Tenacious D

Trammell and Morris made the HOF!

Just now, Tenacious D said:

First Tigers since Kaline, I believe.  Does Morris go in as a Tiger?

As great as 1991 was, I don't see how that trumps 14 of 18 seasons (plus no hitter and a WS win too) with the Tigs.

Results of the Modern Baseball Era Ballot (12 votes needed for election): Jack Morris (14 votes, 87.5%); Alan Trammell (13 votes, 81.3%); Ted Simmons (11 votes, 68.8%); Marvin Miller (7 votes, 43.8%); Steve Garvey, Tommy John, Don Mattingly, Dale Murphy, Dave Parker and Luis Tiant each received fewer than seven votes.

Whitaker should definitely be in the HOF.

I believe he has the highest rated WAR for someone who is in NOT in the HOF.

:alien:

I am so happy to see Trammell make the Hall of Fame and to see my all-time favorite Tigers team finally get represented.  Seeing him get the national attention he deserves leading up to his induction is going to make next season a lot more fun.  Morris doesn't belong, but I am not going to let that get in the way of the enjoyment of seeing the 80s Tigers finally being represented.  Whitaker needs to join them some day and now that Trammell made it, I think he will eventually.

10 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

https://www.baseballprospectus.com/news/article/26706/rubbing-mud-jack-morris-dra-and-progress/

I wanted to post this as a Devil's Advocate to the inevitable arguments against Morris's inclusion.

I remember reading that article and then looking up his DRA and seeing that it was significantly lower than what it said in the article.  I think they made some adjustments.  I tried to look it up now but I think you can't see that without BP Premium which I no longer have.  

Lou played a year longer,  he wasn't eligible this time, right?       He will be next year and I bet he gets in. 

Now, can we get Dire Straits in the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame? 

I spent the last hour praying for peace, in all honesty, and this is what I get? Well it’s a start. I am very happy about this, even about Morris. 

• Like 2

Just now, Motor City Sonics said:

About a hundred dollars............yeah, a hundred dollars

Whoo! $100 bucks more than I had this morning!

37 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

I am so happy to see Trammell make the Hall of Fame and to see my all-time favorite Tigers team finally get represented.  Seeing him get the national attention he deserves leading up to his induction is going to make next season a lot more fun.  Morris doesn't belong, but I am not going to let that get in the way of the enjoyment of seeing the 80s Tigers finally being represented.  Whitaker needs to join them some day and now that Trammell made it, I think he will eventually.

We have this in common my friend. 

Tram is my favorite player of all time, and this has been a black spot on the writers for a long time.

You hear stories about other stars of sport acting in very disrespectful ways. Trammell was never like that, and he never will be. I don't know what his parents did, but they raised a very respectful person. I've had the pleasure of meeting him several times. Just pure class- he is always the same, to everyone he meets.  He just never changes.  And after all he had to go through when he managed this team for those awful years, it is nice to see him get what he deserves. 

I think Morris does belong, but I understand why people would disagree with that. Jack would be the first to tell you he didn't have Tram's temperment- not by a long shot. But an unbelievable competitor in his own right, and a guy who has definitely grown up and gained perspective in life. I think if Jack had been more respectful to the people covering him, he would have been in a long time ago. His ERA is debatable, but I don't think there's another guy you hand the ball to for a big game in that era (Nolan Ryan is probably the only other one I'd give it to, not considering PED offenders). 

A great day for Detroit and for that 84 team. 

• Like 3