Casimir

Game 65: Raptors @ Pistons, 03/07 8:00pm

i think that if reggie is healthy the pistons can get to a middle seed in the east.  thats their ceiling unless luke or stanley develop into really good players, but i think they can do a 4/5 east seed.

blake griffin may not be as good as he used to be, but he's still really good.

Where does one find this "healthy Jackson"?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Where does one find this "healthy Jackson"?

the knee issue is definitely a worry.  thr sprained ankle is just one of those things that happens.

i think reggie's absence is an importsnt reason why theyre bad right now, but it shouldnt be a complete excuse for svg's coaching and gm failure.  the roster is bloated with bad contracts and has very little upside and no real future assets.  and its capped out.  thats the real failure, that they will never be any better than they will be in the next year or two (again, assuming reggie is healthy).

When Sydney stops doing those lone poster play by play GDT's, you know it's bad.  Looks like he finally found "something else to do". Damn you SVG.

Still haven't seen a minute since the Pelicans loss and still won't until the Pillsbury Doughboy is canned. 

4 hours ago, Buddha said:

the knee issue is definitely a worry.  thr sprained ankle is just one of those things that happens.

i think reggie's absence is an importsnt reason why theyre bad right now, but it shouldnt be a complete excuse for svg's coaching and gm failure.  the roster is bloated with bad contracts and has very little upside and no real future assets.  and its capped out.  thats the real failure, that they will never be any better than they will be in the next year or two (again, assuming reggie is healthy).

While I agree, looking position by position is so ugly

PG: Pretty good, if Reggie is healthy and Ish is backup

SG: Horrible

SF: Horrible

PF: Blake/Tolliver is one of the better situations in the league here I'd say

C: Andre is a great starter, no depth other than playing Blake at the 5

I mean, I'd think they could find someone to throw at SF who can 3 and D, but they haven't done that yet. And that's still hoping Kennard can play the 2

20 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Just resting him so he is fresh for the playoffs.  xD

The Norwegian Blue needs 'is rest, guv, 

16 hours ago, Buddha said:

Yes, even if Jackson were healthy, the bad contracts are still around, there are no real future assets, the team is capped out.  They might peak at, what, a second round playoff team, maybe a conference finals appearance?  And that's it.  That's the current best case scenario, with no chance at improving upon or sustaining that window for more than a two or three year window without some sort of drastic unforeseen circumstances?

23 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

you guys will look silly when they get the #1 pick.

I will look silly regardless of what pick is bestowed upon the Fightin' Van Gundys.

3 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Am I the only one hoping they lose the pick this year (when SVG would probably have it) as opposed to next year (when it will hopefully be someone else)

I mean, I realize top 3 pick with SVG vs middle of the first round probably but....

4 hours ago, Deleterious said:

They will get the #5 pick. Book it.