Casimir

Game 65: Raptors @ Pistons, 03/07 8:00pm

Bullock’s trying to play hero ball, and it’s burning my eyes. 

raptors on a big comeback.  so van gundy sits blake and drummond and goes with a lineup of buyks, bullock, moreland, ennis and toliver.

16-2 run.

The Pistons have to have one of the worst second strings in the league. It’s a collection of misfits standing around and another guy trying to hero ball. 

Griffin’s going to finish this game with less than 30 minutes played. Huh Van Gundy??

1 minute ago, Deleterious said:

I think I mostly tune in to see how they will lose.  

I’m trying to figure out why SVG traded and mortgaged the future for a superstar and he won’t give him proper minutes. 

5 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

I’m trying to figure out why SVG traded and mortgaged the future for a superstar and he won’t give him proper minutes. 

Just resting him so he is fresh for the playoffs.  xD

• Haha 1

lol Ish and Bullock just run into each other and Derozan goes coast to coast for an and 1 chaos dunk

Blake with the and 1.  Chance to take the lead with 10 seconds left.

1 minute ago, pyrotigers said:

lol Ish and Bullock just run into each other and Derozan goes coast to coast for an and 1 chaos dunk

WTF was that.  

Just now, pyrotigers said:

That cracked me up. Griffin comes through, and the D lays an egg giving up an uncontested end-to-end dunk. Deeeeeeeeetroit basketbaaaaaaaaaaall. 

Just now, Deleterious said:

WTF was that.  

I'd say they're throwing the game to get a good draft pick...but...

This is the dumbest last .9 seconds to a game in the history of the National Basketball Association. Both of these teams should be banned

• Like 1

I was glad to see them give it to Blake with 4 seconds left.  That is what your star should do and he came through.  

Entertaining game.  Griffin is a very good player, but the trade for him has not improved the team, and has arguably made them worse.

There won’t be any playoffs, there won’t be a draft pick to look forward to, they are in cap ****, and Griffin is both injury prone and starting to decline.  The Pistons are in NBA purgatory. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Buddha said:

this team killed this forum.

7 hours ago, Euphdude said:

Entertaining game.  Griffin is a very good player, but the trade for him has not improved the team, and has arguably made them worse.

There won’t be any playoffs, there won’t be a draft pick to look forward to, they are in cap ****, and Griffin is both injury prone and starting to decline.  The Pistons are in NBA purgatory. 

There is no hope for the future.  They have built around a big 3 of Griffin, Drummond, and Jackson.  They are locked into that for the next couple of seasons.  No draft picks this season.  No cap space to add anyone of significance.  The young corp to compliment the trio is Johnson, and one could suggest Kennard and Ellenson even though one doesn't play and one probably can't play.  They've had one playoff appearance (as an 8 seed) in the last decade and it resulted in a 4 game sweep and out.  I think that they've been in purgatory for quite some time and they probably extended themselves rather than climb out of it the past couple of seasons.

5 hours ago, Casimir said:

There is no hope for the future.  

I wouldn't say no hope. I they would cut bait on Reggie and bring in a PG with the court sense to help these two bigs work together I think it could make a world of difference. True, based on his back court acquisitions to date, it's hard to have any confidence in  SVGs ability to identity and obtain that guard - and I suppose Reggie could surprise us next season - assuming he even gets 100% mobility back. I doubt that at least as much as the former.