Tenacious D

Trammell and Morris made the HOF!

18 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Portland's an odd town, I go there often. I've heard there's a gentleman's club there that retires the names of strippers. If a Cheri was really popular back in her day, no new girl who comes to town and wants to work at that club today is allowed to use Cheri as her stage name.

Respect

29 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Yes, but it's not just what you know, it's also what you know that most others don't. It was easier back then to gain a comparative advantage of baseball knowledge over your friends and teammates if you simply took the one extra step of getting a Sporting News subscription or went to the library to read a week-old Boston Globe to see what the Red Sox beat writers were saying about their team you might only see on TV a few times a year. You might be the only guy in your class or on your team who did so. 

You can take the extra step and gain an information advantage by keeping up with things like pitch f/x and statcast.  There is new stuff coming fast and furious all the time.  The problem is it is too easily accessible and too easily misused with people (not MTS) thinking  they know more than they do.  Yeah, I know I was part of the crowd which created the monster!

59 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Looks like Tram and Morris are going to have a lot of company.

F0659E18-FA92-410F-AEDF-B262CDFD6FF5.png

The unreported ballots usually bring down the percentages.  Jones, Thome and Guerrero will make it, but not sure about the others.  

7 hours ago, tiger337 said:

The unreported ballots usually bring down the percentages.  Jones, Thome and Guerrero will make it, but not sure about the others.  

Do you think that Edgar spending most of his career as a DH hurts him?

6 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Vlad will make it easily and Andruw runs the risk of being left off the ballot?

I consider them to be pretty similar and am surprised at how much support Guerrero has gotten.  I think you can make a case for both of them, but I don't see Guerrero as significantly better.  Guerrero was my 10th pick and I had to think about whether he was better than Jones and Manny Ramirez.  

6 hours ago, Biff Mayhem said:

Do you think that Edgar spending most of his career as a DH hurts him?

yes, it does and I think it should be a factor.  I do think his hitting was elite enough to make him worthy though.

58 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

I consider them to be pretty similar and am surprised at how much support Guerrero has gotten.  I think you can make a case for both of them, but I don't see Guerrero as significantly better.  Guerrero was my 10th pick and I had to think about whether he was better than Jones and Manny Ramirez.  

If anything, I would give the ever so slight nod to Jones over both for playing CF.  I think it is harder to find that level of defense and hitting from a CF than the level of hitting and d that Vlad / Manny provided from the corner OF position.

• Like 1

Glad to see Lee say that about Vlad because I had the same thoughts.... not saying he shouldn't be a HOF but just at the strong support.  I didn't think he was that much of a slam dunk guy

On 1/5/2018 at 2:29 PM, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

If anything, I would give the ever so slight nod to Jones over both for playing CF.  I think it is harder to find that level of defense and hitting from a CF than the level of hitting and d that Vlad / Manny provided from the corner OF position.

I think the thing that knocks Andruw is how much he fell off the cliff after 30. He basically became useless. RIght or wrong, I bet that leads some to think steroids. Also, even though he started at 20, most people don't remember that and the fact he dropped off at 30 leads many to think he was a 5 or 7 year player. 

Vlad on the other hand was productive under 35. 

Also the MVPS, Vlad has one and has double the number of top 10 finishes as Jones. 

I think that is the difference for voters. 

15 hours ago, LooseGoose said:

I'm still shocked @ Vlad carrying 95%

.318/.379/.931 career hitter with 450 dingers. Not to mention highlight throws from RF in his expos days. I'm not that surprised.