Sydney_Fife

Game 63: Pistons @ Heat

Watching the Heat play is a nice reminder that there are NBA players who can actually make shots. Just not in Detroit

I love the Pistons. Always have and always will. They’ll always be my team. 

But this decade has totally the sucked the life out of me as a fan. I’ve found a second team to cheer for to have something to watch.

Miami putting us out of our misery. The season is officially over. 

Fire Van Gundy. I’m signing off. See you all this summer. Go Pelicans!

I want Andre to snap and just start jacking up threes. If Stanley and Galloway can do it all game, why not

Blake looks hurt.  

The play looked innocent enough, Johnson put his shoulder into his ribs/back and Blake doubled over and had to come out.

The Miami Vice uniforms are pretty glorious.  Good move by the Heat marketing department.  

2 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Blake looks hurt.  

The play looked innocent enough, Johnson put his shoulder into his ribs/back and Blake doubled over and had to come out.

They took a timeout and he stayed in the game.

Good quarter.  Blake + 4 bench guys did a lot of the damage.  Down only 4 now.

I loved the end of the quarter.  Pistons get the ball with about 20 seconds left.  SJ has it and holds it for the final shot, an airball 3.  

Just now, Deleterious said:

I loved the end of the quarter.  Pistons get the ball with about 20 seconds left.  SJ has it and holds it for the final shot, an airball 3.  

If only the Pistons defense could dial up the SJ ISO for the other team

Andre and Blake: 49 points, 22 boards, 7 assists, 4 steals, on 17-34 shooting

Everyone else on the team: 33 points, 15 boards, 10 assists, 3 steals, on 15-42 shooting

Just now, pyrotigers said:

Andre and Blake: 49 points, 22 boards, 7 assists, 4 steals, on 17-34 shooting

Everyone else on the team: 33 points, 15 boards, 10 assists, 3 steals, on 15-42 shooting

Yeah, they basically have all bench guys after those two.

Normally I would say that isn't bad.  You can go get some free agents, make some trades.  But without cap space and not many assets to trade, I don't know how they go about improving the talent level this summer.  

And that is why Andre bugs me so much.

Great rebounder, but he never blocks out and it bites him in the butt sometimes.  

if they really thought they had a team that could/should make the playoffs, they would fire van gundy and hope that the replacement could rally the troops.

as it is now, van gundy is getting fired at the end of the season.

The roster is a blazing trash fire. SVG spends more time spouting political virtue signalling than he does research into players. The team is set up to be the 14th pick in the draft indefinitely

Once again, nice job with Luke Kennard.

Sincerely,

Donovan Mitchell's 2021 bank account

Part of the problem with SVG's drafting is that it's SVG coaching up the players.

Stanley Johnson, sure, jack up a bunch of threes

Luke Kennard, you're not playing tonight

How are these guys going to improve with this clown teaching them

13 hours ago, Deleterious said:

The Miami Vice uniforms are pretty glorious.  Good move by the Heat marketing department.  

Yes, someone deserves a raise for that one.

11 hours ago, Buddha said:

if they really thought they had a team that could/should make the playoffs, they would fire van gundy and hope that the replacement could rally the troops.

as it is now, van gundy is getting fired at the end of the season.

Are you sure he’s getting fired?  I’m not.

And if he does, who is the replacement?

23 minutes ago, Casimir said:

i expect him to be fired if they dont make the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Casimir said:

I don't think he will be fired either.

A new coach doesn't change anything.  This team still has a serious lack of talent and even with Reggie back, will start two guys who should be bench players.  That team isn't winning anything.

Why pay Stan $7M next year not to coach.  Plus then hire a GM and new coach for a total of $6-$8m more on top of that?  Not happening for a team that lost $41M last year.  

They will bring him back and talk up the injury excuse as to why this year didn't work.  And the injury excuse is legit up to a point.  They probably make the playoffs if Reggie stays healthy.  But even at 100% I struggle to see this team making it out of the first round of the playoffs.  

2 hours ago, Casimir said:

I'd be shocked, absolutely shocked, if he doesn't get fired.  He hasn't won one playoff game in 4 seasons, only made the playoff once, made constant "win now" trades by mortgaging the future without actually winning.  This season, he made a team that had an 8 game losing streak even worse somehow by handcuffing their future cap even further. 

It's an unmitigated disaster, and  no matter what one thinks of Gores there's just no way that Gores allows this to continue for another season.  Good luck to the next GM and coach who has to clean up this mess.

47 minutes ago, NYLion said:

I'd be shocked, absolutely shocked, if he doesn't get fired.  He hasn't won one playoff game in 4 seasons, only made the playoff once, made constant "win now" trades by mortgaging the future without actually winning.  This season, he made a team that had an 8 game losing streak even worse somehow by handcuffing their future cap even further. 

It's an unmitigated disaster, and  no matter what one thinks of Gores there's just no way that Gores allows this to continue for another season.  Good luck to the next GM and coach who has to clean up this mess.

You have more faith in Gores than I.