MAROTH4MVP

Detroit Lions 2018 Free Agency

4 minutes ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

With the entire roster it is $2,068,788

$6,225,494 with projected draft pool and top 51

I don't know how much they saved yesterday with the reworked contract and then trade. I suppose there is more to come.

2 hours ago, cruzer1 said:

I don't know how much they saved yesterday with the reworked contract and then trade. I suppose there is more to come.

2.25 according to a Lion's beat writer. 

• Like 1

On 5/4/2018 at 8:51 AM, cruzer1 said:

Detroit Lions have some space

Carryover- $4,151,311

Team Cap- $169,651,357

Cap room $11,626,709

https://www.nflpa.com/public-salary-cap-report

The Lions will not sign someone until after Wednesday as it could effect compensatory picks. Lions are rumored to be getting 6th rounder.

Alan Branch, Ricky Jean- Francois are guys the Lions are interested in according to reports.

5 hours ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

The Lions will not sign someone until after Wednesday as it could effect compensatory picks. Lions are rumored to be getting 6th rounder.

Alan Branch, Ricky Jean- Francois are guys the Lions are interested in according to reports.

Makes sense.

7 hours ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

Disappointing in my eyes if they aren't in on Johnathan Hankins. Before training camp cuts come, he is the best defensive line player on the market IMO.

14 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Disappointing in my eyes if they aren't in on Johnathan Hankins. Before training camp cuts come, he is the best defensive line player on the market IMO.

The Lions have met with Hankins. I heard he is asking for 11 million per year. That is why he is still a free agent. No one is willing to pay that. So either he lowers his demands or he remains a free agent. 

Quinn likes to play with the bottom of the roster in season. So the Lions will want some cap space going into the season. It is also nice to have some carryover. 

Pride of Detroit: TJ Lang Makes NFL All Penalties Team

After rarely being penalized in Green Bay Lang comes off last season being one of the most penalized lineman in the league. Is it the fact that he played under Ron Price's scheme? The fact that he had better linemates to play alongside in Green Bay? SOL because he traded green and yellow for Honolulu blue and silver?