Sydney_Fife

Game 53: Nets @ Pistons

7:10 tip. Another Dinwiddie showdown. 

Nets have been a pain for the Pistons in recent years. 

Brooklyn is 1-7 in their last 8. Fourth straight game the Pistons are playing a team on the end of a back to back.

36 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Brooklyn is 1-7 in their last 8. Fourth straight game the Pistons are playing a team on the end of a back to back.

Things are lining up great for Detroit since the trade.

36 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

Things are lining up great for Detroit since the trade.

Not that what I or other fans think has an impact on the games.  But I don't want to get lulled into thinking that they have any uncontested layups on the schedule.

9 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Not that what I or other fans think has an impact on the games.  But I don't want to get lulled into thinking that they have any uncontested layups on the schedule.

They've beaten Golden State, Houston, Boston, San Antonio, OKC, Minnesota twice.

They've lost to Dallas, the Lakers, Orlando, Brooklyn, and Chicago.

I agree.

55 minutes ago, Casimir said:

I agree, Cas.

That said, Griffin give the team offensive production like few other forwards in the EC and I think SVG is going to ride that wave as long as he can.

1 hour ago, Sydney_Fife said:

They've beaten Golden State, Houston, Boston, San Antonio, OKC, Minnesota twice.

They've lost to Dallas, the Lakers, Orlando, Brooklyn, and Chicago.

I agree.

But as for previous results, how much do any of those mean now?  It was all BG.

29 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

I agree, Cas.

That said, Griffin give the team offensive production like few other forwards in the EC and I think SVG is going to ride that wave as long as he can.

Seeing the play against Portland and knowing that they are still trying to figure things out was a nice feeling.  There is certainly reason to hope right now.

Nets have been a pain for the Pistons in recent years. They’re short handed and on a back to bsck tonight, but fully expecting a battle. They’ve given us a lot of issues the past few years. 

Said it from the second I heard the news this was a huge benefit of the trade. Eliminates stretches of the Pistons playing 4 on 5 offensively. 

tfw Blake passes up a handoff to Reggie Bullock and instead sets up Stanley Johnson for a fadeaway long 2

Not a lot of energy from the Pistons in this one.

The funny thing is Blake Griffin is the exact player that if he was playing against us, SVG would double every time and give up wide open three after wide open three. 

Why are we not using that to our advantage since he’s on our team?