6 minutes ago, Shelton said:

Trey Burke

Derek Walton

Darius Morris

Championship!

5 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

Championship!

Just trade for caris and nik and glen and Mitch and Tim while we are at it

Reggie being injured hurts because you'd really like to include him a package headed out the door but teams may be more reluctant to take on an injured player who just came off a different injury.

2 hours ago, mickeyb105 said:

Top three attainable point guards the Pistons should make a run at. 

Anyone? 

What is Brandon Jennings up to?

The Pistons need to clear salary.

Counting Bradleys cap hold of just over $13M they have $119,225,097 committed next year.  Bradley should get more than $13M so that number probably goes up.  Toss in their 1st round pick and they are well over $120M.  We'll have to wait and see the final numbers for next years cap, but that should put them over the luxury tax.

38 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Counting Bradleys cap hold of just over $13M they have $119,225,097 committed next year.  Bradley should get more than $13M so that number probably goes up.  Toss in their 1st round pick and they are well over $120M.  We'll have to wait and see the final numbers for next years cap, but that should put them over the luxury tax.

Attaching a pick to someone should do the trick. 

I’d be trying for Tyreke Evans. He can run point while Jackson is out. 

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

Because SVG is a terrible GM.

10 hours ago, Buddha said:

Because SVG is a terrible GM.

I think the starters are paid pretty fairly, it's the bench guys that he overpays.  I mean, what the **** is the point in paying that much for Galloway and Boban if he's not going to play them and it's not like they are complete zeros when they are on the court if given a proper role to suit their limited abilities. 

SVG the coach I question more than SVG the GM.  The GM has made some nice trades and put together a competitive roster compared to the barren wasteland he inherited, he's a mixed bag as GM with good trades, hit or miss on signings and poor drafting.  It's the coach who struggles with the rotations, drawing up plays out of timeouts, clock management etc.

Biyombo is a better player than Moreland. But on a dollar:performance ratio I will stick with Moreland. 

Biyombo is grossly overpaid and I don't want to pay him $17M per year for 2.5 more years.

17 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Biyombo is a better player than Moreland. But on a dollar:performance ratio I will stick with Moreland. 

Biyombo is grossly overpaid and I don't want to pay him $17M per year for 2.5 more years.

But compared to paying Boban and Leuer to do very little, I'll take Biyombo for his defense and rebounding ability.

1 hour ago, Sydney_Fife said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ybut9p7o

I'd offer this up to Orlando. No picks on each side. Pistons guarantee Buycks.

PG: Ish, Augustin, Buycks

SG: Bradley, Kennard, Bullock

SF: Bullock, Johnson, Harris

PF: Harris, Tolliver, Ellenson

C: Drummond, Biyombo, Moreland

why would orlando do that?

Someone call OKC for a feeler . . .

OKC gets Bradley, Johnson, Ellenson, Tolliver

DET gets Patterson, Johnson, Ferguson and Abrines

OKC gets another piece to make a run at GSW, with two lottery tickets in Johnson and Ellenson.  Tolliver takes Pattersons spot in the rotation.

Detroit gets an athletic lottery ticket in Ferguson and an underutilized, sweet-shooting swingman in Abrines.  Johnson is trade filler, but a load down low given minutes.  Patterson is having a bad year, but he's a better Tolliver locked up at a good-enough price for two more seasons.

This trade isn't as sexy as some, but has upside for the long-term.

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/4230546/terrance-ferguson

30 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

But compared to paying Boban and Leuer to do very little, I'll take Biyombo for his defense and rebounding ability.

Ok I agree with that. Although I think his defense is overrated.

1 hour ago, Buddha said:

why would orlando do that?

Dump Biyombo contract. Boban expires a year prior so it'll save them some money. Augustin/Galloway a wash.

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

Ok I agree with that. Although I think his defense is overrated.

It is, but he'd instantly become our best rim protector and give us a rebounder on the second unit.

2 hours ago, mickeyb105 said:

How about Harris, Boban and Tolliver to the Bulls for Mirotec and RoLo?

the bulls are rebuilding and want younger players with potential.  no need for boban harris and tolliver.

We are we dealing an 18 PPG scorer on an offensively challenged team that is 25 years old and shooting over 40 percent from three?

I think as far as Galloway is concerned, Coach SVG has been the real culprit making that signing look bad. We're 11.2 points per 100 possessions when Langston Galloway is on the floor. They're outscored by 4.4 points per 100 possessions when he isn't on the floor.

1 hour ago, Buddha said:

the bulls are rebuilding and want younger players with potential.  no need for boban harris and tolliver.

I think in any trade that involves a talented player (not talking bench guys here...), we are going to have to consider including not just salary filler (Boban, Leuer, etc...); but also 1 or 2 of SJ/ Ellenson/ Kennard, and plus a 1st rounder. Depends on who the target(s) is.

IE: Let's say we can talk Orlando into including Payton in a Fournier deal (they like Elfrid, but...); for Reggie/ Buycks/ Stanley works on Trade Machine, plus we'd have to add a 1st and 2nd rounder? This trade may be off/ turned down by 1 or both teams... I'm just saying... the structure will probably need to be along those lines.

IE: Ellenson/ Kennard/ Galloway Trade-Machine-works for Tyreke/ Brandon Wright, plus we add in a 1st. Except... we don't get Bird Rights so it doesn't work for us. We turn it down. Would Memphis say yes to that? They have (3) $20+mill players already and they still suck, so they are probably stuck on Evans. Trade him or let him walk for nothing. I think they say yes. But we say no.

I would look at deals along these lines though... Pain in the *** to actually make them work though (team-wise I mean, not TM-wise...)

Teams are trading good players for nothing but a draft pick in order to stay away from luxury tax, or afford paying another player. Some are even trading a draft pick WITH a player. Pistons should take advantage.