Mr.TaterSalad

2018 NFL Draft Thread

On 5/4/2018 at 5:59 PM, Jason_R said:

What is the source?

Beat writer, I can't recall which one. But they said it on a podcast.

I am hearing a lot of buzz around UDFA Meredith

As for Meredith, Monday’s pro day at SEMO was his second as he also participated in Louisville’s. While there, he reportedly recorded a 4.69 40-yard dash time and clocked in a 6.77 in the three-cone drill and 4.25 in the short shuttle, both of which would’ve been top-10 figures at the combine. In addition to speaking with the Jags, Meredith also spoke with scouts from the Detroit Lions and Chicago Bears Monday and told SEMO.com he has a few top-30 visits set up for this month. Though he didn’t specifically say who his top-30 visits will be with, he will be visiting the Jags this month before the draft.

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2018/04/03/jags-met-with-cb-mike-ford-and-lb-chad-meredith-at-southeast-missouri-states-pro-day/

I think he has a shot to make the roster. At 6’4, 240 lbs, Meredith has the prototypical size and weight you want to see out of an EDGE player and is becoming quite the common build for linebacker added to the Lions defense since new head coach Matt Patricia has taken over.

43 minutes ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

Beat writer, I can't recall which one. But they said it on a podcast.

Thanks. I hadn’t seen it written or tweeted. 

Personally, I think it is too early to pass judgment on Tabor. He ran a slow 40 due to a hamstring injury that slowed his development, and he came into a team that had a solid secondary. By the end of the season, he was playing over 50% of defensive snaps, along with special teams. He finished the season with slightly fewer snaps than the CBs taken just near him. Also, remember how Slay got schooled his first year; it is rare that a rookie gets substantial playing time his first season. 

If Tabor is struggling to see the field by the end of the Bye Week, then I’ll start to worry. 

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 11:43 PM, Mr.TaterSalad said:

My fear is that he is simply far too slow to play the corner position in the NFL and as we all know, you can't teach speed.

He didnt' seem too slow shutting down Mike Evans. Not the only top guy he covered down the stretch either.