Sydney_Fife

2018 Playoff Race

13 hours ago, Buddha said:

stop dreaming del

SVG would just trade the pick for a backup SF and 3 more wins next year.

prediction:  bower is not retained, tellum becomes general manager, stan gets a one year extension (so he is under contract for the next two years) as coach and president of ops.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Buddha said:

prediction:  bower is not retained, tellum becomes general manager, stan gets a one year extension (so he is under contract for the next two years) as coach and president of ops.

I could see this happening. Bower is the guy that would be moved at this point. I think Tellum took  his current position with the Pistons to eventually get the GM job. 

3 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

Stan the Coach must be fired. He's been abysmal.

i think they give him a year with the blake/reggie/andre trio.

1 minute ago, Buddha said:

I don't doubt you're right, but I don't agree with it. It's time to move on from SVG completely.

27 minutes ago, Buddha said:

No reason to extend him.  He should understand the deal. 

His issues are coaching based as well as roster management.  So, I don't want him back at all, but I can see a case being made for letting him deal with the trio he has put together.  He can start the season as coach, but I wouldn't let him deal with the roster.

23 minutes ago, Buddha said:

philly is the best threat to cleveland in the east.

boston should be next year if kyrie and heyward are back.

There is no threat to Cleveland.  Cleveland will be ready to play big boy ball once the playoffs start.  The only shot, although remote, was the Celtics if healthy but now that's dashed so it'll be cakewalk city for the Cavs. 

I do like this Raptors team because they are deeper than ever but the Cavs are clearly in their head and the Sixers will get a harsh dose of reality once they experience playoff intensity.  Soon for them but not yet.  All great teams have to learn harsh lessons along the way.  All the other east playoff teams are there for decoration only.

6 minutes ago, NYLion said:

There is no threat to Cleveland.  Cleveland will be ready to play big boy ball once the playoffs start.  The only shot, although remote, was the Celtics if healthy but now that's dashed so it'll be cakewalk city for the Cavs. 

I do like this Raptors team because they are deeper than ever but the Cavs are clearly in their head and the Sixers will get a harsh dose of reality once they experience playoff intensity.  Soon for them but not yet.  All great teams have to learn harsh lessons along the way.  All the other east playoff teams are there for decoration only.

if embiid is healthy the sixers are a real threat to cleveland, imo.  

• Like 1

Just now, Buddha said:

if embiid is healthy the sixers are a real threat to cleveland, imo.  

That's always a big if unfortunately.  I hope you're right, I can't stand The Lebrons and I love The Process but it's too soon.  The NBA is just too hard of a league for an upstart team to go far in the playoffs and especially to unseat a Champion, playoff basketball is just a completely different animal.

I'm just going to say that Lebron choking on that free throw tonight will have destroyed his confidence and he'll be unable to do anything in a hypothetical match up with the 76ers in the playoffs

its not going to happen, but seeing westbrook and melo miss the playoffs would have been sweet.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Casimir said:

Shep tearing into the Pistons and its perceived lack of leadership.

The organization has been ran like a dumpster fire since Mr. Davisdon died. Stan Van Gundy talks a lot of hot air but the team construction is lacking. SVG is still talking about how the same team will be much better next, year. 

Mitchell with 28/9/8 last night. And his Utah Jazz team clinched a playoff spot. Currently they are the 4th seed.

43 minutes ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

The organization has been ran like a dumpster fire since Mr. Davisdon died. Stan Van Gundy talks a lot of hot air but the team construction is lacking. SVG is still talking about how the same team will be much better next, year. 

Yeah, they can get rid of Van Gundy, but I suspect that they need an upgrade at the ownership position as well.

I wonder how many people wanted Bill Davidson to sell after they won 16 and 21 games 5 and 6 years after he bought the team.

2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Mitchell with 28/9/8 last night. And his Utah Jazz team clinched a playoff spot. Currently they are the 4th seed.

utah has a point guard who cant shoot and a center who cant shoot and a power forward who cant shoot and lost their best player in free agency and somehow they are a 4 seed in the west.

but the pistons lose reggie jackson and cant make the playoffs in the east and thats supposed to be an excuse for svg?

25 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

I wonder how many people wanted Bill Davidson to sell after they won 16 and 21 games 5 and 6 years after he bought the team.

Did Bill Davidson have a poster of himself shooting a basketball in the locker room?

21 hours ago, Buddha said:

utah has a point guard who cant shoot and a center who cant shoot and a power forward who cant shoot and lost their best player in free agency and somehow they are a 4 seed in the west.

but the pistons lose reggie jackson and cant make the playoffs in the east and thats supposed to be an excuse for svg?

They were 19-28 at one point Russ year.

Now they control their own destiny. Win the final two games and they are the third seed.