djhutch

BECAUSE Not Caldwell, So Then Who?

13 hours ago, Buddha said:

patricia getting the ol syracuse band back together doesnt exactly fill me with confidence.

I would actually say the opposite. One of the draws of Patricia is he does things a different way than most coaches. If he is going to be successful, it would probably be beneficial to bring guys in who share the same philosophy, which realistically might clash with a lot of the current NFL (without knowing specifics, its all just conjecture based on what we read). 

I would hate to bring in a new age coach who is famous for revamping the way a 1st class organization does things, then hamstring him with coaches who are stuck in their ways. If Patricia fails (and he might), I want it to be with his guys, so we aren't left wondering "what if". 

8 minutes ago, hardyaf said:

I would actually say the opposite. One of the draws of Patricia is he does things a different way than most coaches. If he is going to be successful, it would probably be beneficial to bring guys in who share the same philosophy, which realistically might clash with a lot of the current NFL (without knowing specifics, its all just conjecture based on what we read). 

I would hate to bring in a new age coach who is famous for revamping the way a 1st class organization does things, then hamstring him with coaches who are stuck in their ways. If Patricia fails (and he might), I want it to be with his guys, so we aren't left wondering "what if". 

i think patricia should be allowed to bring in his own guys too.  i am worried that all of his guys seem to come from patricia's first job at syracuse.  i doubt all of those guys are great examples of guys who arent "stuck in their ways."  i think theyre examples of "guys matt knows."

we shall see.

11 minutes ago, Buddha said:

i think patricia should be allowed to bring in his own guys too.  i am worried that all of his guys seem to come from patricia's first job at syracuse.  i doubt all of those guys are great examples of guys who arent "stuck in their ways."  i think theyre examples of "guys matt knows."

we shall see.

That's fair. If you are looking for some hype news, the good thing is it looks like the one thing they all have in common is they were all there (including Patricia) for the 2001 season, when Syracuse was actually good-ish (10-3). 

Jim Bob Cooter is probably going to feel like a lone wolf on that staff. From the outside at least it looks like he is in a precarious position.

How hot is his seat?

15 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

Jim Bob Cooter is probably going to feel like a lone wolf on that staff. From the outside at least it looks like he is in a precarious position.

How hot is his seat?

boiling.

i anticipate cooter will have other job offers if he does well this year, and i think he'll probably leave at the end of the year if he's successful (for a head coaching gig) or unsuccessful (he'll be fired because patricia will want his own man).

27 minutes ago, Buddha said:

(he'll be fired because patricia will want his own man).

Is George DeLeone available?

boiling.
i anticipate cooter will have other job offers if he does well this year, and i think he'll probably leave at the end of the year if he's successful (for a head coaching gig) or unsuccessful (he'll be fired because patricia will want his own man).

I predict that if they don’t have a 100 yard rushing performance by week 6, Cooter will be whacked.

I don’t think it will come to that, though; the subtraction of Ron Prince and the addition of a top-50 pick at RB should at least make them average.