Sign in to follow this  
Euphdude

Reports: Tim Drevno out as UM’s offensive coordinator

Hallelujah!

Tim Drevno is no longer on the Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh’s coaching staff, several outlets, including The Wolverine Lounge and Bruce Feldman of Fox Sports, are reporting Friday after speculation began leaking a day earlier.

Drevno arrived at Michigan in 2015, in Harbaugh’s first season, as offensive coordinator. But with the recent hiring of former Florida head coach Jim McElwain and former Ohio State offensive-line coach Ed Warinner, most recently at Minnesota, it was not entirely clear how the offensive coaching responsibilities would be divvied up. Harbaugh recently said he expected no further changes to his staff.

It would appear now that McElwain, hired to coach receivers, will take over play-calling duties, while Warinner will coach the offensive line, which was Drevno’s other assignment.

jim harbaugh is michigan's oc.  mcelwane will be receiver coach.

drevno didnt get the job done and now he's out.  as it should be at major college football programs.

Yeah, I don't care about the OC title, but given Michigan's O-Line play the last couple of years, I can't see how a guy like Warinner won't be an upgrade over Drevno as line coach

On 2/24/2018 at 11:45 PM, pyrotigers said:

Yeah, I don't care about the OC title, but given Michigan's O-Line play the last couple of years, I can't see how a guy like Warinner won't be an upgrade over Drevno as line coach

Agreed, the work he did with the OSU Oline when they won the championship was phenomenal. They went from being abused by VT to manhandling Alabama.

I think our interior can be elite, we just need two people to step up at tackle and just be solid P5 starters. Can't afford any long term injuries though.