84 Lives!!!

Who can we trade this year?

15 hours ago, drownwithyou said:

Mrazek won his first start last night for Philly, 2-1 win with 20 saves I believe?  Philly currently sits in the third wild card spot, 4 points ahead of New Jersey who just made a trade for Grabner (gave up a lot too).  So it'll be interesting on the conditional pick watch.  I imagine him winning 5 regular season games is going to be easy, but Philly making the playoffs could come down to the wire.

GO FLYERS

Flyers are safely in the playoffs. They're actually in the 3rd Metro spot so have about a 9 pt cushion for at least the wildcard.

Flyers are safely in the playoffs. They're actually in the 3rd Metro spot so have about a 9 pt cushion for at least the wildcard.

Holy **** did I misread those standings! Thank you for correcting my idiocy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ken Campbell tweeted out stuff about Glendening being valuable to the Wings so he's definitely staying.  Holland filters his national info through Campbell so I would be extremely shocked if Glendening was dealt, and I was so excited at the rumors.

Stasny and Hartman just went for first rounders and more.... this is killing me that people are shelling out a ton for the likes of Rick Nash and the Wings have done diddly outside of Mrazek!

Tomas Tatar to the Golden Knights for a 1st, 2nd and 3rd according to George Malik.

If this is true . . . WOW!!! Great deal for Tatar.

What a great return for Tatar.

I think the Karlsson stuff really messed up the Green market.  Still should have traded him for anything.

2 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Tomas Tatar to the Golden Knights for a 1st, 2nd and 3rd according to George Malik.

If true it's a steal which almost makes up for Holland's blunder in not trading Green.

8 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

How did Kenny manage not to move Mike Green?

He is injured that can't help. Also, sometimes it takes a few minutes after the dead line to hear about it.

7 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Red Wings not retaining any of his salary either.

Tampa went with Ryan McDonagh after having interest in Green.  That neck injury really stinks.  I wonder which teams he would waive his NTC to too.

I don't know much about Hockey, but it looks like this Tatar deal was pretty good. It also looks like he bombed on Green even if he was hurt..... I keep hearing Kenny Holland may be headed to Seattle if they do indeed get their expansion team. Interesting. You guys think Holland should stay or go after today?

2 minutes ago, AlaskanTigersFan said:

I don't know much about Hockey, but it looks like this Tatar deal was pretty good. It also looks like he bombed on Green even if he was hurt..... I keep hearing Kenny Holland may be headed to Seattle if they do indeed get their expansion team. Interesting. You guys think Holland should stay or go after today?

Another problem with Green was his NTC as apparently he wouldn't okay many destinations.  Tampa was one of them who had interest, but now there are rumblings that Yzerman was negotiating on Karlsson to obscure his interest in McDonagh so who knows if they were ever really in on Green.  It is a pretty big blunder to not get a single asset for him, but their hands were definitely tied not only with the injury scaring teams but Green's short list of destinations.

I would say that today's developments overall have no effect on my desire to let Holland leave after his contract is done this season.  He's put the roster in a bad spot with so many bad contracts that not even the most epic deadline of all time should save him (and I don't think the lack of Green trade pushes it to firing him on the spot today or anything like that, just unfortunate really).

I see all over the Wings thought they could get a 1st for him. Amazing they didn't get a 2nd or 3rd even if he is hurt.... Thats the part that befuddles me most.

Ken Holland deserves credit for the Tatar trade. 

He also deserves extreme demerits for constructing this joke of an organization. 

He sucks.

7 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

They could probably get a 3rd or 4th for the rights to Green a week before UFA.

Good point!

I just read that Green only okay'ed Washington and Tampa Bay (and apparently turned down a Toronto trade?) but not sure how accurate that is.  Everything I've seen is that his approved list was extremely small so this makes sense.

So I'm guessing that the Las Vegas #1 will be around 24-27 overall. Of course could be lower if they make the conference finals (28-29) or SCF (30-31) but I don't think that will happen. Next year's #2 could also be decent if LV falls off next year.

Wings should have 4 picks in the top 40 this year. Say, #10 and #40 of their own, #25 from LV, #35 from Ottawa.

Other than the Helm and Nielsen signings, what bad moves has Holland made in the past 2 years? There are moves I wish he had made, but the ones he has made weren't horrible. Datsyuk trade was good - moved down a few spots in the 1st round to also pick up a high 2nd - regardless of the cap hit gains. Got two 2nds for Smith last deadline. Didn't do anything last summer, which is good, except the relatively minor Daley move. Damage Holland did was mostly in the 2013-2016 timeframe.

4 hours ago, lordstanley said:

Other than the Helm and Nielsen signings, what bad moves has Holland made in the past 2 years? There are moves I wish he had made, but the ones he has made weren't horrible. Datsyuk trade was good - moved down a few spots in the 1st round to also pick up a high 2nd - regardless of the cap hit gains. Got two 2nds for Smith last deadline. Didn't do anything last summer, which is good, except the relatively minor Daley move. Damage Holland did was mostly in the 2013-2016 timeframe.

Those Helm and Nielsen signings are gigantic blunders though. I'd also fault him for bungling the AA situation this off-season.