Mr.TaterSalad

2018 NFL Draft Thread

1 hour ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

When Kurt Cousins wins a Super Bowl next year with the Vikings and 9-7 Matt Stafford is at the golf dome working on his iron play . . .

Because it will definitely happen.

22 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Because it will definitely happen.

A higher probability for Cousins and the Vikings than Stafford and our team.

• Confused 1

Solely because the rest of the Vikings team is better.

Place Stafford on the Vikings and Cousins on the Lions and the Vikings would be in better shape as well.

I live I DC. For what it’s worth, nobody here who has watched Cousins play for the last three seasons is all that sorry to see him go. I am glad to see him in Minnesota. I look forward to him throwing interceptions late in the game.

2 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Are we really in a "much better" roster situation now than when we made the playoffs in 14 and chose Ebron over Donald?

When we chose Ebron over Donald, we were drafting 10th, not coming off making the playoffs and  at the least we have 50 mil at the least to spend next year and aren't too capped out to sign Ansah like we were with Suh. 

The Lions made the playoffs in 2014 and that's the same season they drafted Ebron (that's how the league year works).

4 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Are we really in a "much better" roster situation now than when we made the playoffs in 14 and chose Ebron over Donald?

Yeah, but Cruzer promised Ebron was a real game changer. 

im as big of a pessimist about the lions as anyone, but i cant understand how you can be a lions fan and not appreciate matt stafford.  he's a very good quarterback, sometimes great.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sagnam said:

The Lions made the playoffs in 2014 and that's the same season they drafted Ebron (that's how the league year works).

and?

Lions have had the most visits with Hubbard,Key,Guice and Michel

Other things seem to indicate RB and EDGE are the top two targets early.

All 4 of those guys fit what I believe Buddha listed as Quinn's MO in early rounds - Big school, college production, position of need. 

Edit - All would fit the rumors of a trade down too

23 minutes ago, Nastradamus said:

All 4 of those guys fit what I believe Buddha listed as Quinn's MO in early rounds - Big school, college production, position of need. 

I can't see Michel being picked at #20, so I would imagine Guice is their first round target at RB.

I'm starting to really like Landry. I the the Lions could still get quality RB and interior lineman in rounds 2 and 3 without having to reach.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nastradamus said:

I like Guice but he had a knee injury last season and was playing through it. He seems like a good guy and hard worker. But there are other quality RB that can be had in later rounds without the knee concern. I've seen mocks with guys like Penny going in the 3rd, there is value to be had.

7 hours ago, Nastradamus said:

and?

Are the Lions in a better roster position now than the 2014 team that succeeded despite wasting it's first round pick?   I don't believe so.

9 hours ago, sagnam said:

Are the Lions in a better roster position now than the 2014 team that succeeded despite wasting it's first round pick?   I don't believe so.

Not sure, but that isn't the comparison originally broached fwiw. 

13 hours ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

I like Guice but he had a knee injury last season and was playing through it. He seems like a good guy and hard worker. But there are other quality RB that can be had in later rounds without the knee concern. I've seen mocks with guys like Penny going in the 3rd, there is value to be had.

I don't have to have a RB first round by any means, but if anything the knee injury just makes me worry less about Guice's less than stellar tape last year. 

14 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I can't see Michel being picked at #20, so I would imagine Guice is their first round target at RB.

Possibly. Mcshay  mocked Michel to us yesterday. Not saying he's gospel and it may be complete BS, but it also may mean there are whispers in the NFL world of Michel moving up boards. 

Not sure, but that isn't the comparison originally broached fwiw. 

That’s exactly what the post you quoted broached.

20 hours ago, Nastradamus said:

I don't have to have a RB first round by any means, but if anything the knee injury just makes me worry less about Guice's less than stellar tape last year. 

You just don’t draft a RB in the 1st with a knee injury in a draft where arguably the deepest class is RB. I like him, but it is a stupid move in the 1st.

20 hours ago, Nastradamus said:

Possibly. Mcshay  mocked Michel to us yesterday. Not saying he's gospel and it may be complete BS, but it also may mean there are whispers in the NFL world of Michel moving up boards. 

Michel is mocked all over. From the 1st to third rounds, for whatever that is worth.

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 1:17 AM, sagnam said:

That’s exactly what the post you quoted broached.

We were talking about drafting Ebron over Donald as compared to our 2018 draft plans. So the 2018 roster, not the 2017 roster,  would be compared to the 2014 roster. Good?

11 hours ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

Michel is mocked all over. From the 1st to third rounds, for whatever that is worth.

Yup, exactly. I think he's a lock gone by our 51 for sure, but anywhere from 1st to third is his range. 

11 hours ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

You just don’t draft a RB in the 1st with a knee injury in a draft where arguably the deepest class is RB. I like him, but it is a stupid move in the 1st.

I don't think the knee injury is a factor in anyone's decision on Guice. I have heard nothing indicating it needs to even be noted, much less that it might be serious or recurring. That's what combine medicals and pro days are for. 

Does anybody else think McShay does mock drafts like a fantasy football guy? Or, which is the same thing, like Martin Mayhew? McShay doesn’t seem to get that Round 1 is for QBs and physical freaks, not for guys who are expected to put up fantasy points.

I never saw Michel play, but I’m not a fan of using a first round pick on a guy who is not even the best RB on his own college team.