HeyAbbott

Pre ST won/loss predictions

71 wins.  fulmer traded at deadline for a bunch of raw single a athletes.

and a right handed pitcher who throws hard but is still working on his control.  and his changeup.

75-87.  Narrowly behind the Twins but in well in front of the 100-loss White Sox, for 4th in the Central.

5 hours ago, Shelton said:

Plus, we have Gardenhire now, and he’s probably worth about 5 extra wins or so. 

Or 5 extra losses. I don't know, but do you think Gardenhire would have helped win more games than Ausmus won?

Brad was mostly bad with the entire pitching staff. Surprising because he was a catcher. Gardy at least has experience handling a staff. But like Jim Leyland said, "give me quality over experience."

Wow. After reading everyone else's thoughts, maybe I need to go for a long walk tomorrow. Gardenhire is proably still better than Asmus.

OTOH,  Gardy does not have much to work with. I still think that VMart, Miggy, Boyd, Norris, and Zimmerman will not contrbute much. My sleeper for 2018 would be Dixon Micahdo(sp).

I think they are going to be bad. Very bad. But not 2003 bad.

72-90

31 minutes ago, Antrat said:

I think they are going to be bad. Very bad. But not 2003 bad.

72-90

Good to see you back dude.  Where you been?

On 2/13/2018 at 5:06 PM, Buddha said:

71 wins.  fulmer traded at deadline for a bunch of raw single a athletes.

and a right handed pitcher who throws hard but is still working on his control.  and his changeup.

Fulmer traded in early June to the struggling Yankees - desperate for a starting pitcher.  They send 2 of their Top 4 prospects and a low A prospect with tons of potential.    

• Like 2

After careful thought and roster study and playing out multiple scenarios in my mind, I think I feel comfortable in setting the expected record for 2018 at:

not enough - too many

Anything over 70 wins will be a bonus.  This team is going to have trouble scoring runs.........and trouble keeping the other team from scoring runs.  :(