Deleterious

Pistons trade for Blake Griffin

I'm guessing Boban is in the deal too if we're getting WILLIE REED back as well. Unless that's just a salary matcher who gets dumped immediately

Gives me a reason to watch again.  I thought for sure this deal would fall thru because it leaked they were in talks.  

I'm sure Stan would have taken some useless guy with the picks anyway, so why not I guess.

It will be fun seeing Blake sitting on the bench in a suit while we lose games

• Like 1

I have a feeling Clippers fans are celebrating this trade.  

What in the living ****?  I'm still processing this but I'm leaning towards what the **** are you doing SVG?  Doesn't he realize that this isn't a big mans' league anymore?

I'm guessing that Andre gets shipped out now.  Can't have two max contract to two big guys and expect to win anything. I don't know what to think, Blake is a beast when healthy but he's never healthy which is another issue.   I told you guys that he wasn't going to sell, I just knew it.

I see that they dumped Boban's contract so that's something.

Drummond and Griffin immediately forms the best front court in the East and the second best front court in the NBA. 

Selling high on Harris and shipping off Bradley was a very smart move. 

Boban hardly played. Giving up the pick sucks, but Griffin is exactly what this team needed. 

Go to scorer? Check. Gets to the line? Check. Superstar? Check. 

• Like 1

I am trying to figure out how this makes us any different than the .500 Clippers with Jordan and Griffin.  Seems like we are just trying the same thing in the East.  

4 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Drummond and Griffin immediately forms the best front court in the East and the second best front court in the NBA. 

Selling high on Harris and shipping off Bradley was a very smart move. 

Boban hardly played. Giving up the pick sucks, but Griffin is exactly what this team needed. 

Go to scorer? Check. Gets to the line? Check. Superstar? Check. 

A couple of issues.  Griffin is never healthy, he seems like a bit of a headcase, I bet that he's mighty pissed to be playing in Detroit instead of L.A. and worst of all, he's involved with a Jenner/Kardashian.  The more I think about it the more I don't like it but SVG had to do something to try to save his backside.

I honestly don't know how I feel about this.

I think strictly speaking on talent that Detroit did good here. But his age, salary, and durability really make me question this trade.

I have been wanting to see the new arena and couldn't decide which mediocre team I wanted to see, Pistons or Red Wings. With this trade, it looks like Pistons. They'll probably still be bad but at least more interesting. 

I don't know what to think.  Griffin is always dinged up.  Defense is a rumor to Harris.  They needed to get something for Bradley.  Marjanovic.... well,... good times.

This ain't it, right?  There has to be something else, right?

PG: Ish, Buycks

SG: Kennard, Galloway

SF: Bullock, Johnson

PF: Griffin, Tolliver 

C: Drummond, Moreland 

Think this creates Griffin playing backup C minutes and more Tolliver time at PF