Sydney_Fife

2018 Playoff Race

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

They were 19-28 at one point Russ year.

Now they control their own destiny. Win the final two games and they are the third seed.

its amazing what decent coaching can do.  along with the best defensive center in basketball.  vivelafrance.

23 hours ago, Deleterious said:

I wonder how many people wanted Bill Davidson to sell after they won 16 and 21 games 5 and 6 years after he bought the team.

Can't speak to that, but plenty of people were irritated with Ilitch's ownership of the Tigers in the 1997/1998 timeframe, and by the time he died he was considered a great owner.  Something similar could be said about his ownership of the Red Wings as well.

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 7:41 AM, Deleterious said:

Mitchell with 28/9/8 last night. And his Utah Jazz team clinched a playoff spot. Currently they are the 4th seed.

They went from 19-28 to knocking on the door of a #3 seed which is remarkable but in the same token, shows how weak the west is compared to years past, a year in which the west was supposed to be the strongest it's ever been but of course injuries played a big part in that too.

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 9:46 AM, Buddha said:

utah has a point guard who cant shoot and a center who cant shoot and a power forward who cant shoot and lost their best player in free agency and somehow they are a 4 seed in the west.

but the pistons lose reggie jackson and cant make the playoffs in the east and thats supposed to be an excuse for svg?

Cute descriptions don't cover for the fact that Utah has good players and we have bad ones, or hurt ones

2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

They were 19-28 at one point Russ year.

Now they control their own destiny. Win the final two games and they are the third seed.

I would say last year was more so Russ year 

2 minutes ago, NYLion said:

They went from 19-28 to knocking on the door of a #3 seed which is remarkable but in the same token, shows how weak the west is compared to years past, a year in which the west was supposed to be the strongest it's ever been but of course injuries played a big part in that too.

I think you're simply under selling a very good, but new team. Gobert is DPOY, Favors has learned to play next to Gobert with great effectiveness, Ingles is one of the league's most underrated players,  Rubio is at worst functional and learned how to play with GObert on the P and R and of course you have Mitchell, not to mention adding Crowder at the deadline. 

20 minutes ago, Nastradamus said:

I think you're simply under selling a very good, but new team. Gobert is DPOY, Favors has learned to play next to Gobert with great effectiveness, Ingles is one of the league's most underrated players,  Rubio is at worst functional and learned how to play with GObert on the P and R and of course you have Mitchell, not to mention adding Crowder at the deadline. 

How did I undersell them?  I said what they did is remarkable, I'm in awe of how well they've played down the stretch.

I did say that the west is weaker, not as top heavy, although that is partially due to injury to Leonard, Cousins, Butler, various Warriors stars etc.

46 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Can't speak to that, but plenty of people were irritated with Ilitch's ownership of the Tigers in the 1997/1998 timeframe, and by the time he died he was considered a great owner.

I was one.  My angar was more for Randy Smith, but the one guy that could have done something about it was Illitch.  Its easy to look back and say that he was just too patient with the wrong person in charge.  Illitch did do well with bringing Ernie Harwell back and pumping some money into decrepit Tiger Stadium even though the end was in sight.  But as for the on field product, it just wasn't very good.

4 hours ago, Nastradamus said:

Cute descriptions don't cover for the fact that Utah has good players and we have bad ones, or hurt ones

cute descriptions are fun!  much nicer than snarky mean spirited reponses.  you should try it sometime!

no one on utah is as talented as blake griffin.  andre has the same skills and limitations as gobert but doesnt play as well on defense.  reggie is just as good as rubio on offense and much worse on defense.

the rest of utah's roster is not all that talented, and the one dude who IS talented is a guy we passed on to draft luke kennard.  

so if the roster is similar in talent, its stan's fault as coach, if its not, its stan's fault as gm.  

Toronto def. Washington

Cleveland def. Indiana

Philadelphia def. Miami

Boston def. Milwaukee

Houston def. Minnesota

Utah def. New Orleans

Oklahoma City def. Portland

Golden State def. San Antonio

Toronto def. Cleveland

Philadelphia def. Boston

Houston def. Utah

Golden State def. Oklahoma City

Toronto def. Philadelphia

Golden State def. Houston

Golden State def. Toronto

3 hours ago, Casimir said:

Toronto def. Washington

Cleveland def. Indiana

Philadelphia def. Miami

Boston def. Milwaukee

Houston def. Minnesota

Utah def. New Orleans

Oklahoma City def. Portland

Golden State def. San Antonio

Toronto def. Cleveland

Philadelphia def. Boston

Houston def. Utah

Golden State def. Oklahoma City

Toronto def. Philadelphia

Golden State def. Houston

Golden State def. Toronto

toronto over washington in 7

cleveland over indiana in 5

philly over miami in 4

milwaukee over boston in 6

houston over minny in 5

utah over new orleans in 6

portland over okc in 7

golden state over san antonio in 5

cleveland over toronto in 6

philly over milwaukee in 5

houston over utah in 5

golden state over portland in 7

cleveland over philly in 7

houston over golden state in 7

houston over cleveland in 5

14 minutes ago, Buddha said:

toronto over washington in 7

cleveland over indiana in 5

philly over miami in 4

milwaukee over boston in 6

houston over minny in 5

utah over new orleans in 6

portland over okc in 7

golden state over san antonio in 5

cleveland over toronto in 6

philly over milwaukee in 5

houston over utah in 5

golden state over portland in 7

cleveland over philly in 7

houston over golden state in 7

houston over cleveland in 5

Added series lengths, eh?  See, I figured I would be wrong enough with just picking the winner/loser and didn't need to be wronger with exact numbers.

42 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Added series lengths, eh?  See, I figured I would be wrong enough with just picking the winner/loser and didn't need to be wronger with exact numbers.

i go the extra mile for people's amusement.

The playoff predictions were solely thought of for Del's amusement.  My initial post was a no look pass for Buddha's reply to amuse Del.

Y'all are welcome.

I really do like the Philly prediction.  They are playing great basketball the past month.

I do worry about how young they are and how they will perform in the playoffs.  But they have the talent to overcome nerves.  

38 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

I really do like the Philly prediction.  They are playing great basketball the past month.

I do worry about how young they are and how they will perform in the playoffs.  But they have the talent to overcome nerves.  

We were all young enough once to be stupid enough to not know enough about nerves.

You know what?  Philly wins the whole thing.  Does Hinkie get a ring?

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

i thought you would have liked boston going out in the first round even more.

2 hours ago, Buddha said:

i thought you would have liked boston going out in the first round even more.

It's not as fun with all of their injuries.  

It will be good for Tatum and Brown to get some experience without Kyrie though.