I have not seen any of the marvel movies. Not a one. We feel so left out pop culture wise with that. Wife and I decided to start watching them.  There’s a marvel exhibit at the Henry Ford museum and we figured it would mean more if we actually saw the movies.  

I found two options , either order of release or chronological order of the timeline.  I went with order of release.  Started with Iron Man tonight. Made up a list and everything.

Most of them are on Disney plus except for spider man and hulk(based on this site I got the list from).  

we are hoping to get through 4-5 a week.  

Nice. I need to do the same. I've seen 10ish of them. All IM, all Avengers, BP, and I don't remember what else. Should probably do like you and watch them in order. 

7 hours ago, Oblong said:

I have not seen any of the marvel movies. Not a one. We feel so left out pop culture wise with that. Wife and I decided to start watching them.  There’s a marvel exhibit at the Henry Ford museum and we figured it would mean more if we actually saw the movies.  

I found two options , either order of release or chronological order of the timeline.  I went with order of release.  Started with Iron Man tonight. Made up a list and everything.

Most of them are on Disney plus except for spider man and hulk(based on this site I got the list from).  

I did that with my son during this Covid period. I had seen them all before (caught up on the ones I missed back when infinity war was coming out a couple years ago).

They are all quite good for different reasons. But I think the captain America movies are the real backbone of the series. 

On 8/30/2020 at 12:20 AM, Oblong said:

Here's the Timeline version of the list:

https://www.techradar.com/how-to/how-to-watch-the-marvel-movies-in-order

Here's how to watch the Marvel films in chronological order, starting with Captain America: The First Avengers and finishing with Spider-Man: Far From Home (for the time being, anyway). The reason to watch the Marvel movies in this order is you'll see crucial MCU events play out as they happened. You'll follow the Tesseract's journey from the '40s to the assembling of the The Avengers, and also enjoy era-specific details like Carol Danvers landing in Blockbuster Video in the '90s, and meeting a pre-eyepatch Nick Fury. 

This is the chronological viewing order of the Marvel movies:

• Captain America: The First Avenger (takes place during WWII)
  • Captain Marvel (takes place in 1995)
  • Iron Man (takes place in 2010)
  • Iron Man 2 (takes place after Iron Man)
  • The Incredible Hulk (time unspecified, pre-Avengers)
  • Thor (takes place six months before Avengers)
  • The Avengers (takes place in 2012)
  • Iron Man 3 (takes place six months after The Avengers)
  • Thor: Dark World (post-Avengers, pre-Ultron)
  • Captain America: Winter Soldier (post-Avengers, pre-Ultron)
  • Guardians of the Galaxy (sometime in 2014)
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (after Guardians)
  • Avengers: Age of Ultron (takes place in 2015)
  • Ant-Man (takes place in 2015)
  • Captain America: Civil War (post-Ultron, pre-Infinity War)
  • Spider-Man: Homecoming (post-Civil War, pre-Infinity War)
  • Doctor Strange (takes place in 2016)
  • Black Panther (takes place in 2017)
  • Thor: Ragnarok (post-Ultron, pre-Infinity War)
  • Avengers: Infinity War (takes place in 2017)
  • Ant-Man and The Wasp (ambiguous, but fits nicely between IW and Endgame)
  • Avengers: Endgame (starts in 2017, finishes in 2022)
  • Spider-Man: Far From Home (post-Endgame)

Thanks. That’s the link I used for reference. We already started in release order and will stick with that. I wanted to see it unfold as I would have at the time.  Watched iron man 2 last night.  Tonight is Thor.  Hulk wasn’t available.  My son said the hulk and spider man movies missing in Disney plus aren’t necessary.   The last two days we were both like “I can’t wait to watch it tonight”.   What I liked was the action sequences weren’t drawn out.  That is what bored me with the various batman and DC movies but so far these seem to be just about right to make the point.  That’s my fault as a viewer I guess.  Just makes me dizzy and confused. 

Maybe this winter we will do it in chronological order to catch things that way. 

I can’t say I approve of watching those films in chronological order (like moving captains America and marvel into the first two spots). It doesn’t really work the way the article suggests. 

2 hours ago, Oblong said:

Thanks. That’s the link I used for reference. We already started in release order and will stick with that. I wanted to see it unfold as I would have at the time.  Watched iron man 2 last night.  Tonight is Thor.  Hulk wasn’t available.  My son said the hulk and spider man movies missing in Disney plus aren’t necessary.   The last two days we were both like “I can’t wait to watch it tonight”.   What I liked was the action sequences weren’t drawn out.  That is what bored me with the various batman and DC movies but so far these seem to be just about right to make the point.  That’s my fault as a viewer I guess.  Just makes me dizzy and confused. 

Maybe this winter we will do it in chronological order to catch things that way. 

The spider-man movies are essential because they are really damn good. I don’t want to say much more, but you need to seek them out. Skip hulk. 

3 hours ago, Tigertown Rats said:

Here's the Timeline version of the list:

https://www.techradar.com/how-to/how-to-watch-the-marvel-movies-in-order

Here's how to watch the Marvel films in chronological order, starting with Captain America: The First Avengers and finishing with Spider-Man: Far From Home (for the time being, anyway). The reason to watch the Marvel movies in this order is you'll see crucial MCU events play out as they happened. You'll follow the Tesseract's journey from the '40s to the assembling of the The Avengers, and also enjoy era-specific details like Carol Danvers landing in Blockbuster Video in the '90s, and meeting a pre-eyepatch Nick Fury. 

This is the chronological viewing order of the Marvel movies:

• Captain America: The First Avenger (takes place during WWII)
  • Captain Marvel (takes place in 1995)
  • Iron Man (takes place in 2010)
  • Iron Man 2 (takes place after Iron Man)
  • The Incredible Hulk (time unspecified, pre-Avengers)
  • Thor (takes place six months before Avengers)
  • The Avengers (takes place in 2012)
  • Iron Man 3 (takes place six months after The Avengers)
  • Thor: Dark World (post-Avengers, pre-Ultron)
  • Captain America: Winter Soldier (post-Avengers, pre-Ultron)
  • Guardians of the Galaxy (sometime in 2014)
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (after Guardians)
  • Avengers: Age of Ultron (takes place in 2015)
  • Ant-Man (takes place in 2015)
  • Captain America: Civil War (post-Ultron, pre-Infinity War)
  • Spider-Man: Homecoming (post-Civil War, pre-Infinity War)
  • Doctor Strange (takes place in 2016)
  • Black Panther (takes place in 2017)
  • Thor: Ragnarok (post-Ultron, pre-Infinity War)
  • Avengers: Infinity War (takes place in 2017)
  • Ant-Man and The Wasp (ambiguous, but fits nicely between IW and Endgame)
  • Avengers: Endgame (starts in 2017, finishes in 2022)
  • Spider-Man: Far From Home (post-Endgame)

I didn’t really see myself as a super hero fanboy but I’ve seen all of these except the Ant Man’s and Captain Marvel.   For the most part they all are pretty damn good.     Doctor Strange, Black Panther, and Winter Soldier were sneaky good where I had low expectations and was blown away.   

11 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

I didn’t really see myself as a super hero fanboy but I’ve seen all of these except the Ant Man’s and Captain Marvel.   For the most part they all are pretty damn good.     Doctor Strange, Black Panther, and Winter Soldier were sneaky good where I had low expectations and was blown away.   

Doctor strange was definitely the biggest surprise to me. I watched out of completeness and it ended up being one of my favorites. After that I basically just said “take my money” to them indefinitely. 

Thanks for the spider man tip.  I have them on my list anyway just not starred as being on Disney plus.  I will find them and rent if I need to.  Thor was tonight.  Same as iron man. Captivating with human interest stories and cool action.  I feel so left out.  I guess I was just so busy at the time with my kids stuff that movies weren’t a priority. He saw most of these with his grandpa anyway. When I see the casts it’s amazing. Like everybody was in these....  wife didn’t think she’d be able to watch on nights before she works but she pulled it off.  She’s usually one to doze off by 10.   Maybe Chris Hemsworth had something to do with that. 

if anyone reads this and thinks they wouldn’t like them I think you will be surprised.  I’ve seen the Batman movies, was bored by Superman reboots, and thought justice league was ok. This  blows them out of the water. 

Spider Man Homecoming is on F/X Monday evening so I will record that.  The other one is available from Starz, not sure if I still have access to their On Demand movies.  They were available at one time during the pandemic, just not the channels themselves.  

Coppola is going to re-release Godfather III.... new beginning, new ending... claims it will be more in line with what their intentions were.   If you know the history of this project you know that he was under intense pressure to release it by the end of the year, he wnated another full year. The problems with this movie, to me, are down to them not having enough time to edit the script and things like that... as well as recast around Sophia after Winona Ryder dropped out and not being able to pay Robert DuVall what he wanted.... the story was there.  Could have been a great movie.

December in theaters with home release after.  Will be interesting.

We've made it to Iron Man 3.  Have watched a MCU movie 6 nights in a row, skipping the Hulk.  These movies are great.  I love the way they connect but don't do it so blatantly.  I think Iron Man 1 and 3 are my favorites so far.... one thing with the Hulk, maybe it was explained in his movie, how does he differentiate between who he attacks?  In Avengers he just goes nuts on the ship but in the city he knows who the bad guys are and listens to the other Avengers.  I actually like the Bruce Banner character quite a bit as portrayed by Ruffalo.  Meh on Captain America for me.  

Overall what I like most is the attention to detail and the way they honor the comics and true fans of them.  I only pick that up based on research.  What I do is watch a movie then go on imdb to read up on the trivia.  I don't know anything about the comics. The producers and directors care about the fans and  are concerned with continuity and tradition.  

4 minutes ago, Oblong said:

We've made it to Iron Man 3.  Have watched a MCU movie 6 nights in a row, skipping the Hulk.  These movies are great.  I love the way they connect but don't do it so blatantly.  I think Iron Man 1 and 3 are my favorites so far.... one thing with the Hulk, maybe it was explained in his movie, how does he differentiate between who he attacks?  In Avengers he just goes nuts on the ship but in the city he knows who the bad guys are and listens to the other Avengers.  I actually like the Bruce Banner character quite a bit as portrayed by Ruffalo.  Meh on Captain America for me.  

Overall what I like most is the attention to detail and the way they honor the comics and true fans of them.  I only pick that up based on research.  What I do is watch a movie then go on imdb to read up on the trivia.  I don't know anything about the comics. The producers and directors care about the fans and  are concerned with continuity and tradition.  

This is about the spot where things start becoming more explicitly connected. 

I just watched an all time masterpiece of a movie called Hard To Be a God. This is most assuredly not a movie for everyone but I for one was taken aback and wowed by it. If you ever watch you will have to sit through Russian subtitles and a whole bunch of crazy dialogue that doesn't always follow the plot line of the movie. If you like offbeat movies and are looking for something the likes of which you have never seen, this is the movie for you.

On 9/4/2020 at 12:47 PM, Oblong said:

I was not a big comic guy, but I think the idea is that Banner is working with Hulk in some manner to try and control him a little better.

If it were not for Hulk and Iron Man I would probably have not watch much of the movies.  I was never a big Captain America or Thor guy.

I am simply fatigued on super hero movies at this point.  End Game took it all out of me, while overall a good movie, it was just so long.

We took a break last weekend but picked up this week.  Last night was Guardians of the Galaxy... man that was fun.  I had no idea what to expect.  Didn't realize there were two groups.  LIke I said, I'm a pop culture idiot.  Every movie is "Wow, this person's in this?  I had no idea"

This one reminded me of a Star Wars movie.  I really enjoyed the humor.   Loved the "man purse" reference and I don't know if this was intentional or not but his tape said "Awesome mix tape" which is what Rahad's tape said in boogie nights, also with John C Reilly.   Maybe a coincidence.

Next up for tonight is Infinity Wars.

3 hours ago, Oblong said:

We took a break last weekend but picked up this week.  Last night was Guardians of the Galaxy... man that was fun.  I had no idea what to expect.  Didn't realize there were two groups.  LIke I said, I'm a pop culture idiot.  Every movie is "Wow, this person's in this?  I had no idea"

This one reminded me of a Star Wars movie.  I really enjoyed the humor.   Loved the "man purse" reference and I don't know if this was intentional or not but his tape said "Awesome mix tape" which is what Rahad's tape said in boogie nights, also with John C Reilly.   Maybe a coincidence.

Next up for tonight is Infinity Wars.

Wait, in what order are you possibly watching?

Age of Ultron is next. I was going off memory and remembered it wrong.  I have a handwritten list and my watch list set up by phases.   Not watching tonight. Both kind of tired. 

15 hours ago, Oblong said:

Last night was Guardians of the Galaxy... man that was fun.  I had no idea what to expect.  

GotG and Deadpool are the greatest super hero movies of all time. 

FTR: I’m not into the comic book movies but I do like those two series. 

Also check out the Marvel series Daredevil. It was on Netflix. 

On 8/31/2020 at 8:04 PM, Shelton said:

Doctor strange was definitely the biggest surprise to me. I watched out of completeness and it ended up being one of my favorites. After that I basically just said “take my money” to them indefinitely. 

We had Doctor Strange tonight.  Wife was iffy but I liked it. Seemed to be a nice change of pace. Something different.  The mid credit scene was perfect as I viewed this as a Thor tie in for sure.  This was the first time we watched the trailer ahead of the movie.  That helped. I really had no idea what to expect.  Was he a good guy, a villain, etc.  

Was a little confused on civil war as to why it was labeled a captain America a movie. Was that because how it was in the comics?  Or because he led the split?  Not a big deal just curious.   
 For anyone still on the fence know that my wife is eager to watch these every night. She’s one to call asleep at 9:30 and we don’t start until 8:30 ish. I was worried we wouldn’t get through these by the end of October but that won’t be a problem.   I am so bummed I missed out on these in the theater around other people.  

I know it was a bomb back in 1980 and John Belushi, Timothy Bottoms and Peter Riegert aren't even in it, but has anyone seen ANIMAL HOUSE 2: WORMER'S REVENGE ?   Is it any good?