Motor City Sonics

The Larry Nassar thing............

Well,  T.U.R.D. Ferguson chuckled at the idea of the NCAA investigating.   Chuckle no more T.U.R.D.      And by the way, when you issue an apology for your flippant remarks - do it yourself, not through a spokesman............yet another thing someone from MSU did wrong.   They just can't seem to do anything right.   

Michigan State looks really bad here...like Penn State bad. I hope it won’t end up being as bad as it seems. 

the fact that Joel Ferguson was so quick to point out how much money Simon raised goes right to the heart of it.   It's only about money.   That's all they truly care about and it's probably like that at every school.        Students (and pretty much everyone else) are capital to them, not people.   I can't believe that in the midst of all this tragedy that he talked about the ******* Breslin Center improvements.    Oh wait, it's Joel Feguson, of course I can believe it.  Joel likes getting attention.  Well, maybe not now.  

17 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

the fact that Joel Ferguson was so quick to point out how much money Simon raised goes right to the heart of it.   It's only about money.   That's all they truly care about and it's probably like that at every school.        Students (and pretty much everyone else) are capital to them, not people.   I can't believe that in the midst of all this tragedy that he talked about the ******* Breslin Center improvements.    Oh wait, it's Joel Feguson, of course I can believe it.  Joel likes getting attention.  Well, maybe not now.  

Cut through to the nub, and Ferguson's statements in effect are the argument that the lives of human beings are a reasonable price to pay for having shiny new toys. Now of course Joel would never admit to that view if challenged with it directly (it is after all, quite the same as the slave holders argument), but there you have it. 

I told my friend yesterday (who attends MSU) that she wouldn’t make it through today. Glad I was right.

Curious to see what the NCAA ends up doing.

I am surprised by the speed of this.

OTOH - she is 70 yrs old now. It's not uncommon for that to be mandatory retirement at a University - AT UM, the regents actually had to waive that to keep Mary Sue Coleman her last year I think. So in a sense, she isn't giving up much - her time was at hand anyway so to speak. Of course she would rather have gone on her own terms.

42 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I am surprised by the speed of this.

OTOH - she is 70 yrs old now. It's not uncommon for that to be mandatory retirement at a University - AT UM, the regents actually had to waive that to keep Mary Sue Coleman her last year I think. So in a sense, she isn't giving up much - her time was at hand anyway so to speak. Of course she would rather have gone on her own terms.

Nah, she goes out in shame during perhaps the greatest scandal in college sports history, even bigger than Penn State.    

Really it is organizations like a college or the US Olympic Committee who should had blown the whistle there.

On 1/18/2018 at 7:23 PM, Shelton said:

This has nothing to do with fandom. 

In some ways it does. The culture of blind support fans often show, coupled with the insane amount of money schools make from collegiate athletics creates a culture where these scumbags have too much power and not enough checks. 

oops, forgot to turn over the docs about Nassar molesting girls to the Title IX people investigating if Nassar molested girls

In Dec. 2016, an attorney with Michigan State general counsel's office informed the federal officials of "unfortunate oversight" that the accusations against Nassar were not included. By this point, Nassar had been fired from Michigan State. The attorney apologized and stated that the missing file may have been due to a staff transition within the Michigan State Title IX office.

https://www.si.com/olympics/2018/01/25/michigan-state-larry-nassar-sexual-assault-documents-title-ix-investigation

25 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

oops, forgot to turn over the docs about Nassar molesting girls to the Title IX people investigating if Nassar molested girls

In Dec. 2016, an attorney with Michigan State general counsel's office informed the federal officials of "unfortunate oversight" that the accusations against Nassar were not included. By this point, Nassar had been fired from Michigan State. The attorney apologized and stated that the missing file may have been due to a staff transition within the Michigan State Title IX office.

https://www.si.com/olympics/2018/01/25/michigan-state-larry-nassar-sexual-assault-documents-title-ix-investigation

Yeah............they forgot....................sure.  

This was institutional - cover your *** at all cost here.    Everyone needs to go now.   The entire board,  Hollis.............Everyone

EVERYONE !

Hollis is going to resign too, good.  Absolutely clean house of anyone who was even tangentially related to this.

1 hour ago, drownwithyou said:

Hollis is going to resign too, good.  Absolutely clean house of anyone who was even tangentially related to this.

100%

Jeebus.  I've been admiring Izzo and Dantonio's programs for years -- turns out they and their administration have a good chance of being scumbags.

Absolutely disgusting.  Give them the death penalty, if they want to put money and careers before the lives that are put in their care then they deserve none of the benefits of having an athletic program.  I'm so mad right now.

4 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Looks like this entire program is about to explode. Good.

I'm saddened and disappointed by it, because I've regarded MSU as a good clean program that is able to get the most from its students.  It also doesn't bode well for the state of Michigan to have this kind of scandal and corruption associated with it.