Sydney_Fife

Game 35: Spurs @ Pistons

Stanley Johnson is out. SVG says he hopes Johnson and Bradley will return on Wednesday for their next game  

I’d love to see Boban get a chance tonight. Pistons are down half their rotation almost. 

39-36 Pistons at the half.

Great defense by the Pistons. Another huge run surrendered though. 16-2 Spurs at one point. 

• Like 1

Didn't watch this game but quick check of the box score shows some good things.  Mainly, we have some guys scoring besides Tobias Harris that should be able to score more in subsequent games.  Kennard and Bullock scoring 20 is not like Stanley Johnson scoring 20 points.  Both have some untapped potential to score and good looking jump shots.  Maybe this can be something to build on.  

Wow. That was the best defensive effort I’ve seen from the Pistons in the last decade. 

Great, great win. Down 4 rotation players and they beat the Spurs. 

• Like 1

god bless the nba.  so hard to predict who will show up on amy given night.

Kennard and Bullock were 8-12 from 3. Rest of the team was 0-12. Yeesh

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Pistons 20-15 heading into 3 days off. They have a stretch coming up of

@ Heat, @ 76ers, Rockets (b2b), @ Pelicans, @ Nets, @ Bulls 

Thatll take them to 41 games. We have one of the easier second half schedules. 

the pistons winning percentage is the best of the Detroit pro sports franchises even if the Lions win tomorrow. Who saw that coming a couple of years ago?

:D

Missed the game so I expected to see a loss when I checked the box score and was more than pleasantly surprised to see that they not only beat the Spurs but trounced them.  Well done Pistons.  One thing about this team is that they play very well against the big boys the one Cleveland game notwithstanding.

SVG plays his best two shooters a combined 64 minutes next to the best facilitator on the team and the Pistons win.  I like it. 

Didn't watch.

From the minute distribution on the box score it looks like Buycks ran point for the 2nd unit and Galloway was the SG?

46 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Didn't watch.

From the minute distribution on the box score it looks like Buycks ran point for the 2nd unit and Galloway was the SG?

Yes

Man, the Pistons schedule after January is very light. February, March, and the couple weeks in April are very favorable. 

They have a 6 game west coast swing in March. Other than that they have a lot of home games after this upcoming road stretch. February, March, April have gotta be one of the easiest schedules of any team. 

4 hours ago, Hart said:

Didn't watch this game but quick check of the box score shows some good things.  Mainly, we have some guys scoring besides Tobias Harris that should be able to score more in subsequent games.  Kennard and Bullock scoring 20 is not like Stanley Johnson scoring 20 points.  Both have some untapped potential to score and good looking jump shots.  Maybe this can be something to build on.  

Kennard looked assertive and confident. Almost like he was comfortable knowing SVG couldnt yank him out and bench him because all the injuries. 

• Like 1