Sydney_Fife

2018 NBA Trade Deadline

Figure we can keep the trade talk and crazy trade proposals and rumors on one thread. About 5 weeks until the deadline. 

2 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Figure we can keep the trade talk and crazy trade proposals and rumors on one thread. About 5 weeks until the deadline. 

Like you can limit where I talk crazy.  

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/01/pistons-notes-bradley-leuer-bullock-galloway.html
Note about Leuer:

• Forward Jon Leuer, who hasn’t played since October 31st due to an ankle injury, could be headed to surgery if his condition doesn’t improve soon. Leuer received a joint lubrication injection for his sprained left ankle a month ago after suffering a setback. He was put on anti-inflammatory medication recently to aid the healing process. Van Gundy hopes that Leuer will show significant progress by next weekend. “I can’t tell him to play and I can’t tell him to go get surgery,” Van Gundy said. “At that point, if we’ve gone another 12 days and we haven’t had anything change, he’s going to have to make some decisions on what he wants to do.”

15 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I'll bet surgery.

That would make sense for him, as he's getting paid for the following two seasons regardless. 

Leuer being out basically takes him off the trade market. 

Pistons could potentially package Johnson and Boban for something. 

I really struggle to come up with a trade for AB.

Someone mentioned Green and the Spurs first round pick. I guess I would do that.

21 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

I really struggle to come up with a trade for AB.

Someone mentioned Green and the Spurs first round pick. I guess I would do that.

I would love to go shopping on Pop's bench.

What kind of deal do you think Anderson gets after the season?  Pop decided not to extend him, so does that mean he lets him go without matching an offer?  Does Anderson have enough ceiling to be an attractive player for Detroit?  He came into the league known for passing, but he doesn't get the rock enough in SA to really flash secondary facilitator ability.  The length he provides on D is nice . . .

7 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

I would love to go shopping on Pop's bench.

What kind of deal do you think Anderson gets after the season?  Pop decided not to extend him, so does that mean he lets him go without matching an offer?  Does Anderson have enough ceiling to be an attractive player for Detroit?  He came into the league known for passing, but he doesn't get the rock enough in SA to really flash secondary facilitator ability.  The length he provides on D is nice . . .

It's hard to offer a guy an extension that averages about 3 PPG.  It wouldn't have made much sense for Anderson either.  He had almost nothing to lose by playing out this year with hopes he puts up better numbers and gets a better offer this summer.  Which I think has now happened, assuming he doesn't tank in the 2nd half of the year.

I think SA matches any reasonable deal.  4/$32M or around there.  If some team wants him they will have to pay a lot so SA doesn't match.  So maybe he gets lucky and gets a 4/$48 offer or something crazy like that.  

1 minute ago, Deleterious said:

It's hard to offer a guy an extension that averages about 3 PPG.  It wouldn't have made much sense for Anderson either.  He had almost nothing to lose by playing out this year with hopes he puts up better numbers and gets a better offer this summer.  Which I think has now happened, assuming he doesn't tank in the 2nd half of the year.

I think SA matches any reasonable deal.  4/$32M or around there.  If some team wants him they will have to pay a lot so SA doesn't match.  So maybe he gets lucky and gets a 4/$48 offer or something crazy like that.  

Same question, but about Bertans?

14 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

Same question, but about Bertans?

3/$12M-$15M maybe.  

Spurs players are really hard for me to evaluate.  You could make an argument that almost all of them overachieve because of the system.  And turn around and make an argument for all of them that they underachieve because they play such a team driven system.  

26 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

3/$12M-$15M maybe.  

Spurs players are really hard for me to evaluate.  You could make an argument that almost all of them overachieve because of the system.  And turn around and make an argument for all of them that they underachieve because they play such a team driven system.  

Right on.

Bertans is a guy I've followed since he was initially projected as possible a lottery pick back in the 2011 and lumped in with the immortal Jan Vesely.

Bertans has really improved since then, IMO, and I really like his aggression.

I am hoping the Pistons sell. They are not good enough to win a championship and have better odds of getting lucky on a draft pick than trading for a retread. 

1 hour ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

I am hoping the Pistons sell. They are not good enough to win a championship and have better odds of getting lucky on a draft pick than trading for a retread. 

What is your definition of  retread in the NBA?  

To be a championship threat, the Pistons will need both great draft picks for a few years as well as savvy personnel additions from other teams. 

One might say that Bill Laimbeer, Vinnie Johnson, James Edwards, Ben Wallace and Chauncey Billups were all retreads when they came to Detroit. 

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

Avery Bradley, 2018 and 2020 first round picks for CJ McCollum.

I thought that was true for two seconds and got pretty happy.

Charlotte wouldn't want to keep Bradley so that is basically two picks for Kemba. Not enough IMO.

Kemba it's also on a great contract, $12M per, so there is absolutely no need to move him. I would wait until the summer since picks will most likely be involved. Kemba will make a team better, making this year's pick worse. Wait until the summer when draft slots are locked in.

Charlotte would be crazy to trade Kemba unless the offer was just too good to pass up.

The should try to get one more first round pick this year, perhaps in some kind of deal sending Howard to a team like MKE, TOR or CLE making a run. Would Pop put together a package? He could certainly have the best shot of getting the most out of Howard going forward. 

Michael Beasley having a real nice season for the Knicks. He’s getting the vet minimum. 

Pistons are paying Boban, Galloway, and Leuer a combined 24 million. 

• Thanks 1