Sydney_Fife

2018 NBA Trade Deadline

16 hours ago, Deleterious said:

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6990321

Cleveland adds the Brooklyn pick, which is losing value with Brooklyn doing better than expected.

Cleveland would love to get away from that terrible Thompson contract. This let's them add defense, which they need bad, and some scoring to take the load off of LeBron.

Plus it would be fun watching IT and AB beat Boston.

I assume they say take JR not Thompson. 

For me if the Pistons make a move I'd love to see them snag Bazemore in a deal involving Stanley and Leuer. Hopefully no first. I'll do Reggie and a first for George Hill though...

5 minutes ago, Nastradamus said:

I assume they say take JR not Thompson. 

Think so?

I don't care either way, I just want the pick so I'm fine with Smith. Just seems Thompson is an afterthought now with Love playing a lot more 5.

1 minute ago, Deleterious said:

Think so?

I don't care either way, I just want the pick so I'm fine with Smith. Just seems Thompson is an afterthought now with Love playing a lot more 5.

I could be wrong, but they don't have anyone else like TT, who does have a fit against some lineups. At the 2/3/4 you have James,Harris,Crowder,Shump,Korver,Bradley,Wade. Not much left for JR. I could be wrong though. 

15 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Interesting that they discussed Jackson/Kennard for Fournier. 

I'd have to do that. You basically hope Kennard becomes Fournier and I'd love the open spot to upgrade PG

We aren't making this move right now, but I think Drummond and Bradley is what makes Cleveland the most interesting. Thompson,Frye,Crowder,Brooklyn,Zicic seems fair

1 hour ago, Nastradamus said:

We aren't making this move right now, but I think Drummond and Bradley is what makes Cleveland the most interesting. Thompson,Frye,Crowder,Brooklyn,Zicic seems fair

They are pretty committed to Love at C.

6 hours ago, Buddha said:

please dont deal a #1 pick for niko.

I have a bad feeling SVG is going to send that pick out for a quick fix, but I really hope I'm wrong.

9 hours ago, Nastradamus said:

I'd have to do that. You basically hope Kennard becomes Fournier and I'd love the open spot to upgrade PG

Kennard's contract is so good for the next few seasons, I just don't know.

I really like Fournier, and really want to get rid of Jackson's contract--just seems like there is a better way to upgrade but it's tough to trust SVG.

• Like 1

I'm hearing the Pistons are open to moving Langston Galloway for an all star caliber player as well

No, SVG vetoed it. Never mind

10 hours ago, Buddha said:

please dont deal a #1 pick for niko.

I don't like Tobias as a 3, so its an odd move to me. That said, I don't value our 1st where its likely to be a whole lot either. 

1 hour ago, Nastradamus said:

GS is just going to shred that though

They will do that to anyone. 

He had to play PF last year and look how bad he was. Moving to C won't change much but it will be a bit better.

12 hours ago, mickeyb105 said:

I have a bad feeling SVG is going to send that pick out for a quick fix, but I really hope I'm wrong.

SVG has won practically every trade he has had in Detroit. My worry with him isn't in the trade market, it is with free agency. 

• Like 1