Sydney_Fife

2018 Playoff Race

On 2/15/2018 at 11:12 PM, Buddha said:

I think they'll catch the Heat.

idiot.

the narrative will turn now to "this was really a trade for next year, we didnt think we could make it this year".

Heat got torched at home by the Lakers. 

Pistons can close to within 2 games with a win tomorrow. Saturday looms in Miami. 

Hurts the Celtics even more.  Smart is out indefinitely with a torn tendon in his thumb.  Theis tore his meniscus and is done for the year.

On 2/27/2018 at 11:26 PM, pyrotigers said:

I think they'll catch the Knicks

2-10 since the all star break.  They are certainly giving it a go.

Tyrone Lue is taking a leave of absence for health reasons.

Larry Drew will take over as head coach.

Love the irony.

IT isn't even with the Cavs anymore.  But Kyrie might be questionable for the playoffs with an injury he had before being traded.  

Philly is the fourth seed right now. I think I read they play 11 more games and only 3 of those are against playoff teams and all 3 are at home.

They are only 1 game back from Cleveland and the third seed. Might be a half a game after tonight's win.

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

Philly is the fourth seed right now. I think I read they play 11 more games and only 3 of those are against playoff teams and all 3 are at home.

They are only 1 game back from Cleveland and the third seed. Might be a half a game after tonight's win.

Hinkie uber alles

On 3/21/2018 at 3:49 PM, Deleterious said:

Love the irony.

IT isn't even with the Cavs anymore.  But Kyrie might be questionable for the playoffs with an injury he had before being traded.  

Hilarious. Kyrie is having knee surgery. No timetable on his recovery. The playoffs start in 3 weeks.

That wont be bad if he can come back in 3 weeks and be relatively healthy.  He said last week that his ankle was still bothering him.  So this might actually help with that.

BTW, Lebron is currently on pace to play in 82 games this year.  I'm sure he will rest a bit once their seeding is locked down, but he isn't missing anything due to injury or his back like years past.

He is averaging 27/7/9 for the year.  30/10/9.7 since the all-star break.

Odd stats for a guy who is supposedly declining.  

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.6271f9f5a539dabb7566ca6060b7cd8b.png

The Teal Horseheads have a better shot at winning the draft lottery than making the playoffs.  And probably better odds at winning Powerball than doing either of the aforementioned items.

I was the biggest Philly cheerleader here before the sun season. But even I'm shocked they are a possible third seed.

12 hours ago, Deleterious said:

I was the biggest Philly cheerleader here before the sun season. But even I'm shocked they are a possible third seed.

I was told Hinkie was overrated because he passed on the Greek Freak.

22 minutes ago, Buddha said:

The hate for Hinkie is very odd.

8 hours ago, Buddha said:

14 other picks were made before Antentekoumpo.  So about half of the league's GMs were not good there.

Edit:  It is going to be my life's mission to learn to spell his name before he retires.

i dont think hinkie is overrated.  i think he was smart and took advantage of the rules and had owners who let him do that (for a while).

now theyre a young team with a future.

remember that debate between stan and valenti when valenti was ripping him for not tanking and stan said the sixers way hasnt proven anything?

valenti 1, stan 0.

6 minutes ago, Buddha said:

i dont think hinkie is overrated.  i think he was smart and took advantage of the rules and had owners who let him do that (for a while).

now theyre a young team with a future.

remember that debate between stan and valenti when valenti was ripping him for not tanking and stan said the sixers way hasnt proven anything?

valenti 1, stan 0.

I was just thinking about that. Stan said to him “you think the sixers will contend this year?” And valenti responded yes, and Stan was incredulous. Valenti clarified he meant contend for a playoff spot. And then Stan was like, “that’s nothing,” which is pretty ironic coming from a guy who hasn’t even contended for a playoff spot in a few years now. 

27 minutes ago, Shelton said:

I was just thinking about that. Stan said to him “you think the sixers will contend this year?” And valenti responded yes, and Stan was incredulous. Valenti clarified he meant contend for a playoff spot. And then Stan was like, “that’s nothing,” which is pretty ironic coming from a guy who hasn’t even contended for a playoff spot in a few years now. 

i'm sure valenti remembers.

if he can take 5 minutes off from desperately defending sexual assault university.