Jump to content

Mr.TaterSalad

2018 NFL Draft Thread

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Nastradamus said:

Thank you. No desperation moves. Loving Quinn methodically putting together a team that is incredibly deep, talented, versatile and well rounded. 

which team is that?  is quinn gm of another team too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Buddha said:

which team is that?  is quinn gm of another team too?

We get it, you're gonna say the cynical thing and think its the smart thing. Its a cute schtick. I think of you as our only little junior Valenti. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nastradamus said:

We get it, you're gonna say the cynical thing and think its the smart thing. Its a cute schtick. I think of you as our only little junior Valenti. 

can i get a junior valenti salary too?  i think ive earned it.  lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we should be on the radio together.  joey blue skies and junior valenti.

cruzer can be our draft analyst.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

haha, I want Cruzer's role

Not surprised at the reaction to our offseason on Twitter or in the comments section of given websites,  but surprised this board doesn't like it a bit more.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I would like a minor role on this radio show, please.

I wouldn't dream of leaving you out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I would like a minor role on this radio show, please.

your role is to be the annoying caller who wants to trade golden tate for the #1 pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

QB STafford Rudock

RB Riddick BLount Abdullah Zenner Green 

TE Roberts            Valles

WR Jones Tate Golladay Jones Billingsley

OT Decker Wagner Mihalik Robinson/Dahl

OG  Lang Wiggins Dahl

C Glasgow 

DE Ansah   Zettel Washington Hyder Valoaga/Barrett/O'Connor

DT Robinson Spence Ledbetter Ringo (Hyder)

ILB Davis (Jones)

OLB Kennard (Jones) JRM Longa

S Quin Diggs Wilson Kilebrew (Snead)

CB Slay Tabor Lawson Snead Agnew (Diggs)

So there's our roster. Obviously some of the big improvement is going to have to come internally. Both of Quinn's last two classes continuing to grow, Patricia coaching etc. 

That said, some clear holes of course entering the draft

Needs - at least one TE, a RB in the first 2-4 rounds, a dynamic edge with potential to replace Ziggy and a LG. You could add depth and athleticism and safety, but those are longer term needs. Maybe a QB late. 

They are continuing to bring in bodies in FA, Luke WIlson, Brent Celek, Shemar Stephens, RIcky Jean Francois and Matt Slauson of late. Any of those guys could short term fill a hole and allow us to focus on making other postions dominant. I can live with SLauson/Wiggins/Dahl at LG for a year if we upgrade DE, RB and TE, or whatever. 

I personally think we go Landry, RB, DT with our first three picks, ideally Landry at 20 to be  both this year's nickel rusher and the long term Ziggy replacement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they need dlinemen like no one's business.  they had one of the worst dlines in football last year.  

honestly, if there is a stud guard available in round 2, i wouldnt mind seeing them go edge, og, rb, dt.

improve the oline and the running backs will all look better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's possible that the Lions take a top guard in the first, and stay on offense in the 2nd and third with RB Penny and a TE.  I think they will look at Dline later on, but only a rotational type DT with some bulk.  I don't see a lot of 330 lb nt types in this draft, so I think they might take a guy who can flip between DT and DE.  I think they like some of the young guys (Valaoga, Barrett and Ledbetter) that they brought in last year.  I also think they might look to drafting more lb's who are versatile and can play multiple positions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Payne is on the board at #20, I would be very surprised if he is not the Lions’ pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My ideal first two rounds would be BPA at any one of DT, DE and RB.

#1: Vita Vea/DT has become my top target in round one. I don't feel comfortable drafting any of the non-Barkley RB's with a first round pick.

Maurice Husrt/DT, D'Ron Payne/DT, Ogbonnia Okoronkwo/DE, Marcus Davenport/DE are other players I both like and realistically think we could get. If somehow Roquon Smith became available I'd certainly consider drafting him.

#2: Sony Michel/RB is a top target for round two. Ronald Jones/RB, Kerryon Johnson/RB, Braden Smith/G, Arden Key/DE, Duke Ejiofor/DE, Jeff Holland/DE, Harrison, Harrison Phillips/DT are other considerations. I think Ronald Jones has potential first round talent and would rather grab him over Michel. but I suspect he'll be gone by the time we're picking in round two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

If Payne is on the board at #20, I would be very surprised if he is not the Lions’ pick.

Payne over Hurst or Vea?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, cruzer1 said:

I think it's possible that the Lions take a top guard in the first, and stay on offense in the 2nd and third with RB Penny and a TE.  I think they will look at Dline later on, but only a rotational type DT with some bulk.  I don't see a lot of 330 lb nt types in this draft, so I think they might take a guy who can flip between DT and DE.  I think they like some of the young guys (Valaoga, Barrett and Ledbetter) that they brought in last year.  I also think they might look to drafting more lb's who are versatile and can play multiple positions.

i could see them do that for sure.  unless they really fall in love with an edge rusher like landry or davenport.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Payne over Hurst or Vea?

Vea should be long gone. Hurst hasn't been cleared medically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vea should be long gone. Hurst hasn't been cleared medically.

Agreed.

Also Hurst is too small for Patricia’s defense at 280 lbs. Look at Alan Branch (350 lbs.) and Vince Wilfork (325 lbs.) for the size Patricia will be after. Harrison Phillips is in that league, and maybe could be had in the 2nd round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A later round RB if the right (Penny for me) doesn't make it to the Lions pick is Jav Franklin from WMU.  I always liked his style, and he ran a 4.45 at 239 lbs!  Shhh....

DZAD-QTXkAIq1SS.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not saying I'd necessarily advocate it because I'm weary of drafting RBs early but I've seen some mocks that project Barkley to slide down to 7 or 8, if he's still there then would you consider trading up for him, and what would it take?  

Personally depending on how they feel about him I wouldn't have a problem trading this years first and next years first plus maybe a late round pick to move up to get him.   I think the team is at the point where they can take a chance to get a game changer like that.    

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

I'm not saying I'd necessarily advocate it because I'm weary of drafting RBs early but I've seen some mocks that project Barkley to slide down to 7 or 8, if he's still there then would you consider trading up for him, and what would it take?  

Personally depending on how they feel about him I wouldn't have a problem trading this years first and next years first plus maybe a late round pick to move up to get him.   I think the team is at the point where they can take a chance to get a game changer like that.    

no.  too many good rbs available and too many other positions to fill to think about trading up.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2018 at 11:16 AM, Buddha said:

we should be on the radio together.  joey blue skies and junior valenti.

cruzer can be our draft analyst.

If I can get away from work for a minute.  Jeez, been averaging about 60+ hours per.  Getting too old for that crap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 11:15 AM, Jason_R said:

If Payne is on the board at #20, I would be very surprised if he is not the Lions’ pick.

I'm terrified of this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 2:35 PM, cruzer1 said:

Vea should be long gone. Hurst hasn't been cleared medically.

got cleared for the pro day yesterday if ya didn't see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...