Sydney_Fife

Game 57: Hawks @ Pistons

7:10 tip. 

Atlanta went to the wire in Milwaukee but lost. 

A must win game for the Pistons. 

34 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

7:10 tip. 

Atlanta went to the wire in Milwaukee but lost. 

A must win game for the Pistons. 

Buycks has to play this game, right?

1 minute ago, mickeyb105 said:

Buycks has to play this game, right?

I would start Nelson. 

But we have an idiot coaching our team. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

I would start Nelson. 

But we have an idiot coaching our team. 

Me too.  I just want to see my Marquette guy get some run in to mix things up.

4 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

Me too.  I just want to see my Marquette guy get some run in to mix things up.

No way in **** he could’ve done worse than Ish the last few games. 

Miami lost tonight. They’re in Philly tomorrow. Pistons could close the gap on them with a win

I haven't been able to find an answer for this, but are former Piston James Edwards and James Edwards III of The Athletic father and son?

James-Edwards.jpg?id=49d079e0-5545-44cd-8460-dbacb2340986&size=originalti4sEyrm.jpg

Also, I'm thinking about subscribing to The Athletic.  They've pumped out a few good looking stories the past couple of weeks.

Anyone read the Doug Gottlieb piece?

https://www.theathletic.com/236536/2018/02/12/gottlieb-the-mistakes-i-made-and-the-price-i-paid/

39 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

I haven't been able to find an answer for this, but are former Piston James Edwards and James Edwards III of The Athletic father and son?

James-Edwards.jpg?id=49d079e0-5545-44cd-8460-dbacb2340986&size=originalti4sEyrm.jpg

Also, I'm thinking about subscribing to The Athletic.  They've pumped out a few good looking stories the past couple of weeks.

Anyone read the Doug Gottlieb piece?

https://www.theathletic.com/236536/2018/02/12/gottlieb-the-mistakes-i-made-and-the-price-i-paid/

I did a quick google, and I don’t think they are related. James Edwards JR signed on to play for Oakland U in 2016, and I doubt that he is old enough to have a son himself that is writing for the athletic and appears to be in his 30s...

17 minutes ago, Shelton said:

I did a quick google, and I don’t think they are related. James Edwards JR signed on to play for Oakland U in 2016, and I doubt that he is old enough to have a son himself that is writing for the athletic and appears to be in his 30s...

JE III attended State from 2010-14, so let's say he's 27ish.

That there is already a JE Jr younger than JE III tells me that he is not the son of the former Piston pivot.

Thanks for the info on JE Jr.

7 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

JE III attended State from 2010-14, so let's say he's 27ish.

That there is already a JE Jr younger than JE III tells me that he is not the son of the former Piston pivot.

Thanks for the info on JE Jr.

As for the athletic, I subscribe and I think it’s worth it. The Detroit coverage is pretty good and gives decent insight into things I don’t see elsewhere. 

The national baseball coverage seems pretty good, too. 

1 minute ago, Shelton said:

As for the athletic, I subscribe and I think it’s worth it. The Detroit coverage is pretty good and gives decent insight into things I don’t see elsewhere. 

The national baseball coverage seems pretty good, too. 

Talked me into it, thanks Shelton.

Indiana has 32 wins. That makes them the first team to surpass their Vegas o/u projections.

15 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Indiana has 32 wins. That makes them the first team to surpass their Vegas o/u projections.

Vegas, like the rest of us, didn't see VO turning into a dark horse MVP candidate.

To think we were comparing him to KCP just two years ago.

43 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

I haven't been following NCAA this year, and at first I thought you were referring to the Hoosiers, and wondered briefly how they possibly could already have 32 wins.

Dennis Schroder (back), Ersan Ilyasova (shoulder), Kent Bazemore (rest), Tyler Cavanaugh (right ankle) have all been ruled out of Wednesday's game vs. the Pistons.

Loss.

13 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Hawks will have a literal G League team on the floor tonight.

So the Pistons' defense might be on even par?

Deandre Bembry should see more action tonight coming back from a groin injury, as last night was his first run since in about 25 games.  He started the season with a fractured wrist, so he's been a little snake-bitten.

If they can get him healthy he'll be the EC's version of Dejounte Murray, but he's got to stay healthy to prove it.  No word on if Murray drives as fast as Bembry, though.

https://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/hawks-forward-bembry-arrested-after-clocked-at-128-mph-020918

Edit:  There will be three St. Joe's players sharing the floor tonight in Bembry, Nelson and Galloway.  I wonder if that has ever happened before?

Bazemore is resting?  Their next game is the 23rd.  They are just worried they might beat Detroit and screw up their draft pick.

• Like 1

This team desperately needs the all star break and Reggie Jackson. 

Holy **** this offense is hard to watch. 

Take this game over, Blake. He and Andre together plus Ish and Stanley is a nightmare. 

Who could’ve known? Our idiot coach sure didn’t. 

9-0 Pistons run. 

Amazing what some floor spacing can do. Couldn’t possibly start the game this way though!!