Jump to content

Sydney_Fife

Game 53: Nets @ Pistons

Recommended Posts


Nets shot 17/51 from beyond the arc for exactly 1 ppa, 22/39 on twos for 1.12 ppa. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, NYLion said:

Stanley is a completely different player since the trade, good to see.  Bullock and Ish continue to bring it. These are the three key guys that we need contributions from. We know what we're getting from Griffin and Drummond. 

I'll be interested to see if they can take this act to the road, this portion of the schedule has been extremely forgiving.

We are winning the games we are supposed to win but we are not winning easy so I still have my doubts.  We are definitely better than before; I just don't know how much better yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Griffin exactly what the Pistons needed. A go to scorer in the fourth. Scoring, passing. 

That pass to a cutting Ish late in the fourth really sealed it.  It's crucial our wings are making those kind of cuts and knocking down open jumpers because we are not really seeing Andre and Griffin play off each other.  They more just do their own thing...and both do it very well.  It's the other guys besides Andre who hopefully are really benefitting from Griffin.  

Andre did have two more blocks and three more steals tonight with only 1 foul and 1 turnover.  I thought it was another positive night for him on defense as he continues to do a better job of knowing when to stay on his feet or to go for the block.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Hart said:

That pass to a cutting Ish late in the fourth really sealed it.  It's crucial our wings are making those kind of cuts and knocking down open jumpers because we are not really seeing Andre and Griffin play off each other.  They more just do their own thing...and both do it very well.  It's the other guys besides Andre who hopefully are really benefitting from Griffin.  

Andre did have two more blocks and three more steals tonight with only 1 foul and 1 turnover.  I thought it was another positive night for him on defense as he continues to do a better job of knowing when to stay on his feet or to go for the block.  

Andre is still not very good under the basket (and when he couldn't make FT you didn't want him there anyway) - of course he's never played with a passer that could get him the ball there with any consistency. Griffin can. If Andre can improve that part of game some, the synergy has a lot more potential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys can think I'm an a******, but this is the best game thread I've read in a very long time. thanks guys

 

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hart said:

We are winning the games we are supposed to win but we are not winning easy so I still have my doubts.  We are definitely better than before; I just don't know how much better yet.

Same here.  They haven't really been tested yet but at the very least, they have put themselves back in the playoff race and have given us something to potentially look forward to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Stanley. Play defense. Pass. Take it to the rim. 

Pistons will have a very solid young starter on a cheap deal if he focuses on his strengths. 

Whether its as a starter or off of the bench, if he can focus on his strengths and the Pistons can help minimize his weaknesses (maybe a shock collar for 3 point attempts), he can be valuable.  Maybe the kid is finally turning the corner?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

This is a .500 - .550 team.

How easily are they really supposed to win most games?

Have they lost since Griffin was acquired?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Win all the games.

That written, I want to point out that they aren't the kind of team that is going to easily win by 10+ points most nights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Win all the games.

That written, I want to point out that they aren't the kind of team that is going to easily win by 10+ points most nights.

Nor is it fair to expect Andre Drummond to be Hakeem Olajuwon. 
 
Dude just put up a game with 17 points, 27 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 blocks, 3 steals and people are saying he needs to do much more. 
 
Andre is an All-Star player. But he is not a superstar. Can't expect that of him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

This is a .500 - .550 team.

How easily are they really supposed to win most games?

only three teams in the NBA average 5 pts or more than their opponents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

in this run theyve played a bunch of average to below average teams that played the night before.

the scheduling really helped the pistons because it allows them to get through their growing pains with blake against tired opposition and allows them to win games they might normally win because the other team is tired.

the important thing is that they won the games.  if theyre going toget back into the playoffs theyre going to need tonwin these types of games because the schedule wont always be so favorable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Buddha said:

in this run theyve played a bunch of average to below average teams that played the night before.

the scheduling really helped the pistons because it allows them to get through their growing pains with blake against tired opposition and allows them to win games they might normally win because the other team is tired.

the important thing is that they won the games.  if theyre going toget back into the playoffs theyre going to need tonwin these types of games because the schedule wont always be so favorable.

Opportunistic.  Nothing wrong with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Casimir said:

Opportunistic.  Nothing wrong with that.

of course not.  like i said, the important thing is they won the games.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife bought us courtside seats for this game and it was simply amazing to be right there on the hardwood. I'm sure you could see the back of my mostly bald head if you were watching on tv. We were first row, across from the Piston bench, at the free throw line. If you've never been courtside at a game, it's a phenomenal experience. You really appreciate the athleticism of these players, especially for their size. Got a smile from Stanley and Reggie a couple of times while talking to them between plays, a 'thank you' from AT when I praised his hustle, thought Blake was going to come crashing into us at one point, and got to watch SVG call the same two plays over and over again.

Of course, we were wearing our favorite jerseys - Ben Wallace for me and Chauncey for my wife  :D

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

My wife bought us courtside seats for this game and it was simply amazing to be right there on the hardwood. I'm sure you could see the back of my mostly bald head if you were watching on tv. We were first row, across from the Piston bench, at the free throw line. If you've never been courtside at a game, it's a phenomenal experience. You really appreciate the athleticism of these players, especially for their size. Got a smile from Stanley and Reggie a couple of times while talking to them between plays, a 'thank you' from AT when I praised his hustle, thought Blake was going to come crashing into us at one point, and got to watch SVG call the same two plays over and over again.

Of course, we were wearing our favorite jerseys - Ben Wallace for me and Chauncey for my wife  :D

That is awesome man. I can't bring myself to splurge on courtside seats, but I am envious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sat court side once back on Easter Day of 2002.   It was against the Nuggets and it ended up being a playoff clinching game.  I remember me and my then girlfriend went to pick up our tickets at the Box Office and the lady said something like "We're running a special for Easter today, for an extra $10 a person we can give you tickets in the front row", at first I thought she meant first row of the section and she corrected me and said "No I mean right on the floor."  Talk about a no brainer, I remember Denver had this big Chinese guy who's name I can't remember and to this day I have never seen a larger human being up close than him.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I sat court side once back on Easter Day of 2002.   It was against the Nuggets and it ended up being a playoff clinching game.  I remember me and my then girlfriend went to pick up our tickets at the Box Office and the lady said something like "We're running a special for Easter today, for an extra $10 a person we can give you tickets in the front row", at first I thought she meant first row of the section and she corrected me and said "No I mean right on the floor."  Talk about a no brainer, I remember Denver had this big Chinese guy who's name I can't remember and to this day I have never seen a larger human being up close than him.  

Mengke Bateer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

My wife bought us courtside seats for this game and it was simply amazing to be right there on the hardwood. I'm sure you could see the back of my mostly bald head if you were watching on tv. We were first row, across from the Piston bench, at the free throw line. If you've never been courtside at a game, it's a phenomenal experience. You really appreciate the athleticism of these players, especially for their size. Got a smile from Stanley and Reggie a couple of times while talking to them between plays, a 'thank you' from AT when I praised his hustle, thought Blake was going to come crashing into us at one point, and got to watch SVG call the same two plays over and over again.

Of course, we were wearing our favorite jerseys - Ben Wallace for me and Chauncey for my wife  :D

I thought I noticed some sort of lighting glare around that area. xD

Did you tell Johnson to stop messing with the 3?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Casimir said:

I thought I noticed some sort of lighting glare around that area. xD

Did you tell Johnson to stop messing with the 3?

No, but I did tell him to keep taking it to the hole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×