Sydney_Fife

2018 Playoff Race

LeBron James: They should take Cavaliers off nationally televised games

“I’m lost for words, actually,” James said, referring to the Cavs’ streak on national TV. “They should take us off every nationally televised game for the rest of the season. We haven’t played good ball and we get our butts kicked every time we play on national television, so I’m at a loss for words.”

Oh, don't worry.  They will take the Cavs off of nationally televised games next season after you bolt this offseason.

• Like 1

Do we have anything of value to get Lou Williams?  I'm thinking Galloway and a 2nd round future pick?  Williams is 31 and on an expiring contract.  Probably the Clippers would want more, I guess?  Man, with Lou Williams as the starting SG I'd love to see the Pistons make a playoff run.

PG: Reggie Jackson

SG: Lou Williams

F: Stanley Johnson

F: Blake Griffin

C: Andre Drummond

Not a bad starting five at all.  

2018-02-04_15-42-06.jpg

1 hour ago, azzurri said:

Do we have anything of value to get Lou Williams?  I'm thinking Galloway and a 2nd round future pick?  Williams is 31 and on an expiring contract.  Probably the Clippers would want more, I guess?  Man, with Lou Williams as the starting SG I'd love to see the Pistons make a playoff run.

2018-02-04_15-42-06.jpg

No way the Clippers make that deal. That’s 2 years of Galloway for a second rounder? Awful deal. They could get a first for Lou before Thursday evening no problem. 

1 hour ago, azzurri said:

2018-02-04_15-42-06.jpg

lol.  hey LA, here's a bad contract and a second round pick for your all star caliber shooting guard!

come on.

3 hours ago, Buddha said:

lol.  hey LA, here's a bad contract and a second round pick for your all star caliber shooting guard!

come on.

He's going to be a 2-3 month rental.  It's going to be tough to pry a 1st round pick out of that, certainly with no guarantees he'd re-sign.

14 hours ago, azzurri said:

2018-02-04_15-42-06.jpg

You aren't getting Lou for a 2nd round pick. If for some reason LAC is determined to dump him, they can get a 2nd round pick and an expiring contract. Attaching Galloway makes that a bad deal for them, when they are trying to be flexible in free agency. 

9 hours ago, azzurri said:

He's going to be a 2-3 month rental.  It's going to be tough to pry a 1st round pick out of that, certainly with no guarantees he'd re-sign.

the bulls just got a first rounder for niko.  lou williams is better than him.

and not only did you give them a ****ty draft pick you made them take a ****ty player on a ****ty contract too!  why the **** would LA do that?  that trade is a net negative for LA.

if you wanted lou williams you would have to start with kennard since theyve already dealt their first round pick for griffin.

24 minutes ago, Buddha said:

the bulls just got a first rounder for niko.  lou williams is better than him.

and not only did you give them a ****ty draft pick you made them take a ****ty player on a ****ty contract too!  why the **** would LA do that?  that trade is a net negative for LA.

if you wanted lou williams you would have to start with kennard since theyve already dealt their first round pick for griffin.

Buddha is in rare form today.

1 hour ago, Buddha said:

lol

if they were going to get Lou williams with their current inventory, they would have gotten him in the Griffin trade.

• Like 1

Realistically 9 teams for 8 spots.

Boston, Toronto, Cleveland, and Washington are locks in my opinion.

Miami, Milwaukee, Indiana, Philly, Detroit for the final 4 spots.

14 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Realistically 9 teams for 8 spots.

Boston, Toronto, Cleveland, and Washington are locks in my opinion.

Miami, Milwaukee, Indiana, Philly, Detroit for the final 4 spots.

this is what everyone said preseason except substitute charlotte for indy.

3 minutes ago, Buddha said:

this is what everyone said preseason except substitute charlotte for indy.

I think a lot of people threw Milwaukee into the lock category but otherwise, pretty true to form although I don't think too many expected Cleveland to fall off this hard.  I still think they are the favorites to come out of the east though, a motivated Lebron can cover a lot of deficiencies.

1 hour ago, NYLion said:

I think a lot of people threw Milwaukee into the lock category but otherwise, pretty true to form although I don't think too many expected Cleveland to fall off this hard.  I still think they are the favorites to come out of the east though, a motivated Lebron can cover a lot of deficiencies.

The Bucks were always getting Jabroni back around this point in the season, so I'm not sure why people doubted they would climb the ladder this year--unless they felt Kidd was going to keep his job and be that big of a deterrent.

Cleveland is in real trouble, and LBJ has cooled after a torrid start and is a turnover machine right now and the 4.4 he's posting per-game is set to top the 4.1 he notched last year as a new career-high.  Further, he's hitting just 22.1% on 3pt shots since the "controversial" Christmas Day loss and his FT shooting is 65.1% over the past 11 games. 

In short, I think he's wearing down. LBJ may only be just 33, but he's logged the 24th most minutes of anyone in NBA/ABA history.  At his age, he's been in the top 10 in minutes played nine times, and if he holds the course, this year will the the 10th (he is currently 8th).  To put into perspective as to how many minutes this is, Karl Malone played 36.2 MIN (his 6th-lowest average) at age 39 and he's only 26th in MIN all-time.  Also, LBJ is 2nd all-time to Tim Duncan in playoff minutes and will pass him if the Cavs get to the second round this year.

If LBJ throws it into overdrive for the playoffs and turns into a superhuman this year, then I'll certainly tip my hat to him.  To count on him doing it like he has in years past, though, is something the Cavs can't do without majorly fixing the team right now.  Would putting LBJ on a 32 MIN restriction help?  Probably, but will they be able to do that with Love out and still keep home court?

5 hours ago, mickeyb105 said:

The Bucks were always getting Jabroni back around this point in the season, so I'm not sure why people doubted they would climb the ladder this year--unless they felt Kidd was going to keep his job and be that big of a deterrent.

Cleveland is in real trouble, and LBJ has cooled after a torrid start and is a turnover machine right now and the 4.4 he's posting per-game is set to top the 4.1 he notched last year as a new career-high.  Further, he's hitting just 22.1% on 3pt shots since the "controversial" Christmas Day loss and his FT shooting is 65.1% over the past 11 games. 

In short, I think he's wearing down. LBJ may only be just 33, but he's logged the 24th most minutes of anyone in NBA/ABA history.  At his age, he's been in the top 10 in minutes played nine times, and if he holds the course, this year will the the 10th (he is currently 8th).  To put into perspective as to how many minutes this is, Karl Malone played 36.2 MIN (his 6th-lowest average) at age 39 and he's only 26th in MIN all-time.  Also, LBJ is 2nd all-time to Tim Duncan in playoff minutes and will pass him if the Cavs get to the second round this year.

If LBJ throws it into overdrive for the playoffs and turns into a superhuman this year, then I'll certainly tip my hat to him.  To count on him doing it like he has in years past, though, is something the Cavs can't do without majorly fixing the team right now.  Would putting LBJ on a 32 MIN restriction help?  Probably, but will they be able to do that with Love out and still keep home court?

I think they have to seriously consider trading Lebron unless he communicates to them he hopes to re-sign with Cleveland next summer.   I know that the playoffs are a new season and Lebron will kick it into overdrive but at this point in time, with all the problems the Cavs have,  what are the chances Cleveland can beat Houston or Golden State?  If Cleveland was in the Western Conference, it is a no brainer you deal him.  In the East, you could probably make an argument to keep him but it is a weak argument.  You gotta weigh your chance of winning a title against losing him and what he could bring in return in a trade.  

There are only a handful of contenders that make sense for Lebron in a trade but the first that comes to mind for me is a deal with Golden State centered around Klay Thompson.  Throw in Jordan Bell, Kevon Looney, and a couple first round picks, plus Iggy's contract and you got a deal.  Cleveland reloads with assets and Golden State all but guarantees themselves another title.  

On 2/4/2018 at 11:32 PM, azzurri said:

I agree with this.  First round picks are becoming more valuable again as teams look for cheap, young, talent to pair with expensive veterans...and most teams don't feel like they have a chance at a championship anyway so why give up a first round pick for a 3 month rental?  I don't see LA getting a first rounder.

7 minutes ago, Hart said:

I think they have to seriously consider trading Lebron unless he communicates to them he hopes to re-sign with Cleveland next summer.   I know that the playoffs are a new season and Lebron will kick it into overdrive but at this point in time, with all the problems the Cavs have,  what are the chances Cleveland can beat Houston or Golden State?  If Cleveland was in the Western Conference, it is a no brainer you deal him.  In the East, you could probably make an argument to keep him but it is a weak argument.  You gotta weigh your chance of winning a title against losing him and what he could bring in return in a trade.  

There are only a handful of contenders that make sense for Lebron in a trade but the first that comes to mind for me is a deal with Golden State centered around Klay Thompson.  Throw in Jordan Bell, Kevon Looney, and a couple first round picks, plus Iggy's contract and you got a deal.  Cleveland reloads with assets and Golden State all but guarantees themselves another title.  

Would be a bad trade for GSW, great trade for CLE. 

LBJ getting traded to Philly would make me pretty excited. 

7 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

Would be a bad trade for GSW, great trade for CLE. 

LBJ getting traded to Philly would make me pretty excited. 

I think a GS dynasty is more tentative than people realize.  I know many feel GS is going to be a dynasty with the status quo.  I don't believe that.  I believe a Houston-GS series goes 6, maybe 7 games, with a slight edge to the Warriors.  Getting Lebron would change that and just about cement them as champions this year...then you deal with the contracts in the offseason.  

23 minutes ago, Hart said:

I think a GS dynasty is more tentative than people realize.  I know many feel GS is going to be a dynasty with the status quo.  I don't believe that.  I believe a Houston-GS series goes 6, maybe 7 games, with a slight edge to the Warriors.  Getting Lebron would change that and just about cement them as champions this year...then you deal with the contracts in the offseason.  

You definitely don't know how I feel, but if you did, you would know that I have been saying that we would see a marked decline in LBJ's play by the end of this season.  Just in case you missed this part of my post:

6 hours ago, mickeyb105 said:

LBJ doesn't provide a massive improvement to GSW's formula going forward.  They are the best team in basketball, and if they did want to move Klay, their options are many that don't include a guy who will cost them a max contract starting during a season where he turns 34 and already holds the NBA record for NBA playoff minutes.

James is shooting 22% from 3pt since Dec 25.

Klay is shooting about 47% from 3pt since Dec 25, and 45.2% on the year--7th in ATT.

GSW needs to keep that backcourt in-tact as long as they can, really.

11 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

You definitely don't know how I feel, but if you did, you would know that I have been saying that we would see a marked decline in LBJ's play by the end of this season.  Just in case you missed this part of my post:

LBJ doesn't provide a massive improvement to GSW's formula going forward.  They are the best team in basketball, and if they did want to move Klay, their options are many that don't include a guy who will cost them a max contract starting during a season where he turns 34 and already holds the NBA record for NBA playoff minutes.

James is shooting 22% from 3pt since Dec 25.

Klay is shooting about 47% from 3pt since Dec 25, and 45.2% on the year--7th in ATT.

GSW needs to keep that backcourt in-tact as long as they can, really.

Then Golden State would be the perfect spot to him to land as he wouldn't have to carry the load.  That said, I still think he is a top 3 player this year in the playoffs, and also maybe the most impactful.  

Let me ask you this.  Do you believe the trade significantly improves their chance of winning a championship this year?  

7 minutes ago, Hart said:

Then Golden State would be the perfect spot to him to land as he wouldn't have to carry the load.  That said, I still think he is a top 3 player this year in the playoffs, and also maybe the most impactful.  

Let me ask you this.  Do you believe the trade significantly improves their chance of winning a championship this year?  

That depends.  Having three of the best shooters in the L means that one can get hurt or slump and not impact the team drastically.  Trade Klay away, and Curry and Durant have to be healthy the rest of the year or that floor spacing starts to suffer. 

No way I make a deal for LBJ when my current squad is winning 77.4% of its games in spite of having its 2xMVP PG hurt for a period of time. 

cleveland just got destroyed by orlando.  outscored 24-9 in the 4th quarter and 65-31 in the second half.

how have they not fired ty lue?