Motor City Sonics

NFL Playoff Predictions

WOW..............WHAT A 4TH QUARTER IN MINNESOTA..................WHAT A FINISH !  THAT WAS INCREDIBLE

Reminds me of the first night game at the BIG HOUSE.  

I have no idea how something like that could happen.  Grab the receiver's leg and the game is over.  Duck your head and run underneath the receiver without touching him and ... the game is over the other way.

Damn that safety crapped the bed big time, I don't know what he was thinking.  The only thing I can think of is that he was afraid of hitting him and getting a penalty for hitting a defenseless receiver because it's like he completely tried to avoid hitting him.  

3 hours ago, sagnam said:

The Steeler’s use of the clock on their final drive is difficult to understand. Granted they were down 10 so it likely didn’t matter, but they didn’t even give themselves a chance.

And that squib kick ...

I didn't get that.

3 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Damn that safety crapped the bed big time, I don't know what he was thinking.  The only thing I can think of is that he was afraid of hitting him and getting a penalty for hitting a defenseless receiver because it's like he completely tried to avoid hitting him.  

Watching the replay, the safety got there early. If he hit him, it would have been pass interference. 

If the Jags win next week that will knock one more team off the list of franchises to never be in a Super Bowl.  I believe that would leave just us, the Browns and Texans.  

5 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

If the Jags win next week that will knock one more team off the list of franchises to never be in a Super Bowl.  I believe that would leave just us, the Browns and Texans.  

The Jaguars, who have been in the league since the 90's, have already been to more conference championship games than the Lions and have more playoff wins this year than the entire Lions history. 

He better take the Greyhound Bus back to New Orleans. I cannot imagine being him on that flight.

The safety, to me, was trying to make a spectacular hit by taking Diggs' legs out from under him instead of just grabbing and holding on.  Diggs would not have had enough time to even get out of bound there.  

Foles, Keenum, Bortles -   Gee, maybe you DON'T need a 25 million dollar quarterback after all. 

So I am clear about my position, if Stafford isn't good enough or doesn't play well enough to be successful in the play-offs, then that is the argument.

His salary is largely -> entirely independent of that.

3 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

The safety, to me, was trying to make a spectacular hit by taking Diggs' legs out from under him instead of just grabbing and holding on.  Diggs would not have had enough time to even get out of bound there.  

False. There were 4 seconds on the clock when he almost went to the ground right next to the sideline. Plenty of time to get out of bounds.

for as much as Williams is being blamed for allowing the touchdown, the Vikings still would have been able to line up for a very makeable field goal. 

Being near the sideline isn’t enough, Diggs would have had to get to the sideline before going to the ground and even then going out of bounds sideways should result in a call of forward progress being stopped.

1 hour ago, Shelton said:

False. There were 4 seconds on the clock when he almost went to the ground right next to the sideline. Plenty of time to get out of bounds.

for as much as Williams is being blamed for allowing the touchdown, the Vikings still would have been able to line up for a very makeable field goal. 

But if Williams had just grabbed him instead of trying to undercut him, it would have probably stopped him from getting out of bounds quickly, his momentum was not going that way, he had his back turned to the sideline.    It was a horrible miscalculation from a pretty good player.    

Maybe maybe not. My point is that there was time. Whether they would have been able keep him in bounds is difficult to say. He was close enough that he had a very good chance to get out of bounds. 

15 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

The Jaguars, who have been in the league since the 90's, have already been to more conference championship games than the Lions and have more playoff wins this year than the entire Lions history. 

You're fake news!

This is only true if you limit it to the SuperBowl era.  The Lions have 4 pre-superbowl playoff wins.

There is an all 22 video that shows the mistake pretty well. Williams got there too early and had to really alter his path to avoid interfering. If he plays just a bit softer when the ball is in the air and he stays on his feet and gets between diggs and the sideline, he can probably keep diggs in bounds. If he is a split second later and hits diggs legs after diggs catches ball, diggs is flipped in the air and lands on the ground. Williams mistimed it, and it was a mistake, obviously. But I don’t fault him for going for the hit the way he did. He was maybe a foot away from making the perfect play. It’s not easy, because if he is playing softer and allowing the catch, diggs probably makes it out of bounds. 

Well, this weekend pretty much sucked in terms of what I wnated to happen...

I wanted the Steelers to win... sorta my 'AFC' team.  I didn't want the Pats to win just because they've won so much I just sorta start wanted to see someone else... plus it would hopefully get the Lions coach vacancy filled faster.  I didn't care too much about Atlanta/Eagles... I think Atlanta would be better against the Vikings D, but at least with the Eagles winning the Viks have to travel.  And I VERY MUCH didn't want the Vikings to win being a division rival and all.