djhutch

BECAUSE Not Caldwell, So Then Who?

God I'm so happy. Get a RB to pair with our franchise QB and the expert chess player running our D and look out

Definitely appears to be a done deal according to all the reports coming out now. 

He was my top/only guy all along. Love his extensive knowledge of analytics. Should help the entire organization.

Good news.  Do I dare to say that it is a "charismatic" hire. ;)

• Like 1

I hope this is true, I wanted this to happen when Bob was first brought on board.  No clue how it will turn out but I love all the press around him.

Also:

Until they bring him out for the introductory press conference I will try to temper my enthusiasm.

4 hours ago, Kamakzie said:

Until they bring him out for the introductory press conference I will try to temper my enthusiasm.

That's what I'm thinking. No celebration on my part until his signature is on the contract.

It might turn out that Patricia is Stefon Diggs, the Lions are #43 New Orleans, and the end zone is the New York Giants.

Hate the Vikings.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Reports are the Lions are telling candidates other than Patricia they are out.

I got my call the other day.... apparently I will not be coaching the Detroit lions.

Well with that semi sorted out who is your dream Def/Off Coordinators... and who seems more likely to be the actual Def/Off Coordinators?!?

• Like 1

On 1/11/2018 at 9:54 AM, Shelton said:

So there was talk yesterday about a report from Dave Birkett that cooter was likely to be the OC regardless of who is hired. 

The immediate reaction seemed to be that Quinn was forcing cooter on his new coach.

I don’t read it that way. I think it’s more likely that Patricia and vrabel have indicated to Quinn that they would want to keep him. 

Just a personal opinion, but I don't think it's quite that cut and dried... My guess is that it went something like this:

Quinn: "Here's Cooter... I really like him and I think here's going to make a great OC, and here's why....  what do you think?"

I doubt Quinn forced Cooter as a condition of being hired, but I also imagine there was at least some level of recommendation, which I have no problem with assuming that Cooter really is as good as Quinn apparently thinks he is.

4 minutes ago, RedRamage said:

Just a personal opinion, but I don't think it's quite that cut and dried... My guess is that it went something like this:

Quinn: "Here's Cooter... I really like him and I think here's going to make a great OC, and here's why....  what do you think?"

I doubt Quinn forced Cooter as a condition of being hired, but I also imagine there was at least some level of recommendation, which I have no problem with assuming that Cooter really is as good as Quinn apparently thinks he is.

No disagreement here. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Quinn likes cooter, and I wouldn’t be surprised if Patricia trusts Quinn and takes that recommendation seriously. But I also think that Quinn is giving Patricia or Vrabel or whoever the right to use whatever staff they see fit. 

I would expect that any head coaching candidate has an idea on guys he would be interested in having on their staff, and I think in most cases the GM and coach work together on filling it out. It seems more likely to me that Patricia wants cooter, given Quinn’s possible recommendation and what Patricia himself knows about Cooter and Stanford. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

It is my understanding that Stanford is well thought of all around the world.

It’s a great school. 

It’s a great school. 

Didn’t Jim Harbaugh used to be their coach? I wonder what he’s doing these days.

Saw a report that they are wanting to keep JBC. Maybe Patricia can pry Vrabel from Houston to be the defensive coordinator. He can fill in any missing charisma.