Sign in to follow this  
Sydney_Fife

Game 54: Clippers @ Pistons

Pistons 27-27. They are a game behind Philly for 8th. Could remain within a game of 7th pending Miami’s score. 

This one definitely leaves a bad taste.  I wish Blake and Drummond would show a few more flashes to give us some hope that they can play their best together.  

Drummond got dominated tonight. Harrell was crushing him. 

Clippers out rebounded the Pistons 57-40

Pistons offense needs more shots for Bullock. No more Drummond hooks. I’d stagger the minutes between Blake and Andre even more. 

Pistons need to win the next 3 games. Hawks are the worst team in the league. Pelicans are awful right now without Cousins. 

30-27 at the break would have them right in playoff position with 25 games remaining. 

It looks like Drummond feels he is obligated to take over the offense with Blake on the bench. 

Hence, I watched his 0-6 hook shots (was at a sports bar...), at least before I took off for home at halftime. Had a bad feeling about the game after the 1st half. 

No more hook shots for Dre. PnR, or attack the basket or lobs at the basket (some crappy looking lobs this game too...).

Stanimal looked phenomenal attacking the basket every time I saw him drive... please more of that and less Dre.

I think the bench will look better as soon as Nelson and Ennis are ready. No more Galloway or minimal Galloway. Better PG play. Another shooter coming off the bench.

Drummond needs to work the entire off season with P3 (agility, foot speed) and with Blake on improving his game. Not certain where that gets him... but get his skill level as high as he can get it. I don't know how dedicated he's been in the off season about making improvements (aside from his FT's, kudos for that...); but I'd love for him to take it deadly seriously and really work on his game.

Stanley too... shoot 10,000 3's and get better at it. He could turn into a really dangerous two way player if he could fix his shot. Really love his drives to the hoop though, I'll say...

Yeah I think giving Nelson the backup PG minutes and Ennis the backup SF minutes makes sense. Nelson is natural PG where Galloway is worthless when the shot doesn’t fall. 

Pistons MUST win their next 3. No excuses. 

ESPN had a graphic last night, I know +/- isn't a great stat, but it seemed to reflect this game well

Only Blake on the court: +4

Blake and Andre: -7

Only Andre: -10

There was another graphic before the game started, but it seems to dispute your numbers... and I don't remember the exact numbers on mine, but it went something like this (points, not +/-):

Blake & Dre together: Outscore opponents by 44 points.

Blake: + 6 points

Dre: - 7 points.

That was before the game. And the plus 44 points with Dre & Blake seems to not jive with the -7 +/- per your graphic so... not certain where all of these are coming from or which ones are correct...

13 minutes ago, 84 Lives!!! said:

There was another graphic before the game started, but it seems to dispute your numbers... and I don't remember the exact numbers on mine, but it went something like this (points, not +/-):

Blake & Dre together: Outscore opponents by 44 points.

Blake: + 6 points

Dre: - 7 points.

That was before the game. And the plus 44 points with Dre & Blake seems to not jive with the -7 +/- per your graphic so... not certain where all of these are coming from or which ones are correct...

Mine was just this game

Horrible loss and made even more horrible with Philly, Indiana (in Boston!) and Miami winning.  Can't lose games like this and expect to make the playoffs.  We probably should have seen it coming with them barely scraping by some poor teams.

18 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Pistons need to win the next 3 games. Hawks are the worst team in the league. Pelicans are awful right now without Cousins. 

30-27 at the break would have them right in playoff position with 25 games remaining. 

The schedule is quite favorable when you consider all of the recent movement that has happened to the Pistons.  They need to take advantage of it and coach Van Gundy needs to stop talking about how its on him to get the offense figured out and actually do something about it.