MAROTH4MVP

Detroit Lions 2018 Free Agency

19 hours ago, PVM4HTORAM said:

All I know is I want a RB. Crowell is a top FA choice of mine. In the draft though I have a chub For Chubb RB from Georgia. 

He makes a lot of sense. We need more than just him, but he's 25 and runs with power with a history of some production. 

4 hours ago, Nastradamus said:

He's exactly like Riddick though..?

I think he's a tougher runner than Riddick (but he can catch, which is great).  I saw 4 or 5 Cleveland games and the impression I had of that guy was that he was tough to bring down. 

21 hours ago, number20 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he chose the Giants over the Lions. Detroit's a coaching graveyard

The Bill Belichick coaching tree is a coaching graveyard.

lots of good rbs in this draft.  no need to blow your free agent money on one.  go get a pass rusher and another off lineman.

The only players o hope he Lions keep are Worrilow, Nagata and Hayden. The rest can walk. Carey is OK if you are going to carry him for ST.

2 minutes ago, Buddha said:

lots of good rbs in this draft.  no need to blow your free agent money on one.  go get a pass rusher and another off lineman.

The artgument is that you need 2 rbs. Relying on a rookie RB unless he is a top pick is a bad idea. I am on board with signing a veteran RB at a reasonable contract and also drafting one. Tired of not having a run game. Someone always gets hurt and generally RB make decent special team players due to their speed. Abdullah looks done after Linsfranc injury. So all the Lions have are Riddick and Green. They need 2 more RBs in my opinion.

15 minutes ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

The artgument is that you need 2 rbs. Relying on a rookie RB unless he is a top pick is a bad idea. I am on board with signing a veteran RB at a reasonable contract and also drafting one. Tired of not having a run game. Someone always gets hurt and generally RB make decent special team players due to their speed. Abdullah looks done after Linsfranc injury. So all the Lions have are Riddick and Green. They need 2 more RBs in my opinion.

i am fine with a rookie rb, riddick, and green.  they can take a flyer on a low cost rb in free agency if they feel they need 4 backs.  spending big money on a free agent rb is dumb when there are so many cheap alternatives who can get you similar production.

38 minutes ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

The only players o hope he Lions keep are Worrilow, Nagata and Hayden. The rest can walk. Carey is OK if you are going to carry him for ST.

Worrilow might have been the worst player on the roster.  He has to go.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, T&P_Fan said:

Worrilow might have been the worst player on the roster.  He has to go.  

Ebron dropped a pass on his way to challenge this post

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 1:55 PM, Buddha said:

i am fine with a rookie rb, riddick, and green.  they can take a flyer on a low cost rb in free agency if they feel they need 4 backs.  spending big money on a free agent rb is dumb when there are so many cheap alternatives who can get you similar production.

Many teams who invested heavily in RB made it pretty far. 

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:46 PM, Keepleyland2 said:

Ebron dropped a pass on his way to challenge this post

Oh come on

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 4:03 PM, Motor City Sonics said:

I think he's a tougher runner than Riddick (but he can catch, which is great).  I saw 4 or 5 Cleveland games and the impression I had of that guy was that he was tough to bring down. 

Pretty much identical IMO. That's why he only plays the same specialized role despite Crowell struggling in front of him

30 minutes ago, Keepleyland2 said:

-- said every fan to Ebron 

Oh come on.

Seriously though, I'm no big Ebron fan and I'll say that he was a much better player once the trade deadline passed, made some great catches actually.  Whether or not this translates to next season is another story.

2 hours ago, Nastradamus said:

Many teams who invested heavily in RB made it pretty far. 

true, like jahvid best and mikel leshoure.

1 minute ago, Buddha said:

true, like jahvid best and mikel leshoure.

I was thinking more like Barry Sanders but I'm sure we can on and on with failed and successful RB draft picks. 

26 minutes ago, NYLion said:

Oh come on.

Seriously though, I'm no big Ebron fan and I'll say that he was a much better player once the trade deadline passed, made some great catches actually.  Whether or not this translates to next season is another story.

Regardess he wasn't within 20 spots of worst player on the roster, so lets just not

• Like 1

Just now, Motown Bombers said:

I was thinking more like Barry Sanders but I'm sure we can on and on with failed and successful RB draft picks. 

this is the lions.  we could go on and on about failed picks and acquisitions at any position.

there's a lot of different ways to build teams.  i dont think you need to spend big money getting a running back.  ymmv.

1 minute ago, Buddha said:

this is the lions.  we could go on and on about failed picks and acquisitions at any position.

there's a lot of different ways to build teams.  i dont think you need to spend big money getting a running back.  ymmv.

Invest heavily doesn't mean big money and the players you listed weren't big money free agents.

5 minutes ago, Nastradamus said:

Regardess he wasn't within 20 spots of worst player on the roster, so lets just not

Talent wise no. But, a lot goes into the equation -- at least for me -- than just pure talent. Between drive killing drops and the toxic atmosphere it creates. He's right up there for me. 

7 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Invest heavily doesn't mean big money and the players you listed weren't big money free agents.

invest heavily can mean more than one thing, not just what you say it is.

invest heavily could be spending huge money for leveon bell, for instance.  it could mean spending money on three different backs.

i prefer that they spend a draft pick on a running back this year.  be that guice in rd 1 or chubb or scarborough later on.  with decent scouting, they should be able to find one in the middle rounds.  

2 minutes ago, Buddha said:

invest heavily can mean more than one thing, not just what you say it is.

invest heavily could be spending huge money for leveon bell, for instance.  it could mean spending money on three different backs.

i prefer that they spend a draft pick on a running back this year.  be that guice in rd 1 or chubb or scarborough later on.  with decent scouting, they should be able to find one in the middle rounds.  

And yet you brought up failed RB picks in counter to invest heavily and now want them to draft a RB?

Just now, Motown Bombers said:

And yet you brought up failed RB picks in counter to invest heavily and now want them to draft a RB?

yup.

If we don't bring Ziggy back are we almost forced to spend a first rounder on a DE? I feel, given the lack of quality talent available in free agency, we are forced into taking pass rusher/DE in the first if Quinn lets Ziggy walk.