Sydney_Fife

2018 NBA Trade Deadline

13 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Michael Beasley having a real nice season for the Knicks. He’s getting the vet minimum. 

Pistons are paying Boban, Galloway, and Leuer a combined 24 million. 

the bulls got justin holliday for 2/9.  

galloway for 3/21.

its like if svg wants a player, he agrees to pay him whatever the guy wants and if he doesnt want him he lets him walk for nothing.

On 1/6/2018 at 12:04 PM, Buddha said:

its like if svg wants a player, he agrees to pay him whatever the guy wants and if he doesnt want him he lets him walk for nothing.

And when he pays the guy what he wants, he then decides he doesn't want him.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

And when he pays the guy what he wants, he then decides he doesn't want him.

xD

I just found out something interesting about Boban and his contract. Even though his cap hit is $7M next year, the team owes him $9.5M. 

That makes it more difficult to trade him. But teams can include cash in a trade so maybe Detroit could do that to cover some of his salary.

I think Leuer is a candidate to get moved and the Pistons would roll with Moreland/Boban behind Drummond.

Obviously difficult for him to be traded while he's hurt.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/Woj22002854/nba-trade-deadline-biggest-storylines-potential-deals-watch-adrian-wojnarowski

There are far more teams chasing wing players -- shooting guards/small forwards -- than quality talent available at those positions. Drafts have been lean on those spots in recent years, and they're in great demand now.

Detroit, New Orleans, New York and Portland are a few of the teams most interested in upgrades, but the true list is much longer.

Detroit pursued a deal for Fournier, but that would've been hard to execute without Reggie Jackson's contract included -- even if Detroit decided to include promising rookie Luke Kennard. Jackson will be sidelined for another month-plus with a severely sprained ankle.

Detroit has remained one of the most aggressive teams on the early market, reflective of the Stan Van Gundy regime's desire to win now.

Also from that article.

Memphis wants to find a first-round pick for Tyreke Evans, but that is likely to prove difficult.

He is playing really well this season.  Little old at 28 but the real problem is his contract.  Expiring and it was a one year deal so no Bird rights.  The Pistons could only sign him to 175% of this years salary, which is $3.3M.  I don't see him sticking around for $5.7M.  

Be a nice upgrade at SF though and help the bench with Bullock moving back there.  

Are they really trying to trade Fournier?  

Pretty decent player who can play both SG/SF, create a little for himself, and a good shooter.  Locked up long term on an OK but not great contract.  Seems like they should keep him.

Fournier is a nice asset for the Magic, and a guy I could see them flipping to a contender if the offer is right.

But definitely no need to sell on him under market value.

As far as Detroit goes, it should be future PG or bust for them.  Perhaps they could take a minor gamble on a stretch 4 type like Adreian Payne or a larger one on Skal Labissiere.  A deal that would send Ellenson (plus something else) for Labissiere would be fantastic.

we will deal a first round pick for someone.

20 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Are they really trying to trade Harris?  

Pretty decent player who can play both SF/PF, create a little for himself, and a good shooter.  Locked up long term on an OK but not great contract.  Seems like they should keep him.

FTFY. 

Sound familiar?

Anyway, it seems like the 1st rounder is almost assuredly gone in any deal.  I don't think it's the right move but SVG doesn't have a lot of time to start a new rebuild so I get it from his perspective.  Mirotic would be interesting but it gets a little crowded with him, no? 

Fournier is a better player than Harris. And Harris has improved quite a bit since he was traded. Fournier isn't useless on defense and can guard two spots where Harris is a bad defender at PF and just terrible at SF. 

Harris was also about a 33% from three shooter when traded. If he maintains his current 3PT% this year it will be the third year Fournier has shot 40% or better from 3. 

As far as it being crowded, hopefully Niko would be the first of two trades. With the second being Harris dealt for a PG.

But if they kept Harris I would like him to come off the bench and leave Bullock starting at SF. 15 mpg for Harris at PF when Mirotic sits and 15 more minutes when Mirotic is playing center when Drummond sits.

Let Harris play the Jamal Crawford role of the bench.

But if the Bulls insist on a first for Mirotic, they have to eat some salary.

I try Leuer but would settle for Boban.

niko plays 0 defense, doesnt pass, and is an all around weird dude that no one seems to like.

but he's found his stroke lately and is scoring well off the bench.  seems like the stretch 4 that svg has always dreamed about since he got here.

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

Fournier is a better player than Harris. And Harris has improved quite a bit since he was traded. Fournier isn't useless on defense and can guard two spots where Harris is a bad defender at PF and just terrible at SF. 

Harris was also about a 33% from three shooter when traded. If he maintains his current 3PT% this year it will be the third year Fournier has shot 40% or better from 3. 

As far as it being crowded, hopefully Niko would be the first of two trades. With the second being Harris dealt for a PG.

But if they kept Harris I would like him to come off the bench and leave Bullock starting at SF. 15 mpg for Harris at PF when Mirotic sits and 15 more minutes when Mirotic is playing center when Drummond sits.

Let Harris play the Jamal Crawford role of the bench.

My general point is that Orlando is known for dealing good young players on decent contracts, seems to be a pattern with them.

I don't know if I like the idea of trading Harris, he's one of the few Pistons who can create his own shot, him and Reggie basically. Mirotic from what I've seen is more of a spot up shooter like Anderson but I could be wrong, I haven't seen a ton of him to be honest.

6 minutes ago, NYLion said:

My general point is that Orlando is known for dealing good young players on decent contracts, seems to be a pattern with them.

I don't know if I like the idea of trading Harris, he's one of the few Pistons who can create his own shot, him and Reggie basically. Mirotic from what I've seen is more of a spot up shooter like Anderson but I could be wrong, I haven't seen a ton of him to be honest.

It isn't even the same management team that traded Harris. They have a new GM since that trade.

• Thanks 1

Top three attainable point guards the Pistons should make a run at. 

Anyone? 

41 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

It isn't even the same management team that traded Harris. They have a new GM since that trade.

Ok, didn't know that.

1 hour ago, mickeyb105 said:

Top three attainable point guards the Pistons should make a run at. 

Anyone? 

Trey Burke

Derek Walton

Darius Morris