Keepleyland2

3/6 @1:05 New York Yankees vs. Detroit Tigers

Yankees vs Tigers Spring Training Game 12.

Pubix Field at Joker Marchant Stadium in Lakeland

344f8c772412103.jpg

From the 1972 Yearbook

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

97.1 the ticket, the only audio or TV game in town for this one. 

I don't know why, but I don't listen to the spring games where the other team has the only radio broadcast.  I have the app, I might as well use it.  I'll watch a televised game that FSD isn't doing.

Liriano on the bump today.

23 out of 71 years or 32% of the time a Tiger was the batting champ.  Pretty impressive really.  8 teams in 1901 up to 12 teams in 1971.  You could reasonably expect a batting champ 10% of the time with that many teams.  32% is well above average.

2 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

23 out of 71 years or 32% of the time a Tiger was the batting champ.  Pretty impressive really.  8 teams in 1901 up to 12 teams in 1971.  You could reasonably expect a batting champ 10% of the time with that many teams.  32% is well above average.

Thank you Tyrus Cobb!

• Like 1

At what point do we merge The Walking Dead thread with the Tiger game threads this season?

3 minutes ago, Antrat said:

At what point do we merge The Walking Dead thread with the Tiger game threads this season?

I think you just did it

New York brought a pretty decent lineup with them today.

image.png.76f3d838ad5f60cf20a44518926e4384.png

Classic bullpen meltdown to end the game.  I think they’re ready to go north.

Travis Wood released, so they don't have to pay him the Three Dollars and Twenty-Five Cents he would have earned on his minor-league contract.  

14 hours ago, Casimir said:

I don't know why, but I don't listen to the spring games where the other team has the only radio broadcast.  I have the app, I might as well use it.  I'll watch a televised game that FSD isn't doing.

Liriano on the bump today.

Same, but this is full service game threads here. Trying to provide all options for coverage

Dawel Lugo optioned to Toledo.  He is the first 40-man roster guy to be optioned this spring.  

10 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

Dawel Lugo optioned to Toledo.  He is the first 40-man roster guy to be optioned this spring.  

make sense - 2018 is Machado's to win or lose out of the gate. I think that is as cast in stone as anything right now.

8 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

make sense - 2018 is Machado's to win or lose out of the gate. I think that is as cast in stone as anything right now.

I saw a recent blurb somewhere about Neil Walker being a fit for the Tigers on a one year with Machado to the bench and then taking over for either Walker or Iglesias once they leave.  I think it was move of a where could Walker go type of piece rather than what should the Tigers do.

15 hours ago, gzbach said:

Travis Wood released, so they don't have to pay him the Three Dollars and Twenty-Five Cents he would have earned on his minor-league contract.  

Apparently he was re-signed to a milb contract.  But I thought he was already signed to a milb contract and was in camp as a NRI.

Can anybody explain?