Mopaniac

Need to sign Ackley (hurt us as a Yankee)

All i know is that in springtraining 2016 we lost 2 games against  the Yankee's  Ack won them both after mclenden and ausmus put in a lefty to strike him out late in the gm and ack hitbthe game winning rbi. In both.  Also from 2011 -2015. Mariners  won  mor than lost against us.   

3 minutes ago, Mopaniac said:

All i know is that in springtraining 2016 we lost 2 games against  the Yankee's  Ack won them both after mclenden and ausmus put in a lefty to strike him out late in the gm and ack hitbthe game winning rbi. In both.  Also from 2011 -2015. Mariners  won  mor than lost against us.   

The fact that Ackley was playing late in spring training games in 2016 should speak volumes about where he was as a player at that time, let alone now. Good players typically aren't playing late in games during spring training.

I look forward to seeing him post a below-average OPS in either the Pacific Coast or International League again this season...or maybe in the Mexican League!

He will win a job out of spring trainning  this year i Guarantee it. He's healthy like he was  after he was traded to the  Yankee's in 2015 and hit .288 with .635 slg. Pg.  

He had a nice rookie campaign.  Aside from the 57 Babe Ruthian plate appearances with New York, he has not been that good since.

mi20180102_141913-2.thumb.jpg.923604aef1e9f0970f8a62897cf932ef.jpgyea your so rt. The mariners have a Great record with rookies. Aka. Adam Jones among others.  Look at Hr's of Smoak ,Morrison last yr.  .   

Screenshot_2018-01-02-14-32-46.png

7 hours ago, Mopaniac said:

mi20180102_141913-2.thumb.jpg.923604aef1e9f0970f8a62897cf932ef.jpgyea your so rt. The mariners have a Great record with rookies. Aka. Adam Jones among others.  Look at Hr's of Smoak ,Morrison last yr.  .   

Screenshot_2018-01-02-14-32-46.png

8 hours ago, Mopaniac said:

He will win a job out of spring trainning  this year i Guarantee it. He's healthy like he was  after he was traded to the  Yankee's in 2015 and hit .288 with .635 slg. Pg.  

Welcome back, Mrs. Ackley!

On 1/2/2018 at 11:32 AM, Mopaniac said:

Well I'm sold. Some clutch spring training ABs is what this squad needs. 

in the name of all that is good and holy, can a moderator please delete this entire thread, burn the server it was on, and drop the ashes in the deepest, darkest hole you can find?

58 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

in the name of all that is good and holy, can a moderator please delete this entire thread, burn the server it was on, and drop the ashes in the deepest, darkest hole you can find?

Why? Its at least fun. 

We need an epic thread for a dismal off-season.  Please let Mopaniac be Ackleys Mom.

At first I just thought it was a former poster just being a troll but now it appears that he/she actually does have legit ties to Ackley.  Maybe an old friend or something?

2 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

At first I just thought it was a former poster just being a troll but now it appears that he/she actually does have legit ties to Ackley.  Maybe an old friend or something?

It’s a mystery. I feel relatively confident that this person is local, given the references to “us” and knowing that ackley owns property north of Detroit. But the way he(?) has made a point to post on different team sites over the past few years specifically about ackley likely means that there is a close personal connection (relative or personal friend). 

Anyway, nothing wrong with that. 

Hopefully Mopa doesn't feel the need to go out to Ferndale to whip someone's butt over this thread.

2 hours ago, drownwithyou said:

Hopefully Mopa doesn't feel the need to go out to Ferndale to whip someone's butt over this thread.

Some of us could use a good butt whipping