Jump to content

Sydney_Fife

2018 Playoff Race

Recommended Posts

On 2/15/2018 at 11:12 PM, Buddha said:

I think they'll catch the Heat.

idiot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the narrative will turn now to "this was really a trade for next year, we didnt think we could make it this year".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heat got torched at home by the Lakers. 

Pistons can close to within 2 games with a win tomorrow. Saturday looms in Miami. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hurts the Celtics even more.  Smart is out indefinitely with a torn tendon in his thumb.  Theis tore his meniscus and is done for the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2018 at 11:26 PM, pyrotigers said:

I think they'll catch the Knicks

2-10 since the all star break.  They are certainly giving it a go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tyrone Lue is taking a leave of absence for health reasons.

Larry Drew will take over as head coach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the irony.

IT isn't even with the Cavs anymore.  But Kyrie might be questionable for the playoffs with an injury he had before being traded.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Philly is the fourth seed right now. I think I read they play 11 more games and only 3 of those are against playoff teams and all 3 are at home.

They are only 1 game back from Cleveland and the third seed. Might be a half a game after tonight's win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

Philly is the fourth seed right now. I think I read they play 11 more games and only 3 of those are against playoff teams and all 3 are at home.

They are only 1 game back from Cleveland and the third seed. Might be a half a game after tonight's win.

Hinkie uber alles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2018 at 3:49 PM, Deleterious said:

Love the irony.

IT isn't even with the Cavs anymore.  But Kyrie might be questionable for the playoffs with an injury he had before being traded.  

Hilarious. Kyrie is having knee surgery. No timetable on his recovery. The playoffs start in 3 weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That wont be bad if he can come back in 3 weeks and be relatively healthy.  He said last week that his ankle was still bothering him.  So this might actually help with that.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW, Lebron is currently on pace to play in 82 games this year.  I'm sure he will rest a bit once their seeding is locked down, but he isn't missing anything due to injury or his back like years past.

He is averaging 27/7/9 for the year.  30/10/9.7 since the all-star break.

Odd stats for a guy who is supposedly declining.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

image.thumb.png.6271f9f5a539dabb7566ca6060b7cd8b.png

The Teal Horseheads have a better shot at winning the draft lottery than making the playoffs.  And probably better odds at winning Powerball than doing either of the aforementioned items.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was the biggest Philly cheerleader here before the sun season. But even I'm shocked they are a possible third seed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Deleterious said:

I was the biggest Philly cheerleader here before the sun season. But even I'm shocked they are a possible third seed.

I was told Hinkie was overrated because he passed on the Greek Freak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Buddha said:

I was told Hinkie was overrated because he passed on the Greek Freak.

The hate for Hinkie is very odd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Buddha said:

I was told Hinkie was overrated because he passed on the Greek Freak.

14 other picks were made before Antentekoumpo.  So about half of the league's GMs were not good there.

Edit:  It is going to be my life's mission to learn to spell his name before he retires.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i dont think hinkie is overrated.  i think he was smart and took advantage of the rules and had owners who let him do that (for a while).

now theyre a young team with a future.

remember that debate between stan and valenti when valenti was ripping him for not tanking and stan said the sixers way hasnt proven anything?

valenti 1, stan 0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Buddha said:

i dont think hinkie is overrated.  i think he was smart and took advantage of the rules and had owners who let him do that (for a while).

now theyre a young team with a future.

remember that debate between stan and valenti when valenti was ripping him for not tanking and stan said the sixers way hasnt proven anything?

valenti 1, stan 0.

I was just thinking about that. Stan said to him “you think the sixers will contend this year?” And valenti responded yes, and Stan was incredulous. Valenti clarified he meant contend for a playoff spot. And then Stan was like, “that’s nothing,” which is pretty ironic coming from a guy who hasn’t even contended for a playoff spot in a few years now. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Shelton said:

I was just thinking about that. Stan said to him “you think the sixers will contend this year?” And valenti responded yes, and Stan was incredulous. Valenti clarified he meant contend for a playoff spot. And then Stan was like, “that’s nothing,” which is pretty ironic coming from a guy who hasn’t even contended for a playoff spot in a few years now. 

 

i'm sure valenti remembers.

if he can take 5 minutes off from desperately defending sexual assault university.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×