Motor City Sonics

First Game at LCA - Parking Recommendations

Hi, I won tickets for the Wings game tonight on 97. 1 and they are actually very good tickets.   Never been to LCA -  Looking for any tips for parking for less than $30.    

Thanks.

15 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Hi, I won tickets for the Wings game tonight on 97. 1 and they are actually very good tickets.   Never been to LCA -  Looking for any tips for parking for less than $30.    

Thanks.

I do not pay to park downtown.  Never have.  If you get there early enough there will be plenty of spots on Woodward or just off Woodward on one of the side streets where you can park for free.

That is my suggestion, get there early (because you will want to look around a little) and try to par on one of the side streets BEHIND the LCA if you can find a spot.  Think Temple Bar or Temple and Cass area.  That is your best bet.  There is also an entrance right off Park and Sproat st right there.  Beware though there is still a ton of construction going on right off Sproat st so I would try to avoid driving on the street as much as possible (it actually cuts to one lane, but they keep 2 way traffic going through)

Honestly save yourself some money and headache come in through the back way and park over in that area and it is a short walk to the entrance...it is named after a bank I think it is called the Huntington entrance.  No one ever goes in that way.  Everyone is still piling in at the entrance off Woodward.

Been there 4 times so far and this is my recommendation.

Did the McShane's thing - parked on Trumbull for free.  Shuttle was free.    Had great seats.   It was a good game but man the Wings need a sniper badly.