saw this cover. With his ego I can't imagine there was anything left unbroken in his house.

Yup.  I have to imagine this ramped up his workout and practice intensity a bit as well, no that he was a slouch to begin with.

It also seems kind of surprising that Dumars, who was considered a quiet and calm and stoic type of personality, posed for this.  At least that was my impression of him at the time.

5 hours ago, Casimir said:

Yup.  I have to imagine this ramped up his workout and practice intensity a bit as well, no that he was a slouch to begin with.

It also seems kind of surprising that Dumars, who was considered a quiet and calm and stoic type of personality, posed for this.  At least that was my impression of him at the time.

But all of those Pistons loved to disrespect Jordan - it was part of who they were.

Drummond to the Lakers for the corpse of Luol Deng, Lonzo Ball, and a pick or two.  Right after the Lakers sign PG and LeBron.  Not sure how Lonzo works with Lebron as he's the one who has to have the ball in his hands all the time and Lonzo can't really stand there and shoot.

18 hours ago, Buddha said:

Drummond to the Lakers for the corpse of Luol Deng, Lonzo Ball, and a pick or two.  Right after the Lakers sign PG and LeBron.  Not sure how Lonzo works with Lebron as he's the one who has to have the ball in his hands all the time and Lonzo can't really stand there and shoot.

That'd be one way to add a high maintenance/profile consultant to the organization.

2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

hope he can stick somewhere, seemed like a good guy.  Maybe a worse thing to take to be able to play again, be no longer 'hurt' but still not be able to get back to what you were, than to just have an injury end your career "cleanly" and you move on.

This is how crazy the west is.

20 games ago Utah was in 10th place. They are 18-2 in those last 20 games. They are still in 10th place.

san antonio is going to miss the playoffs.

3 hours ago, Deleterious said:

This is how crazy the west is.

20 games ago Utah was in 10th place. They are 18-2 in those last 20 games. They are still in 10th place.

And won 11 in a row on the road and they aren't just winning, they are blowing teams away. Crazy

Lots of interesting storylines this season.  Ultimately, it will probably be Cavs-Warriors again but the road for both will be a lot bumpier than it has in years' past. The east looks a lot stronger than it has been in years past, it's about time.

6 minutes ago, Buddha said:

san antonio is going to miss the playoffs.

It took about 15 years, but the Pistons will finally match the Spurs.

3 minutes ago, NYLion said:

And won 11 in a row on the road and they aren't just winning, they are blowing teams away. Crazy

Lots of interesting storylines this season.  Ultimately, it will probably be Cavs-Warriors again but the road for both will be a lot bumpier than it has in years' past. The east looks a lot stronger than it has been in years past, it's about time.

warriors have a very hard road to the finals.  houston is just as good or better than them.

1 minute ago, Buddha said:

warriors have a very hard road to the finals.  houston is just as good or better than them.

I'm still in "I'll believe it when I see it" mode when it comes to the Warriors or Cavs losing in the playoffs. Outside of Houston, the west is pretty weak relatively speaking and I don't know if I trust Houston yet because they are way too reliant on the 3, even moreso than Golden State. They could easily shoot themselves out of an early round playoff series especially if they meet up with OKC or San Antonio with a healthy Leonard (big if of course).

On the other hand, the east has gotten a lot more interesting.  Toronto is legit, this is the deepest team they've ever had, we all know about Boston, the Wizards are always dangerous with those guards, The Process and even teams like Indiana and Miami are legit playoff teams. The east hasn't been this wide open in years and this is coming from somebody who previously thought that it was Cleveland and then everybody else.

boston's chances this year took a major hit when they lost heyward.  on the bright side, it allowed them to develop brown and tatum to the point where they can trade one in the offseason for more assets.

i would like to believe in toronto even if it meant i would have to watch their annoying fans in the playoffs.

Brandon Jennings just missed a triple double tonight.  23 minutes, 16 points, 12 assists, 8 rebounds.  

8 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Brandon Jennings just missed a triple double tonight.  23 minutes, 16 points, 12 assists, 8 rebounds.  

Yes, but Jameer Nelson.... 

This team sucks.

18 minutes ago, Nastradamus said:

Don't understand not getting Jennings

Jameer Nelson.

it wouldn't shock me if Detroit doesn't have the room under the luxury tax to sign someone. Even at the veterans minimum.