Sydney_Fife

Game 45: Nets @ Pistons

Year 4 and it is totally SVG's roster and well..they suck.  I think he needs to be fired. The team has enough talent to be competitive and they look and play like garbage most nights.  I question his coaching.  They repeatedly come out flat and fall behind by 15-20 points. Why? Coaching.   His draft picks have all been questionable.  Why Henry Ellenson?  Kennard?  Come on.   He's built the team around an injury prone point guard who can never play.  I cannot see many areas where I'd give SVG credit.  They are in the same boat as they were 4 years ago.  Outside of the playoffs telling us fans to be patient.  Screw him.  Time for a change.    

12 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Maybe he deserves, maybe he doesn't.  But this probably won't help his cause.

8 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Next thing you know he'll be congratulating himself for that day in 2023 when he's going to get his 10,000 rebound.........

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Maybe back flips will.

Just now, Gehringer_2 said:

Next thing you know he'll be congratulating himself for that day in 2023 when he's going to get his 10,000 rebound.........

Hush up, Lebron!

For those wondering what I meant.  Lebron scored his 30,000th career point last night. He posted this before the game.

1 minute ago, Deleterious said:

For those wondering what I meant.  Lebron scored his 30,000th career point last night. He posted this before the game.

And people wonder why we can't take him as seriously as Jordan (or even Kobe, lately).

Any chance he separated his shoulder from patting himself on the back too much?  Or is he still healthy for the upcoming games against Detroit?

22 hours ago, Betrayer said:

You've covered it, there are exactly zero playmakers on this team. It's hard to get the ball in spot up positions when nobody can make a play to collapse the defense, force a double, or allow you to swing the ball to the weak side for a open shot. We just pass the ball around the perimeter and hope the defense decides to sag off of us. Which is why teams can simply overplay us and totally shut down the offense.

Bradley doesn't take the best shots, but the ball is in his hands way more than it should be for the role he needs to play to be most effective.

However, if we're talking about bad shots, we really need to bring up Dre first and foremost. I think Stan thought that putting Dre on the perimeter would help solve the inefficiency problem with his post-ups, but it didn't take long for Dre to figure out a way to take terrible, low percentage shots in the new system. Now he just does it with floaters and dribble drives to the basket. Might not be so bad if he actually played some defense once in a while to make up for it instead of throwing up his hands and slouching his way back to the other end while complaining he got fouled on a finesse move  that no ref in their right mind would give him a call on.

Good post, agree with all of it.  This is why I defend Bradley, he's a real good player when he's used properly but having the ball in his hand so much is playing to his weakness.  I think having a scoring/playmaking point guard will make guys like Bradley and Harris so much better (Drummond too for that matter) because there will be less pressure on them to create shots which isn't their strength. 

Especially in crunch time when the D tightens up, the Pistons can't get anything going because they have nobody who can create their own shot or better shots for others so it's just a bundle of confusion. This is where they miss Reggie the most. He has his weaknesses but he's the one real playmaker on this team and their best clutch shotmaker. If they can get a faster better passing version of him, this would be a much MUCH better team (Hello Kemba).

1 hour ago, mickeyb105 said:

And people wonder why we can't take him as seriously as Jordan (or even Kobe, lately).

Nobody loves Lebron more than Lebron.

15 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

The kid doesn't get it. Winning gets you attention in this league, not the numbers he tries to rack up every night by literally wrestling rebounds from the hands of his teammates, forcing up bad shots that hurt the team, and worrying about his stats on the offensive end when he should be playing harder on defense. Until the team he "leads" stops under performing year after year, he's going to struggle to get any love...even from Piston fans like me.

2 hours ago, mickeyb105 said:

why?  because of a self-loving instagram post?

if jordan or kobe had had instagram back in their primes, they'd have posted all sorts of stuff like this too.  kobe and mj were very much in love with kobe and mj.

23 minutes ago, Buddha said:

why?  because of a self-loving instagram post?

if jordan or kobe had had instagram back in their primes, they'd have posted all sorts of stuff like this too.  kobe and mj were very much in love with kobe and mj.

Yes, because I just know--suddenly--thought LBJ to self-serving, shallow and inferior to the very best players who ever played.

I just woke up this morning, saw Del's post, and took a position. 

lbj is a much better player than kobe and, imo, also better than mj.  mj is a debate.  there is no debate that lebron is better than kobe, its a fact.

9 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

the guy who wrote "i just know-suddenly-thought lbj self-serving, shallow and inferior..." is grammar checking me?  :)

1 minute ago, Deleterious said:

lebron is bigger, stronger, faster, a better defender, a better passer, and not a selfish *****.

jordan is a better scorer and played in an era without zone defense but with more physical play.

i think by the end of his career lebron will be looked at as a better player because he'll have played much longer than mj (because he didnt spend 3 years being held back by dean smith and didnt quit in the middle of his career because of his gambling debts) and will have had more playoff success with inferior talent than mj and against better talent than mj won against. 

the idea that kobe is better than lebron is preposterous.  especially coming from a guy who rips westbrook for being too selfish.  kobe was probably the most selfish player in the nba for years which is quite an accomplishment.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Buddha said:

the guy who wrote "i just know-suddenly-thought lbj self-serving, shallow and inferior..." is grammar checking me?  :)

Auto-correct is awesome.  

But so is judicious use of adverbs. 

LBJ is much better than Batum. 

Much better than Kobe, LBJ is not. 

5 minutes ago, Buddha said:

the idea that kobe is better than lebron is preposterous.  especially coming from a guy who rips westbrook for being too selfish.  kobe was probably the most selfish player in the nba for years which is quite an accomplishment.

I never said Kobe was better, but you can keep going. 

11 minutes ago, Buddha said:

lebron is bigger, stronger, faster, a better defender, a better passer, and not a selfish *****.

jordan is a better scorer and played in an era without zone defense but with more physical play.

i think by the end of his career lebron will be looked at as a better player because he'll have played much longer than mj (because he didnt spend 3 years being held back by dean smith and didnt quit in the middle of his career because of his gambling debts) and will have had more playoff success with inferior talent than mj and against better talent than mj won against. 

but just to restate the obvious, the tweeting isn't an argument about how seriously he should be taken as a basketball player, but as a human being. You can be a seriously good basketball player and still be a doof.

22 minutes ago, Buddha said:

A better defender?  More playoff success?  You're kidding, right?

Also, Lebron hasn't exactly played with chopped liver most of his career (the successful years).  Wade, Bosh, Allen, Kyrie, Love etc.  There's a reason why he's Mr. Super Team.

Also, 6-0 in NBA finals compared to 3-6 with one of those against the Mavericks.  Also, Lebron has had the great fortune of navigating a very weak eastern conference the last decade.

• Like 2