Jump to content

Deleterious

Pistons trade for Blake Griffin

Recommended Posts


19 hours ago, Scottwood said:

Eh, Chauncey and Ben Wallace were stars. Advanced stats just weren't en vogue yet in 2004.

Eh, yes, of course they were stars. I'm talking about the kind of superstar that routinely leads teams to rings. Neither of them were that, that Pistons team didn't have one, and that's unusual among championship teams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2018 at 7:30 PM, cruzer1 said:

Terrible trade. Terrible team.

Every move is terrible to people like you.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised anymore to see negative reaction to a trade, but no matter what move is made, people ***** and moan.   Everyone wants to play armchair GM, complain about cap space, draft picks, and how they should be tanking.  Is that solution to everything?  To tank? They haven't won a playoff game in a decade, but people would rather them lose. All this before the guy has even played a game in Detroit.  All the experts on motown already know he will not fit in the offense, he will be disgruntled, bla bla bla.  Stfu. 

Is it a risky move?  **** yes.  But why not try it?  They will never get a guy with his talent in FA, and we have all seen how they draft.   They cannot play any worse.  The team hasn't been good in a decade.  Let's see how it plays out before bitching automatically.  It might work.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Deleterious said:

O/U on questions asked to Johnson and Reed during this press conference?

 

Who?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DaBishop said:

The Dunc'd on guys hate it...but they hate everything the Pistons do...sadly they're often right.

i like those guys but they really do hate everything almost anyone does.

"my analysis has him at a $6.75 million player and they paid him $7.25 a year which is a serious overpay.  i cant believe they did that to their cap."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 84 Lives!!! said:

Remotely?

If he did it once he can do it again.

You've got some gamble in you--I like that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RJBBREZ said:

Every move is terrible to people like you.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised anymore to see negative reaction to a trade, but no matter what move is made, people ***** and moan.   Everyone wants to play armchair GM, complain about cap space, draft picks, and how they should be tanking.  Is that solution to everything?  To tank? They haven't won a playoff game in a decade, but people would rather them lose. All this before the guy has even played a game in Detroit.  All the experts on motown already know he will not fit in the offense, he will be disgruntled, bla bla bla.  Stfu. 

Is it a risky move?  **** yes.  But why not try it?  They will never get a guy with his talent in FA, and we have all seen how they draft.   They cannot play any worse.  The team hasn't been good in a decade.  Let's see how it plays out before bitching automatically.  It might work.  

thats really funny that someone would say this about cruzer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Buddha said:

thats really funny that someone would say this about cruzer.

Griffin is a bit old and doesn’t have enough speed. He also isn’t on a rookie contract and isn’t a prospect. The pistons gave up a draft pick, which will be a young and athletic player on a rookie deal and full of potential that is sure to be realized. 

Of course cruzer hated the deal. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2018 at 6:07 PM, chasfh said:

Eh, yes, of course they were stars. I'm talking about the kind of superstar that routinely leads teams to rings. Neither of them were that, that Pistons team didn't have one, and that's unusual among championship teams. 

Ok that is true. If I'm not mistaken, I think the Pistons are the only team in the modern NBA era to win a title without a past, present or future NBA MVP on their roster.

But, both Wallace and Billiups should end up in the Hall of Fame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Pistons drafted Booker and Mitchell, they wouldn't have to make this deal. The Pistons are what they are. Won't get any better in next 5 years.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they had made the correct draft picks, and then made this trade, it would have been a great trade.  That would have been such a great 2-5, they wouldn't have needed a true point guard.  Just someone who could guard a little.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, cruzer1 said:

If they had made the correct draft picks, and then made this trade, it would have been a great trade.  That would have been such a great 2-5, they wouldn't have needed a true point guard.  Just someone who could guard a little.

If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

This Pistons have drafted poorly under SVG so the solution is to save picks for SVG to blow.

Law of averages?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m going to play armchair GM because that’s a primary reason why MotownSports exists.

I understand why the deal was made but I still am not a fan.  The Pistons are better now than they were a couple days ago, but with roster and cap situation I don’t see them being more than a second round playoff team for a few years before they have to rebuild again.  

I would have gone all Philadelphia 76ers, saved the picks for a new regime minus SVG, and built a team that could contend for titles in a few years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2018 at 10:05 PM, Buddha said:

i like those guys but they really do hate everything almost anyone does.

"my analysis has him at a $6.75 million player and they paid him $7.25 a year which is a serious overpay.  i cant believe they did that to their cap."

Extremely accurate. They go WAY too far in acting like the business of running a team is an analytical formula that should never be deviated from, and act as if market value is some exact formula they create. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Motown Sports Blog



×
×
  • Create New...