djhutch

BECAUSE Not Caldwell, So Then Who?

20 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Has he had a good starting running back to work with? No, he hasn't. Has the offensive line had issues over the past two seasons he's been our OC? Yes, it has. However, it's Cooter's own admission that concerns me with regards to the running game. It isn't the end of the football world to see Cooter being kept around. I just want a little insurance that he is being kept around not because the organization/Quinn/ is trying to appease Matt Stafford or any other reason, but because Matt Patrica believes he is the best guy for the job and for his coaching staff.

I think you made too much of a throw away quote my friend

19 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Pff posted a stat about their highest graded QBs under play action and despite the Lions horrible running game Stafford was still number 2. 

So despite not being a good running team opponents apparently would still fall for our play action.

and more so imagine what he'd do if he had a ton of attempts 

1 hour ago, Jason_R said:

http:// https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2018/01/23/detroit-lions-coach-matt-patricia/1057337001/

Looks like Quinn is forcing Patricia’s hand again. I bet Mrs. Ford is involved, too, and probably WCF Sr., through a Ouija board.

This is good, this is what I want to see being reported. As long as Patricia gets to be the decision maker I'm fine with whatever moves he makes, save for hiring Joe Lombardi back or bringing in Rob Ryan.

5 minutes ago, Nastradamus said:

Haha, Martha forcing coaches or Quinn forcing Cooter was one of the stupidest fan narratives I've seen yet. 

Indeed.  It never for a second made any sense outside of a tinfoil conspiracy.  

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Nastradamus said:

Haha, Martha forcing coaches or Quinn forcing Cooter was one of the stupidest fan narratives I've seen yet. 

I heard Martha was involved in the decision to hire Patricia.  Martha thought it was a woman and wanted to the Lions to be progressive and hire the first female head coach.

I heard Martha was involved in the decision to hire Patricia.  Martha thought it was a woman and wanted to the Lions to be progressive and hire the first female head coach.

Good one.

But seriously, you look at how the team has improved since she took over, and you wonder what kind of a franchise this would be if she had been running it all along. It finally feels like it’s being run by grown ups.