Mopaniac

Need to sign Ackley (hurt us as a Yankee)

Former #2 pick  now healthy  and lefthanded hitter  plays all OF and 1b ,2b  also very good defensive glove .991 numbers in all 5 pos.  Lives in Mi.

I wish i could say we already have better but we don't   we have a bunch of inexperienced AAA  ballplayers with close to no mlb exp. No OF with 600 + mlb exp. Way better def.than Kinser  ,,,

Based on facts   Ack. .989 fld..  14 er in 292 games.     Kinsler .981 ".  154 er in 1672 games.     6x 14 = 84  that's how many Ack. Would have.  Also Ack was 3 rd in G.Glove voting while.at 2nd  under cano,and Pedroia 

He still single handedly beat detroit in 2 springtraining  games while with the Yankee's  and the Mariners always had detroits number while playing there ,  enough said.  His agent Boras wont let him come here anyhow.   

Fielding averages and error counts are not good facts to be using here.  Kinsler has had the following DRS (Defensive Runs Saved) since 2014:

20 19 12 6.

Dustin Ackley has played 21 games at second base during that period and the last time he had a positive DRS was in 2013.   

14 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

But if Detroit signs him, he won't have to face The Olde English D anymore.  

He'd look good in a Cleveland uniform.  It could help keep Detroit pitch counts down.

Ack and his ss were #2 in runs saved in 2012 ans #1 in 2013 in MLB  then Seattle brought in Cano for 240mil.for 2b and Ack moved to the OF  where he's  been very good Defensively. Was the best college hitter of the decade  

He would help Detroit  rt now. They dont have much.  And they needed  to sign Austin Jackson  last yr.  And people thought i was crazy. Then see what he did. A .318 hitter for Cleveland   and they could have had him for 2 mil  instead i watched AA and AAA  players make errors  that Ack  isn't  capable  of making.   

1 minute ago, Mopaniac said:

Ack and his ss were #2 in runs saved in 2012 ans #1 in 2013 in MLB  then Seattle brought in Cano for 240mil.for 2b and Ack moved to the OF  where he's  been very good Defensively. Was the best college hitter of the decade  

Ackley was fine defensively at second base in 2013 and might still be.  Kinsler has been one of the best defensive second basemen in the game for several years. I am not seeing how Ackley is way better than Kinsler.  I doubt he is even better.  

Why do we care if Ackley was a great college hitter?