Sydney_Fife

Jackson out 6-8 weeks

They’re targeting 1/3 against Miami for Bradley to return, so they’ll have 2 games to get through without their starting backcourt. 

Beat Orlando and take the L to the Spurs. 

Pistons went 11-10 with Ish Smith starting last season. Wheels fell off last year when Jackson returned. 

Is there a trade in order? Pistons have frontcourt depth

Maybe lightning will strike twice and Stan can come up with another PG for as little as they gave up for Reggie - seems unlikely.

It’s a huge issue when Jackson returns if they do trade for Hill. 

Im sure Memphis will deal Tyreke Evans. Probably a first rounder and a contract would get it done

25 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

It’s a huge issue when Jackson returns if they do trade for Hill. 

Im sure Memphis will deal Tyreke Evans. Probably a first rounder and a contract would get it done

Not trading a 1st rounder for a short term fix, it's not like Jackson is out for the season.

I'm sure that SVG will go bargain bin shopping for a stopgap or maybe give Galloway more minutes at the point. 

14 minutes ago, NYLion said:

Not trading a 1st rounder for a short term fix, it's not like Jackson is out for the season.

I'm sure that SVG will go bargain bin shopping for a stopgap or maybe give Galloway more minutes at the point. 

OTOH - if SVG goes ahead and makes a bigger deal that brings in Jackson's permanent replacement - I think I'm OK with that....:cool:

• Like 1

This is why Galloway is getting paid $6M per--make him earn it now by playing backup PG.  Make SVG live with that choice, please don't deal away a draft pick to help get a 7th or 8th seed.  If a pick is dealt, it better be for the PG of the future.

32 minutes ago, NYLion said:

17 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

OTOH - if SVG goes ahead and makes a bigger deal that brings in Jackson's permanent replacement - I think I'm OK with that....:cool:

Both are correct.

33 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

If a pick is dealt, it better be for the PG of the future.

This is the correct answer.

Will this induce a decision on Bradley a little sooner than planned? 

6 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

I'm not hiring any of you as GM when I buy the team from Tom.

I cannot wait to see the banner of the Kool Aid man shooting a jumper next to banners of the players.

9 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

I'm not hiring any of you as GM when I buy the team from Tom.

I know you are holding out for Bob, so not offended. 

15 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

This is the correct answer.

Will this induce a decision on Bradley a little sooner than planned? 

Don't tease me. 

1 hour ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Touche.  Don't think Tyreke Evans is the answer though.

I like the idea of finding our PG of the future. A team that's falling apart this year. Wants to do a reset. You could even get a damn pretty good player if a team wants to move on and restart the process. That might create a bigger package though. Not just dumping Leuer or Boban plus a 1st. They might be asking about Ellenson or Stanley or Kennard. Plus 1st (s). Could get complicated.

Would Kemba Walker be on our radar? Would Charlotte be willing to move him? For what we can offer? Do we add Zeller or Kaminsky to get a true backup center and even out salaries in a trade? Then we're sending a couple young guys, plus Leuer/ Boban, plus a 1st or two to make a more complicated deal.

But I would be asking these questions of each of the down & out teams this year. I don't know what works for us, or if SVG the GM is up to pulling something like this off... or is willing to... but I'm thinking as big as I can. Orlando and Gordon/ Payton/ Biyombo...?

Just thinking out loud...

Anyone making a Kemba trade proposal that doesn't include one of Drummond or Harris can probably just forget it.