Sydney_Fife

Game 57: Hawks @ Pistons

There’s really nothing to say about this game. Just leave it as is. Pistons need the break. Atlanta is literally a summer league team. It’s a total abomination of a pro basketball game. 

This is the worst display of shooting I've ever seen IN MY FREAKING LIFE!!!

Putrid. Putrid. Putrid.

And Elfrid Payton is just going OFF with Phoenix... yeah, small sample size. 2 games, 24 pts/ gm on 61% shooting (50% 3's), 7 rebounds, 7 assists (3.5 TO's which sucks...). Seriously, I'm bummed...

Pistons dominating in the third. Atlanta’s summer league team hasn’t hit 40 points yet with 7 minutes left in the third

And in front of their families and closest friends, the Pistons beat the summer league Hawks. Everybody got to play on both sides. I think they shared juice boxes and cookies after the game. 

An evening of good fun and sportsmanship. 

I’m not even going to comment on what we just witnessed. I have no words. 

The all star break is here. The Pistons are 28-29 heading into a much needed 8 day break. 

That’s the second time the Hawks have made an incredible comeback in the second half at LCA to make a blowout a game. 

Presented without commentary.  

Pistons up 10. 

Stanley fouls a three point shooter. 

Pistons up 8 

Ish fouls a three point shooter. 

Pistons up 7 

Ish fouls the guy on the layup.

2 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

And in front of their families and closest friends, the Pistons beat the summer league Hawks. Everybody got to play on both sides. I think they shared juice boxes and cookies after the game. 

An evening of good fun and sportsmanship. 

Ellenson didn't play.  Neither did Galloway.

You're up 30 and you can't find two minutes for Ellenson?

And SVG rips the bench for not trying on defense.  That'll motivate em!

• Haha 1

Not to rub salt in the wound, but Mitchell has been killing it.

Utah has won 11 in a row and he is averaging 21 ppg in that stretch.

10 hours ago, 84 Lives!!! said:

This is the worst display of shooting I've ever seen IN MY FREAKING LIFE!!!

Putrid. Putrid. Putrid.

It looked like a bad Y game for a while.  Heck, it looked like a 5th / 6th grade basketball game if those girls had to strength to shoot from 3.

6 hours ago, Buddha said:

And SVG rips the bench for not trying on defense.  That'll motivate em!

He reminds me of Taylor Swift. Song after song after song complaining of failed relationships and boy problems, but maybe she's the problem.

Same with SVG. Game after game of ripping the players, but maybe you're the problem. 

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

He reminds me of Taylor Swift. Song after song after song complaining of failed relationships and boy problems, but maybe she's the problem.

Same with SVG. Game after game of ripping the players, but maybe you're the problem. 

I'm not sure there's one problem with this team, but a good number of the issues do seem to be the result of his decisions.

35 minutes ago, Casimir said:

I'm not sure there's one problem with this team, but a good number of the issues do seem to be the result of his decisions.

I'll give him a break because Griffin is new and 2 of their bench guys are too. Plus Jackson is hurt. A lot of roster overhaul over the past 9 games and they went 6-3.

But sweet Jesus they make some real blunders night after night. The offense needs to feature Blake and Bullock, yet it seems we settle for numerous bad shots each quarter. Johnson jumpers, Ish long twos, Drummond hooks. Put more of an emphasis on getting Griffin the ball and letting him create. Stagger Andre and Blake as much as possible. They could even use Stanley or Ennis as a 4 man with their length and defense.

On defense, it's a tired act. They didn't blitz the guard in the pick and roll last night and what a shock they played defense for three quarters. I don't really fault them for going into the all star break early with a 30 point lead on a summer league team, but you should be able to hold off a furious rally that eventually saw the lead down to 4. 

It's funny because they've shot the three much better and defended the three much better this year. But Ish has disappointed on defense after a pretty solid year last year defensively. 

28-29 and a game out in the loss column. That 3/4 game in Miami will be crucial. Pistons are on the end of a back to back

Unless something major changes, this team isn't making the playoffs. They can barely beat Atlanta's bench, don't have anything resembling an offense, and don't care to play defense. Oh, and they're terribly coached, which is the root of the issues mentioned above.

17 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

Unless something major changes, this team isn't making the playoffs. They can barely beat Atlanta's bench, don't have anything resembling an offense, and don't care to play defense. Oh, and they're terribly coached, which is the root of the issues mentioned above.

Even during the winning streak, there was a lot of red flags.  I look at them compared to the other teams battling for playoff spots and they are so unorganized. Most of their offense is jacking up threes and hoping for the best and on defense, they refuse to fight over screens and constantly get caught in mismatches with guards guarding big men. 

It's a mess and with lots of road games coming up, I can't see them making the playoffs unless one of the other teams collapse.  Personally, I think their fate will be sealed after the western road trip.  The positive is that missing the playoffs with Blake Griffin would have to be enough grounds for SVG to be fired, no?

On another note, it's appearing like the east will be easy pickins for the Cavs again. Sigh

On 2/14/2018 at 3:42 AM, Deleterious said:

The best team salary site on the web.

http://www.shamsports.com/capulator

very cool....can you combine our MLE and the exception? If so, I figure we should just sign lebron James to a $12M deal and call it a day