Sydney_Fife

2018 Playoff Race

The Pistons now have better odds at winning the Finals than the Cavaliers.  Its on the internet, so it must be true.

image.png.1d8b04f7514516fb0105c522c942959e.png

This is what I was hoping was going to happen when they brought Griffin in.  I am an eternal optimist when it comes to my sports teams.  Hopefully they keep this winning streak rolling.

• Like 1

They need to keep taking advantage of this portion of the schedule because it toughens up a lot post-All Star Break. Lots of @ and teams like Boston, Cleveland (who should be much better), Toronto and Milwaukee who gives the Pistons fits then a 6 game western swing which is always tough regardless of competition.  If they get through that unscathed and hovering near a playoff spot, the schedule lightens up considerably for the finishing kick.

18 minutes ago, NYLion said:

They need to keep taking advantage of this portion of the schedule because it toughens up a lot post-All Star Break. Lots of @ and teams like Boston, Cleveland (who should be much better), Toronto and Milwaukee who gives the Pistons fits then a 6 game western swing which is always tough regardless of competition.  If they get through that unscathed and hovering near a playoff spot, the schedule lightens up considerably for the finishing kick.

The Cavs may not  have Love back when the Pistons face them in four weeks, and that would be a blessing because that guy kills Detroit.

In the meantime, facing Boston, Toronto and MKE are certainly great measuring sticks as to where the Pistons really stand in the new hierarchy in the EC.  That part of the schedule looks 8-5ish to me.

.500 (3-3) for that West Coast swing looks about right, unless Utah is somehow better after the Hood trade.

6-4 for the remaining ten games is very doable, to finish up 17-12 from today.  This leaves Detroit with a 44-38 record (.537) and a  possible sixth seed.  A first-round matchup with CLE, if they can hold their third position, would be exciting.

This could improve if Reggie comes back and plays like he did two years ago, but if he doesn't, I don't think he hurts the record. I'll put a ceiling at 49-33.

This could be completely scrapped if Griffin goes down with an injury for any longer than a few games.  If he gets goes down tonight, the Pistons are lucky to win north of eight games the rest of the year to finish at 35-47.

The stretch run is going to be the most interesting--and relevant--stretch of Pistons basketball in a decade and I can't wait.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

The Cavs may not  have Love back when the Pistons face them in four weeks, and that would be a blessing because that guy kills Detroit.

In the meantime, facing Boston, Toronto and MKE are certainly great measuring sticks as to where the Pistons really stand in the new hierarchy in the EC.  That part of the schedule looks 8-5ish to me.

.500 (3-3) for that West Coast swing looks about right, unless Utah is somehow better after the Hood trade.

6-4 for the remaining ten games is very doable, to finish up 17-12 from today.  This leaves Detroit with a 44-38 record (.537) and a  possible sixth seed.  A first-round matchup with CLE, if they can hold their third position, would be exciting.

This could improve if Reggie comes back and plays like he did two years ago, but if he doesn't, I don't think he hurts the record. I'll put a ceiling at 49-33.

This could be completely scrapped if Griffin goes down with an injury for any longer than a few games.  If he gets goes down tonight, the Pistons are lucky to win north of eight games the rest of the year to finish at 35-47.

The stretch run is going to be the most interesting--and relevant--stretch of Pistons basketball in a decade and I can't wait.

The Pistons have become must watch TV.  Even if their ceiling isn't championship contender, at least they are entertaining to watch again.

On another note, I hope that Del is doing ok and it's just a matter him being busy.  It's odd for him to not be around for the trade deadline posting tweets and expressing his opinions.

3 hours ago, NYLion said:

Win all the games.

Pistons play @ Atlanta, Pelicans (b2b) and Hawks (ATL b2b) before the break. 

After the break 

25 games. 10 home. 15 away. 6 of those away games come on the same west coast trip. 

Pistons will have 5 back to backs and play an opponent on a back to back 5 times. 

On 1/31/2018 at 6:25 PM, Deleterious said:

Losing Wall will obviously hurt, but don't sleep on Satoransky. The guy can play ball.

He won't get the double digit assist numbers that Wall gets. But he also won't post insane turnover numbers like Wall either.

Satoransky is leading the comeback against the Knicks tonight.  9 assists and 1 TO's right now.

Pistons 28-29. They’re 1.5 behind Miami, but only a game out of the loss column. 

8 days off. 

Pistons 25 games left. 10 home, 15 away. 5 back to backs remaining, 5 games where the other team is on the back to back 

49 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

It will be hilarious when a capped out team that traded away its first round pick ends up missing the playoffs.  

I don't suppose they protected the pick at some level just in case what is happening happened?

1 minute ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I don't suppose they protected the pick at some level just in case what is happening happened?

1-4 protected.

2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

It will be hilarious when a capped out team that traded away its first round pick ends up missing the playoffs.  

I think they'll catch the Heat.

2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

At least we got thousands of black seat covers sponsored by Art Van this season. 

4 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Satoransky is leading the comeback against the Knicks tonight.  9 assists and 1 TO's right now.

Most underrated playmaker in the L.