MotownWebGuy

2018 Home Uniforms

11 hours ago, Shelton said:

yeah that’s not noticeable at all

Up close? Of course. On the field, 50 yards away? You’re not gonna care.

my point was if there were no twitter or internet outrage culture you’d go to a game, sit in your seats, and probably go until the 6th inning before you noticed you could see the lettering on the hat more clearly.

this is outrage for outrage’s sake. 

16 minutes ago, thefunk said:

my point was if there were no twitter or internet outrage culture you’d go to a game, sit in your seats, and probably go until the 6th inning before you noticed you could see the lettering on the hat more clearly.

It’s outrage because people are outraged by it. 

People also watch games on tv. 

Instead of changing it they should have introduced it as an alternative.   Wear them once in awhile. They it evolve naturally. 

ff_2756703alt1_full.jpg&w=600

They could'of gone with these for the youth movement that they are going to transition into.

1 hour ago, Casimir said:

Huh?

Tony Paul is a hack. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shelton said:

It’s outrage because people are outraged by it. 

People also watch games on tv. 

We need to get outraged about something.  That's what the internet is for.  

1 hour ago, tiger337 said:

We need to get outraged about something.  That's what the internet is for.  

image.png.1b14978891e04b054e72bc8fd82192ee.png

I’m willing to admit the hats look very suspicious. I put it as having a 20% chance of being distracting. But every other logo is this big so I won’t be surprised if the “old logo” starts to look way too small very soon.

Just now seeing this. Just awful. 

Anchorman-672x372.jpg

11 hours ago, thefunk said:

So nobody can ever be upset about anything anymore. Good to know. 

The home uni has been the exact same since I started watching. This is not a good time for the org to go screwing with things like that. 

11 hours ago, Casimir said:

ff_2756703alt1_full.jpg&w=600

They could'of gone with these for the youth movement that they are going to transition into.

I’m surprised this hasn’t been used for spring training yet. They’re getting there though.

Honestly I don't care what they do with the hats, as long as they keep that adjustable plastic bar in the back.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2018 at 3:01 PM, Tenacious D said:

Here are the old and new hats, side by side.  I think it’s fine.  <ducks>

DFF05A21-333C-4C9A-8553-20C6C44AF98C.jpeg

Yup, it looks like a bootleg Tiger cap. 

I'm also bummed out because someone mentioned earlier in the thread that New Era put their logos on the outside of the hats last year.  I had to buy a new hat last year.  I don't know what happened to my old one, I think that someone stole it out of my car a couple of years ago.  Finding a Tigers' hat in Hamilton, Ontario is no mean feat but I found a 59Fifty, 7 1/4.  So when I read that earlier comment I had to go find my hat, not exactly winter wear, to see if it had the New Era logo - yep, it does. It's beautifully stitched in there, but it's relatively small and, I think, vulnerable to black magic marker.

19 hours ago, Shelton said:

Tony Paul is a hack. 

I guess I should'of known that.  I feel shame.

7 hours ago, Charles Liston said:

I'm also bummed out because someone mentioned earlier in the thread that New Era put their logos on the outside of the hats last year.  I had to buy a new hat last year.  I don't know what happened to my old one, I think that someone stole it out of my car a couple of years ago.  Finding a Tigers' hat in Hamilton, Ontario is no mean feat but I found a 59Fifty, 7 1/4.  So when I read that earlier comment I had to go find my hat, not exactly winter wear, to see if it had the New Era logo - yep, it does. It's beautifully stitched in there, but it's relatively small and, I think, vulnerable to black magic marker.

Weird.  I had you pegged as a 7 1/2.

Revenue is going to be down significantly this year due to a poor product on the field, so modify the logo and uniform - which will spur sales from fans who want apparel to match - will help to offset that. I’m not sure if it will work, but I believe that’s the primary driver behind this change. 

Isn't there some lengthy lead time involved in uniform changes?  Not necessarily from a supply chain perspective.  But doesn't MLB have a rule where these changes are finalized previous to the offseason in which the change takes place?

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 6:54 PM, Tenacious D said:

The new D is comparable in size to the W and A on the Nationals and Braves hats.  

Perhaps our previous D hat was too small?

I think it looks fine in the photo, but matching the Braves or Nationals hat isn't something the Tigers needed to aspire to.  Neither of those hats are as iconic as the Tigers'.

1 hour ago, Euphdude said:

Revenue is going to be down significantly this year due to a poor product on the field, so modify the logo and uniform - which will spur sales from fans who want apparel to match - will help to offset that. I’m not sure if it will work, but I believe that’s the primary driver behind this change. 

The uniform modification is a nice little distraction as well. Rather than discussing the Tigers chances this season, the water cooler chat will be about the new D for a while. Throw the new spring training hat in as well and you’ve got something going. 

I feel like the tigers were prepared for the backlash because they seemed to be on the defensive from the jump. 

Whatever.