Motor City Sonics

The Larry Nassar thing............

And now this.............................What the **** is in the water up there?  

https://www.wxyz.com/news/msu-health-physicist-charged-on-2-counts-of-beastiality

MSU health physicist charged with 2 counts of bestiality

LANSING, Mich. (WXYZ) - A Michigan State University Health Physicist has been charged with two counts of bestiality. 

Joseph Hattey, 51, was charged for allegedly committing a crime against nature, which carries a 15-year felony.

Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette brought the charges against Hattey on Monday for allegedly penetrating a dog.

According to a release, Hattey allegedly did not conduct the acts on Michigan State University campus or with an animal owned by the university. 

The investigation was conducted by Ingham County Animal Control in conjunction with the Ingham County Sheriff’s Department. The dog involved in the incident has since been removed from harm, a press release states, and is currently in custody of Ingham County Animal Control.

MSU responded in a statement saying:

Michigan State University was informed by the MSU Police Department on April 17 of a criminal investigation against Joseph Hattey, a health physicist with the Environmental Health and Safety Unit (note this position does not work with students, patients or animals). Hattey was immediately put on administrative suspension, pending the investigation. The university has been and will continue to cooperate with law enforcement officials on this matter. MSUPD is providing digital forensic support in the investigation.

-Emily Guerrant, MSU Spokesperson

Hattey was arraigned on Monday and given a $5,000 bond. He is expected to arrive in court for a pre-exam conference on June 14 and a preliminary hearing on June 21. 

On 5/21/2018 at 8:43 AM, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

In a class action suit, do all the plaintiffs get an equal share or is there some sort of structuring scheme where if you meet a certain number of requirements you get x, additional requirements you get y, etc.?

in most class actions, the only people who get things are the lawyers.

2 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I don't know how Engler is still there at this point. 

Old boy network gonna network.

7 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

He was a predictably bad fit for the job and that should have been obvious before he was hired.

I thought it was a terrible hire but I was willing to give him a chance, but my gosh has he just made things worse and worse and worse. 

He's frustrated because of all the crap he has to deal with.   Well, get used to it MSU.  You are going to have an All You Can Eat And More buffet of ****e to eat because of this.   And yes, that sucks for someone who wasn't there, but he knew the score coming in.    

Sorry folks, but this is what happens when you ignore victims.  Maybe you get away with it for a little while.   But this isn't the 1970s when all you had to control was the local papers and TV stations that you had in your pocket.   The story will come out and this went way beyond Internet Court.    

In the future they will teach a class on how to handle sexual assault cases and their victims.   The text book will be nothing but the Larry Nassar case and the lesson will be -  Read what MSU did - then do the exact opposite.   

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I thought it was a terrible hire but I was willing to give him a chance, but my gosh has he just made things worse and worse and worse. 

I guess what I find odd is for a guy with a reputation for clear headedness, he seems to trying to fight the wrong battles. He really has a bug up his rear about what the lawyers' fees are going to be, but the economic system in the liability bar in the US is not an appropriate battle for MSU to take on over this - it is what it is, has been that way for decades and is just a part of the landscape that he needs to get over because it really has nothing to do with MSU's issues. In that sense he is showing a level of detachment and distraction from what he is  there to fix.

2 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I guess what I find odd is for a guy with a reputation for clear headedness, he seems to trying to fight the wrong battles. He really has a bug up his rear about what the lawyers' fees are going to be, but the economic system in the liability bar in the US is not an appropriate battle for MSU to take on over this - it is what it is, has been that way for decades and is just a part of the landscape that he needs to get over because it really has nothing to do with MSU's issues. In that sense he is showing a level of detachment and distraction from what he is  there to fix.

He always lacked empathy.  Always.    Talk about the wrong tack here.   I would naturally think a woman would have a better touch here, but a woman was in charge when it all went down.  IT'S NOT ABOUT THE MONEY - THAT'S GONE - YOU BLEW IT.   Think about the future and if this University survives this, because if they keep on keepin' on like this, it could destroy it.  Doesn't seem like that's possible, but I am not so sure anymore.   Nothing this ****** up is worth protecting.  

35 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

He always lacked empathy.  Always.    Talk about the wrong tack here.   I would naturally think a woman would have a better touch here, but a woman was in charge when it all went down.  IT'S NOT ABOUT THE MONEY - THAT'S GONE - YOU BLEW IT.   Think about the future and if this University survives this, because if they keep on keepin' on like this, it could destroy it.  Doesn't seem like that's possible, but I am not so sure anymore.   Nothing this ****** up is worth protecting.  

MSU will survive, but it's reputation will be damaged for a generation - particularly the athletic dept. How much difference does that really make? It depends on whether any of the issues that this case highlights are affecting the experience of the larger student body - particularly the student body not involved in athletics at any level. Universities recruit on their rankings and MSU's will be hurt, but there is also a strong student to student element that goes through families, friends and social media. If in the end this affair doesn't do much to cause students to tell their friends not to apply, than other than being out the money - which is a hardship but which the admin will figure out how to deal with - possibly having to scale back or close a program or two, the University shouldn't be damaged very much.

So the new A.D. at MSU is the Secretary for the Board Of Trustees.

They can't do a thing right.  Not one thing.    Nobody from the Board of Trustees or associated with them should be getting new positions.    

Talk about tone deaf. 

15 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

So the new A.D. at MSU is the Secretary for the Board Of Trustees.

They can't do a thing right.  Not one thing.    Nobody from the Board of Trustees or associated with them should be getting new positions.    

Talk about tone deaf. 

They have bungled every aspect of this from the start. And I do not think it is by accident. I think this is intentional to protect their people. 

1 hour ago, 313DetroitCity said:

They have bungled every aspect of this from the start. And I do not think it is by accident. I think this is intentional to protect their people. 

I think they believe that by the time the next election for Board Of Trustees comes up people will just forget.