Jump to content

Mr.TaterSalad

2018 NFL Draft Thread

Recommended Posts

i'm all for getting more picks, but i wouldnt trade out of round one unless its for a very high round 2 pick + another round 2 pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Buddha said:

i'm all for getting more picks, but i wouldnt trade out of round one unless its for a very high round 2 pick + another round 2 pick.

that sounds about right - you can draft 50 guys and you have only taken the best player from the bowl teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just played First-Pick and this was my amazing draft. 

 

I traded down from #20 to Pittsburgh for #28 and their second round pick (#28 as well) and third round pick (#28)

Round 1 #28 -  Maurice Hurst, DT,  Michigan

Round 2 #19 -   Sony Michel, RB, Georgia

Round 2 #28 (From Pitt) -  Breeland Speaks,  DE,  Mississippi

Round 3 #18  -  Hayden Hurst, TE,  South Carolina

Round 3 #28 (From Pitt) -  Frank Ragnow, C, Arkansas

Round 4 #17 - Traded to Seattle for Round 4 #20 and Round 5 #32

Round 4 #20 (From Seattle) - Josh Sweat, OLB, Florida State

Round 5 #16 -  Luke Falk, QB, Washington State

Round 5 #32 (from Seattle) -   Braxton Berrios,  WR, Miami

Round 7 #19   -   Website Frozen,  Microsoft Windows

 

Come on, that's a really good draft,  I'm a genius,. .

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I just played First-Pick and this was my amazing draft. 
 
I traded down from #20 to Pittsburgh for #28 and their second round pick (#28 as well) and third round pick (#28)
Round 1 #28 -  Maurice Hurst, DT,  Michigan
Round 2 #19 -   Sony Michel, RB, Georgia
Round 2 #28 (From Pitt) -  Breeland Speaks,  DE,  Mississippi
Round 3 #18  -  Hayden Hurst, TE,  South Carolina
Round 3 #28 (From Pitt) -  Frank Ragnow, C, Arkansas
Round 4 #17 - Traded to Seattle for Round 4 #20 and Round 5 #32
Round 4 #20 (From Seattle) - Josh Sweat, OLB, Florida State
Round 5 #16 -  Luke Falk, QB, Washington State
Round 5 #32 (from Seattle) -   Braxton Berrios,  WR, Miami
Round 7 #19   -   Website Frozen,  Microsoft Windows
 
Come on, that's a really good draft,  I'm a genius,. .
 
 
 


I particularly love the 7th round pick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I just played First-Pick and this was my amazing draft. 
 
I traded down from #20 to Pittsburgh for #28 and their second round pick (#28 as well) and third round pick (#28)
Round 1 #28 -  Maurice Hurst, DT,  Michigan
Round 2 #19 -   Sony Michel, RB, Georgia
Round 2 #28 (From Pitt) -  Breeland Speaks,  DE,  Mississippi
Round 3 #18  -  Hayden Hurst, TE,  South Carolina
Round 3 #28 (From Pitt) -  Frank Ragnow, C, Arkansas
Round 4 #17 - Traded to Seattle for Round 4 #20 and Round 5 #32
Round 4 #20 (From Seattle) - Josh Sweat, OLB, Florida State
Round 5 #16 -  Luke Falk, QB, Washington State
Round 5 #32 (from Seattle) -   Braxton Berrios,  WR, Miami
Round 7 #19   -   Website Frozen,  Microsoft Windows
 
Come on, that's a really good draft,  I'm a genius,. .
 
 
 

Yes, the seventh round pick I can believe. ;-)

Do we really want another center from Arkansas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CMRivdog said:

 

 


I particularly love the 7th round pick

 

Better than a long snapper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, NYLion said:

Better than a long snapper.

we should draft a qb high to send a message to the team that no one's job is safe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard Derrius Guice interviewed on SiriusXM NFL Network this morning. From my POV he said all the right things. My favorite: “I like to get the ball and get dirty.”

If Round 1 is where you take players who have talent and the character to be leaders, it seemed that Guice has that kind of character. I’m sure he’s getting coached by his agent, but even so, it’s a good sign that he’s following his coaching.

I’m still not generally a fan of taking RBs in the first round, but Guice seems like the kind of guy who would not make you regret selecting him with a high draft pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jason_R said:

I heard Derrius Guice interviewed on SiriusXM NFL Network this morning. From my POV he said all the right things. My favorite: “I like to get the ball and get dirty.”

If Round 1 is where you take players who have talent and the character to be leaders, it seemed that Guice has that kind of character. I’m sure he’s getting coached by his agent, but even so, it’s a good sign that he’s following his coaching.

I’m still not generally a fan of taking RBs in the first round, but Guice seems like the kind of guy who would not make you regret selecting him with a high draft pick.

Seems like a very Quinn guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not gonna happen.

Just my opinion.

It'll be defensive lineman 1st round. RB 2nd round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

please dont taken davenport or a running back in round one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
please dont taken davenport or a running back in round one.

Detroit signed LeGarrette Blount, and even the typically-tight lipped Bob Quinn says that could affect the club's approach to the position in next week's draft.

"It could impact it a little bit," said Quinn, who is entering his third draft as Detroit's general manager. "I mean, I think if we had to go play a football game today, I think we have enough running backs to be competitive.

"Now is that saying I'm not going to take one? I don't know. Tell me who's going to be on the board in the second, third, fourth round. I mean, I don't know."


http:// http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2018/04/bob_quinn_legarrette_blount_si.html#incart_river_mobile_index

Seems like Bob Quinn agrees, at least at RB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If Vea is available at 18, do you trade with Seattle to grab him? Dallas seems to be his floor.

I’d be surprised to see Quinn move up, especially when he only has six picks to begin with. That doesn’t seem to be his M.O., at least in Round 1. He will let the board come to him, then deal in later rounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2018 at 12:43 PM, Jason_R said:


Yes, the seventh round pick I can believe. ;-)

Do we really want another center from Arkansas?

Ragnow is a likely first rounder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ragnow is a likely first rounder.

On some boards.

I was, of course, being tongue in cheek and referring to the lackluster play of Travis Swanson.

But if there are interior OL on the board from Ohio State, Iowa, or Georgia, I have a hard time seeing Quinn picking one from Arkansas.

And if interior OL from those pro style programs are off the board at 20, that probably means a defensive player we would like is on the board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jason_R said:


On some boards.

I was, of course, being tongue in cheek and referring to the lackluster play of Travis Swanson.

But if there are interior OL on the board from Ohio State, Iowa, or Georgia, I have a hard time seeing Quinn picking one from Arkansas.

And if interior OL from those pro style programs are off the board at 20, that probably means a defensive player we would like is on the board.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2018/04/nfl-draft-rumors-bengals-ragnow-brows-barkley-seahawks-vea

Oh, don't worry about where they played at.  Take the best player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

If Vea is available at 18, do you trade with Seattle to grab him? Dallas seems to be his floor.

I guarantee you the Lions will not trade up.  They are looking to trade down only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jason_R said:


The best players typically go to the best programs.

When they are in high school.  When they are in college, they develop differently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      95,755
    • Total Posts
      2,763,953
  • Who's Online (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online

  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
×