Sydney_Fife

2018 Playoff Race

9 minutes ago, Buddha said:

cleveland just got destroyed by orlando.  outscored 24-9 in the 4th quarter and 65-31 in the second half.

how have they not fired ty lue?

Lebron runs the team.  I am sure they regret letting him have all the power considering he is responsible for some of their really bad contracts but they now have to pay for the bad decisions Lebron made...one of which is Ty Lue.  

24 minutes ago, Buddha said:

cleveland just got destroyed by orlando.  outscored 24-9 in the 4th quarter and 65-31 in the second half.

LBJ with 5 AST vs 6 TO tonight, IT2 3-13 from the field.

IT2 is stinking up the joint so far for CLE.

That party is not going like they planned.

11 hours ago, Buddha said:

This is great.  We are getting closer to the time where they try to flip the switch for the playoffs, but the wiring doesn't work like it used to.  This is quite possibly that very season.

21 hours ago, mickeyb105 said:

The Bucks were always getting Jabroni back around this point in the season, so I'm not sure why people doubted they would climb the ladder this year--unless they felt Kidd was going to keep his job and be that big of a deterrent.

Cleveland is in real trouble, and LBJ has cooled after a torrid start and is a turnover machine right now and the 4.4 he's posting per-game is set to top the 4.1 he notched last year as a new career-high.  Further, he's hitting just 22.1% on 3pt shots since the "controversial" Christmas Day loss and his FT shooting is 65.1% over the past 11 games. 

In short, I think he's wearing down. LBJ may only be just 33, but he's logged the 24th most minutes of anyone in NBA/ABA history.  At his age, he's been in the top 10 in minutes played nine times, and if he holds the course, this year will the the 10th (he is currently 8th).  To put into perspective as to how many minutes this is, Karl Malone played 36.2 MIN (his 6th-lowest average) at age 39 and he's only 26th in MIN all-time.  Also, LBJ is 2nd all-time to Tim Duncan in playoff minutes and will pass him if the Cavs get to the second round this year.

If LBJ throws it into overdrive for the playoffs and turns into a superhuman this year, then I'll certainly tip my hat to him.  To count on him doing it like he has in years past, though, is something the Cavs can't do without majorly fixing the team right now.  Would putting LBJ on a 32 MIN restriction help?  Probably, but will they be able to do that with Love out and still keep home court?

You could very well be right and I hope you are because I'm sick of the Cleveland Divaliers but I'll believe their playoff demise when I see it.  Until then, I'll just assume that LeBron turns it up like he always does and conquers the east like he always does. The east is a bit better and no Kyrie by his side are roadblocks but LeBron is still LeBron or at least I assume he'll be back to being LeBron in the playoffs.

12 hours ago, Buddha said:

Don't see why a coaching change would make any difference.  Does Lue do any coaching anyway?

15 minutes ago, NYLion said:

Don't see why a coaching change would make any difference.  Does Lue do any coaching anyway?

i dont know, but its obvious that the team isnt playing hard for him.  they flat out quit last night against orlando and are playing like they just dont care.  

i think most of that is their very poor roster (outside of love and lebron), but a lot of defense is effort and they simply are not trying.  lebron included.

trading kyrie has been a disaster for this season.  long term, bringing in wade and rose and calderon has done nothing for them except make them even worse on defense (if thats possible).  isaiah thomas is obviously still hurt and never played defense anyway.

btw, what a great trade for the celtics.  right del?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NYLion said:

You could very well be right and I hope you are because I'm sick of the Cleveland Divaliers but I'll believe their playoff demise when I see it.  Until then, I'll just assume that LeBron turns it up like he always does and conquers the east like he always does. The east is a bit better and no Kyrie by his side are roadblocks but LeBron is still LeBron or at least I assume he'll be back to being LeBron in the playoffs.

LBJ can't do it without Kyrie, and IT2 is no Kyrie.  

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22351309/cleveland-cavaliers-lebron-james-says-waive-no-trade-clause-vows-finish-season-team

I hate the hidden source quote as much as anyone, but:

A scout present for the Cavs-Magic game told ESPN that Cleveland's roster lacks rim protection and athleticism, and he questioned whether James had lost a step in being able to blow by his defender.

For whatever reason, people thought LBJ would never slow down without some type of grand announcement.  Perhaps Jim Grey needs to hold another special, but whatever the case, we have front-row seats to inevitable decline of LeBron James and I'm intent on enjoying every second of it.

Whoever pays him a max contract next better be prepared for him to be their third-best player inside of two years.

24 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

LBJ can't do it without Kyrie, and IT2 is no Kyrie.  

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22351309/cleveland-cavaliers-lebron-james-says-waive-no-trade-clause-vows-finish-season-team

I hate the hidden source quote as much as anyone, but:

For whatever reason, people thought LBJ would never slow down without some type of grand announcement.  Perhaps Jim Grey needs to hold another special, but whatever the case, we have front-row seats to inevitable decline of LeBron James and I'm intent on enjoying every second of it.

Whoever pays him a max contract next better be prepared for him to be their third-best player inside of two years.

He darn near won the Championship without Kyrie 3 years ago and based on the playoff LeBron we saw last season, I don't see a player in decline.  I just can't take regular season performance seriously at all when it comes to LeBron, this could all be a big game of possum and he'll be back to normal in the playoffs especially with Love coming back as well.  It looks like a mess right now, and it's a real hot mess right now, but the playoffs are an entirely different platform altogether.  It's a reset, back to 0-0.  Granted, this season does seem different than the others for that team but I just can't write off LeBron, not yet.

28 minutes ago, Buddha said:

i dont know, but its obvious that the team isnt playing hard for him.  they flat out quit last night against orlando and are playing like they just dont care.  

i think most of that is their very poor roster (outside of love and lebron), but a lot of defense is effort and they simply are not trying.  lebron included.

trading kyrie has been a disaster for this season.  long term, bringing in wade and rose and calderon has done nothing for them except make them even worse on defense (if thats possible).  isaiah thomas is obviously still hurt and never played defense anyway.

btw, what a great trade for the celtics.  right del?

Is there any "alpha male" coach out there that LeBron would actually respect and listen to?  Unless Jackson or Riley come out of retirement, I don't see who can possibly coach that team, demand respect and make a difference.  Who would want to?

Just now, NYLion said:

Is there any "alpha male" coach out there that LeBron would actually respect and listen to?  Unless Jackson or Riley come out of retirement, I don't see who can possibly coach that team and make a difference.  Who would want to?

I have been saying for a while he ends up with either the Lakers or Spurs. Walton coached stars in Golden State and Pop is Pop.

LeBron is a cancer in the locker room when the going gets tough.

1 minute ago, NYLion said:

He darn near won the Championship without Kyrie 3 years ago and based on the playoff LeBron we saw last season, I don't see a player in decline.  I just can't take regular season performance seriously at all when it comes to LeBron, this could all be a big game of possum and he'll be back to normal in the playoffs especially with Love coming back as well.  It looks like a mess right now, and it's a real hot mess right now, but the playoffs are an entirely different platform altogether.  It's a reset, back to 0-0.  Granted, this season does seem different than the others for that team but I just can't write off LeBron, not yet.

Three years ago he still had all of his athleticism--LBJ was at his peak.  

You can wait for LBJ to turn back to clock, I'll continue to bury him alive.

8 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

Three years ago he still had all of his athleticism--LBJ was at his peak.  

You can wait for LBJ to turn back to clock, I'll continue to bury him alive.

Just last season, he looked as good as he ever did in the playoffs.  I'm not ready to break out the shovel yet.

Just now, NYLion said:

Just last season, he looked as good as he ever did in the playoffs.  I'm not ready to break out the shovel yet.

Father time waits for no man.

12 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

I have been saying for a while he ends up with either the Lakers or Spurs. Walton coached stars in Golden State and Pop is Pop.

LeBron is a cancer in the locker room when the going gets tough.

Pop is one of the few that would command respect from LBJ but can the Spurs fit Lebron in?  I don't know how comfortable he would be in a situation where he doesn't have full control.

im not as worried about lebron as i am about his teammates. 

without love and kyrie (and with lebron no longer at his peak) the team isnt good enough.

It's not as much about Cleveland as it is about the rest of the east.  This Boston squad is unproven in the playoffs, Toronto has never done anything in the playoffs and has always played intimidated when they run up against LeBron, the rest of the east? Meh. 

9 minutes ago, NYLion said:

It's not as much about Cleveland as it is about the rest of the east.  This Boston squad is unproven in the playoffs, Toronto has never done anything in the playoffs and has always played intimidated when they run up against LeBron, the rest of the east? Meh. 

Of course it's about CLE, as it is easily the worst version of the Cavs we've seen since LBJ came back from Miami.

1 minute ago, mickeyb105 said:

Of course it's about CLE, as it is easily the worst version of the Cavs we've seen since LBJ came back from Miami.

My point was more that I don't know if anybody in the east is up to the task of knocking off even a weaker LeBron-led team.

Just now, NYLion said:

My point was more that I don't know if anybody in the east is up to the task of knocking off even a weaker LeBron-led team.

Been saying since summer that BOS and MKE could handle that job.  Now, with Reggie coming back, I even like Detroit's chances.

8 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

Been saying since summer that BOS and MKE could handle that job.  Now, with Reggie coming back, I even like Detroit's chances.

Of course they COULD, and Toronto looks a lot stronger with a much deeper bench, but I still can't bet against LeBron especially with Love being back before the playoffs.

I'd very curious to see what the Pistons look like when Reggie returns.  The team has a lot of potential if Reggie can fit in somehow and the young guys continue to grow their game.  Don't think they can contend for the east but I do think they could give one of the top teams a run for their money in the 1st round if it all comes together.  It's nice to be excited about potential for the first time in over a decade.

Just now, NYLion said:

Of course they COULD, and Toronto looks a lot stronger with a much deeper bench, but I still can't bet against LeBron especially with Love being back before the playoffs.

Love started January playing like hot garbage, same as LBJ.

I won't stop you from thinking that those two will carry them to the NBA Finals, though.

16 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

Love started January playing like hot garbage, same as LBJ.

I won't stop you from thinking that those two will carry them to the NBA Finals, though.

Can you blame me for thinking that the guy who has represented the east for 7 straight years could do it again? You act like I'm going out on a limb.