mickeyb105

The 2018 Outback Bowl: Michigan vs South Carolina

The punting game on both sides better be improved next season. No excuses for that JV performance we saw all season long. Poor special teams is my biggest pet peeve. 

2 hours ago, Kamakzie said:

Is Harbaugh doesn't beat the big two next year he should be fired.

Big 3.  Notre Dame is back and all 3 rivals are on the road.    And I have this feeling Scott Frost is going to come to Ann Arbor and beat Hypebaugh next year which would be incredibly embarrassing.    

Hypebaugh gets 2 years (because of those road games).   If he doesn't at the least get to a Big Ten championship game by 2019 he should be fired but I don't think Michigan has the guts to do it.     

I am already hearing the young team excuse.   Sorry, MSU was just as  young as Michigan and they went out and just won.   

Jim Hypebaugh - Walking Headline Machine

Mark Dantonio - GREAT College Football Coach

Big difference.   

But we'll get the same old song and dance from Michigan next year about how they have the most wins in football history.    Just most of it isn't recent history.    Very overrated program who would not win in the West Division either.   

2 Offensive coaches make at least a million dollars.   Money well-spent.   

1 hour ago, Buddha said:

they werent a good team before that.

dpj and peters got worse as the year went on.  the oline never improved.  and in the end, the defense got shredded in the 4th quarter in the last three games of the season.

there is nothing positive about this season.  yes, i thought they would lose 4 games, but i never expected them to play like that against a bad south carolina team.

next year's schedule is brutal, but if patterson can play they need to win 10 games or else it might be time to question the coaching staff.

Turnovers are a ******. 

Peters got much worse after coming out after the face mask play.  JOK's gift was wasted. Kinda think Peters is soft going forward and should seriously consider transfering. 

Sorry you hated the season so much.   An off-season with this new S&C coach is sorely needed.  Gary looked light today, receivers couldn't beat the jam and the OL has a lot of projects. 

Much like in 2008, this talented defense wore down as the offense forced them onto the field more and more. 

The program needs continuity, coaching and time to reset.  No more big trips abroad, more football. 

WTKA will be interesting tomorrow.   Sam & Ira will be an excuse machine.  They can't really criticize the program or they risk losing their jobs.   Not a fun tightrope to walk.    

51 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

Turnovers are a ******. 

Peters got much worse after coming out after the face mask play.  JOK's gift was wasted. Kinda think Peters is soft going forward and should seriously consider transfering. 

Sorry you hated the season so much.   An off-season with this new S&C coach is sorely needed.  Gary looked light today, receivers couldn't beat the jam and the OL has a lot of projects. 

Much like in 2008, this talented defense wore down as the offense forced them onto the field more and more. 

The program needs continuity, coaching and time to reset.  No more big trips abroad, more football. 

i remember when everyone was excited about mike barwis coming in as strength and conditioning coach and how michigan waa going to be so much stronger.

didnt mean much.  

youre the one who thought they were going undefeated after they beat florida.  arent you disappointed?

26 minutes ago, Buddha said:

i remember when everyone was excited about mike barwis coming in as strength and conditioning coach and how michigan waa going to be so much stronger.

didnt mean much.  

youre the one who thought they were going undefeated after they beat florida.  arent you disappointed?

I said it was possible with that squad. 

Just another CFB season, not like I had to deal with any real adversity. 

1 hour ago, mickeyb105 said:

Turnovers are a ******. 

Peters looks like he has a lot of skills, doesn't know how to play winning football yet. Biggest disappointment is that Harbaugh's teams seem to have trouble playing 60 minutes.

23 minutes ago, hail2mich said:

It’s hard to believe this Rose Bowl is even the same sport. 

You mean the true Freshman QB that just marched his team down the field for the game-tying TD?  

55 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Peters looks like he has a lot of skills, doesn't know how to play winning football yet. Biggest disappointment is that Harbaugh's teams seem to have trouble playing 60 minutes.

Peters sounds a lot like Lions-era Joey Harrington when you put it like that. 

Killer instinct is something I didn't think a Harbaugh template would lack, but you've got it right. 

11 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

You mean the true Freshman QB that just marched his team down the field for the game-tying TD?  

Exactly.  Enough with the youth excuse for Michigan.

38 minutes ago, Buddha said:

Yep, spot on. Freshman can- and do- make impacts. Especially highly recruited ones. 

56 minutes ago, Buddha said:

I agree.  Michigan State was pretty much just as young as Michigan with a QB that had less experience than Speight or O'Korn.........they just rose up and went 10-3 - partly because they have a very good Head Coach and Michigan has a Walking Headline.   

9 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I think the evidence is growing that Andrew Luck made Jim Harbaugh and not the other way around.    

Therefore Super Bowl was a mirage

32 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I think the evidence is growing that Andrew Luck made Jim Harbaugh and not the other way around.    

Harbaugh has been an excellent coach wherever he's been.  I assume this season is a blip.

3 hours ago, mickeyb105 said:

I said it was possible with that squad. 

Just another CFB season, not like I had to deal with any real adversity. 

Cop out. You left the board for a month after the Penn State game.

31 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

Therefore Super Bowl was a mirage

Maybe he's better suited for the pros.  Maybe his judgement on which staff to hire for college ball is terrible.   Something's not working,   he's not winning the big games, he's not beating good teams.  Penn State last season was the exception.    

19 minutes ago, Buddha said:

Cop out. You left the board for a month after the Penn State game.

Stop embellishing, it should be behavior well beneath you.  

39 minutes ago, Buddha said:

Harbaugh has been an excellent coach wherever he's been.  I assume this season is a blip.

Obviously, any problems on the defensive side of the ball have been relatively minor. I think this year the secondary was border line too weak to play Brown's aggressive style, but no D is perfect and M's was pretty good.

But what an offensive under-performance. For me, the generous explanation is that the receiving corps recruiting has been badly managed such that they ended up with NO ONE on the outside this year that could either get any separation or alternatively win a one on one battle for a thrown ball when he didn't.  I think that hurt all the QBs throughout the B10 season even when they were healthy and of course they were not healthy and in general none played very well. And of course the Oline did not protect well enough to keep the QB from having to run for their lives. The Oline has the longest recruiting cycle, with more 5th yr guys on the line than almost anywhere else, so by next year he has no excuse for not having the Oline he wants.

Still, if they had gotten more people open, completed more passes, that takes the wind from a D-line and moves back blitzing linebackers who then have further to go and opens up the running game. Every D this year played M tight to stop the run and dared them to beat them over their heads and M could not. I know it's not the most popular analysis, but the think the weakness of the receivers has been an under appreciated problem.

9 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Obviously, any problems on the defensive side of the ball have been relatively minor. I think this year the secondary was border line too weak to play Brown's aggressive style, but no D is perfect and M's was pretty good.

But what an offensive under-performance. For me, the generous explanation is that the receiving corps recruiting has been badly managed such that they ended up with NO ONE on the outside this year that could either get any separation or alternatively win a one on one battle for a thrown ball when he didn't.  I think that hurt all the QBs throughout the B10 season even when they were healthy and of course they were not healthy and in general none played very well. And of course the Oline did not protect well enough to keep the QB from having to run for their lives. The Oline has the longest recruiting cycle, with more 5th yr guys on the line than almost anywhere else, so by next year he has no excuse for not having the Oline he wants.

Still, if they had gotten more people open, completed more passes, that takes the wind from a D-line and moves back blitzing linebackers who then have further to go and opens up the running game. I know it's not the most popular analysis, but the think the weakness of the receivers has been an under appreciated problem.

I agree

Receivers have been awful..............but they showed zero improvement and to me that lack of improvement is the coaching.    What exactly are they getting for their money out of Pep Hamilton anyway? 

19 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

Stop embellishing, it should be behavior well beneath you.  

Oh give me a break.

Why can't you admit that this season was a disappointment?

21 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Still, if they had gotten more people open, completed more passes, that takes the wind from a D-line and moves back blitzing linebackers who then have further to go and opens up the running game. Every D this year played M tight to stop the run and dared them to beat them over their heads and M could not. I know it's not the most popular analysis, but the think the weakness of the receivers has been an under appreciated problem.

Your oline comment doesn't work.  He's had three recruiting classes.  His first oline recruits will be redshirt sophomores next year not 5th year guys.  Michigan's oline recruiting has missed big time on some big players and its left them without much depth or talent.  That's what's killing them.  The worst sins of the Hoke regime sunk Michigan this year and are preventing them from being an elite school (oline and QB recruiting).

That being said, good teams figure out a way to win.  It's a cliché but its true.  MSU didn't have problems on their oline?  They sure did, and they don't have the bevy of 4 star kids like Michigan.  They won anyway.  Ohio State isn't perfect at every position, but they win.  Penn State's oline has been terrible for the last few years and they have an amazing offense.  Why not Michigan?  

Harbaugh looked creative on offense last year even with a QB who wasn't very good.  This year?  He looked horrible.  Absolutely terrible.

It's going to be a long summer of Sparty, Bucky, Child Molestor U, and the Biting Irish having a good go at Michigan.  And they'll all be right.  Until we can beat ANYONE of substance, Michigan has to shut up and face the music.

3 minutes ago, Buddha said:

Your oline comment doesn't work.  He's had three recruiting classes.  His first oline recruits will be redshirt sophomores next year not 5th year guys.  Michigan's oline recruiting has missed big time on some big players and its left them without much depth or talent.  That's what's killing them.  The worst sins of the Hoke regime sunk Michigan this year and are preventing them from being an elite school (oline and QB recruiting).

That being said, good teams figure out a way to win.  It's a cliché but its true.  MSU didn't have problems on their oline?  They sure did, and they don't have the bevy of 4 star kids like Michigan.  They won anyway.  Ohio State isn't perfect at every position, but they win.  Penn State's oline has been terrible for the last few years and they have an amazing offense.  Why not Michigan?  

Harbaugh looked creative on offense last year even with a QB who wasn't very good.  This year?  He looked horrible.  Absolutely terrible.

It's going to be a long summer of Sparty, Bucky, Child Molestor U, and the Biting Irish having a good go at Michigan.  And they'll all be right.  Until we can beat ANYONE of substance, Michigan has to shut up and face the music.

Painfully true